Jet Fuel shortage???

Jaime

DIS Veteran
Should I be worried about my airline cancelling our trip on Sat because of a Jet fuel shortage?

No. Most carriers have a one month or more reserve of aviation fuel.

Anne

thanks... it's so hard to be excited about our trip right now knowing what is about to happen in Texas.

I agree with Anne. This rumor arose after Katrina and it turned out to be noting. Since the hurricane is just now hitting and we don't know exactly what will be hit, it's hard to speculate...

I don't think this will help any of the airlines financial situations though.

There's no fuel shortage anywhere. The title of this thread is exactly how bad rumors get started.

-- Eric :earsboy:

Jaime, please do not take this the wrong way,, something i learned while in the service ,,, since you can't control or do anything about that situation, don't worry about it. let the person who can, do the worrying about it. so go tto disney and have a great time, when the storm is over, Texas will still be there

I agree--the media will do all it can to promote the idea of fuel shortages, just as they did w/Katrina. Actually, the oil companies didn't even buy all the oil offered from the startegic reserve. Didn't need it. And all the damage inflicted by Katrina (to wells and refineries) turned out to be far less than they first announced.

Of course, anything can happen with the new storm and if several MAJOR refineries (NOT oil wells, but refineries) are severely damaged, there could be some problems.
So lets all wait and see before we go off the deep end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter