JetBlue - wifi - how to?

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
JetBlue's website says their planes have WiFi, but it doesn't say how to connect.

Is there an app which I have to download ahead of time?

There isn't an app.

I want to say you have to enter an email address. There were instructions, some what in one of the packets in the seat in front of you. It's been almost a year since I flew the, flying them 2 weeks from tomorrow..warm weather, no wind, warm weather, no wind.

I didn't watch movies but I did text and I posted plane pictures to Facebook. And checked to see where we were on google maps, lol!

There isn't an app.

I want to say you have to enter an email address. There were instructions, some what in one of the packets in the seat in front of you. It's been almost a year since I flew the, flying them 2 weeks from tomorrow..warm weather, no wind, warm weather, no wind.

I didn't watch movies but I did text and I posted plane pictures to Facebook. And checked to see where we were on google maps, lol!

Okay, thanks!

There are instructions on the seat back card.

However, you just connection to the flyfi wifi network it should auto send you to the sign in page where you put your name and email. You can connect for texting and using social media and email for free. If you need streaming video it will cost unless it is on Amazon (which I think is free while you are flying).

If you can't connect just ask the flight attendants they are pretty good and showing you how to do it.

There are instructions on the seat back card.

However, you just connection to the flyfi wifi network it should auto send you to the sign in page where you put your name and email. You can connect for texting and using social media and email for free. If you need streaming video it will cost unless it is on Amazon (which I think is free while you are flying).

If you can't connect just ask the flight attendants they are pretty good and showing you how to do it.

Thank you!

....I didn't watch movies but I did text and I posted plane pictures to Facebook. And checked to see where we were on google maps, lol!

Next time also try Flightaware to track your flight if you haven't done so before.

..... You can connect for texting and using social media and email for free. If you need streaming video it will cost unless it is on Amazon (which I think is free while you are flying).....

All wifi is now free on JB, including streaming.
http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/11/pf/jetblue-free-wiffi-all-domestic-flights/index.html

Next time also try Flightaware to track your flight if you haven't done so before.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/11/pf/jetblue-free-wiffi-all-domestic-flights/index.html

Oh that's good to know. It was original free for all then suddenly went free for low bandwidth stuff and price flux based on length of flight for high bandwidth and VPN use. I'll get so much more work done in the air for free if they went back to free for everything.

Oh that's good to know. It was original free for all then suddenly went free for low bandwidth stuff and price flux based on length of flight for high bandwidth and VPN use. I'll get so much more work done in the air for free if they went back to free for everything.

Yep. IIRC, as you said it was all free while in the beta stage, which was basically until they had it installed on all aircraft. Then they had it if you wanted to stream it was $9.00 an hour, but basic surfing was still free. Then as you said if you had Amazon Prime I believe, you could stream Amazon content. Late last year/early this year they decided to offer it for free for everyone.

When you had to pay for streaming I'm not sure how they monitored it as at one point I looked over at my then 6yo DD and she was watching YouTube clips and we were on the basic plan and they looked fine.

There was no instruction card. They did run instructions on the tv screen. I started to try it but it was too slow for me so i watched tv instead. Maybe i will try again on my next flight.

Love flight aware. My husband flies corporate from time to time and showed me the website years ago. The pilot of his work plane told him about it so he could track the plane and see where it is.

Just used it yesterday to track my moms flight home from FL, watched her plane land, granted there were not a lot of planes landing at BDL yesterday mid afternoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter