Jetblue flight isn't selling well - will they cancel and when?

tukogirl

Mouseketeer
The Jetblue flight I have booked from LAX to MCO isn't selling well. We are just under 3 months and there are only 28 occupied seats, according to the seat map. This is the only LAX/MCO nonstop that day and all of the others are routed with several hour layovers.

Does Jetblue normally cancel low selling flights and any thoughts on when they might do so? I'm afraid they will cancel a month out and we will end up paying a ridiculous amount on another airline that close to flight date.

Business travelers book last minute. They typically don’t cancel low booked flights. As others said, if they cancel it, it will cause a domino affect for the next flights.

Also, if Jet Blue is like most discount airlines and charge for an assigned seat, then the seat map does not reflect the number of seats sold. For anyone who buys a ticket but chooses to not pay extra for an assigned seat (like me), then all seats are still available for other to choose from. Those that don't choose to pay extra are assigned a seat later. There could be 200 seats sold. But only 28 people have paid for an assigned seat.

Also, if Jet Blue is like most discount airlines and charge for an assigned seat, then the seat map does not reflect the number of seats sold. For anyone who buys a ticket but chooses to not pay extra for an assigned seat (like me), then all seats are still available for other to choose from. Those that don't choose to pay extra are assigned a seat later. There could be 200 seats sold. But only 28 people have paid for an assigned seat.
Jet Bue does not sell unassigned seats.

Not yet, at least...

As others have said flights are rarely cancelled for that reason and the fact that it's not only getting aircraft in place for it's next flight they have have to get the crew in pace for their next flight or just get them home. So just cancelling a flight would have a domino effect.

I'm afraid they will cancel a month out and we will end up paying a ridiculous amount on another airline that close to flight date.

If Jetlue was to change your flight, like say a schedule change, they would still get you you from Point A to Point B at no additional cost to you. I have had a few sched changes on JB and have changed to different flights as they were more convenient. Last summer they changed my flight from BOS to LAX from something like 6p to 8p. I was able to change it for free to the 1045a flight. In your case with the other airports they fly out of in the LA area they might also allow you a change to a different departing airport if that flight worked better for you.

Also, if Jet Blue is like most discount airlines and charge for an assigned seat

JetBlue does not charge extra to pick a seat.

Not yet, anyway ;)

My favorite jetBlue flight was a redeye from LAS to BOS, Christmas night a few years ago. Exactly 1/3 of the seats were sold/taken. I had the entire back three rows to myself.

Fingers crossed they don't but who knows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter