Jedi, Princesses and Disney Geeks...Oh My!! The Sweet Sixteen go to Disney!6-11 New

Those posters are great! I couldn't stop laughing and all my DD10 kept saying is "Weird." and "Weirder" Thanks for sharing!

I thought I'd share Milliepie's shared file link in case you wanted some additional ideas for T's and you didn't already know about it. I think the storm trooper eating a mickey bar is a hoot!

http://www.4shared.com/dir/19077581/4fa6c900/sharing.html

Have a great day!
Those are really cute! I will have to show my husband. Thank you!

I'll try to work on ideas for "N" tomorrow. Noodle Terrace?:confused3

"N" has me really stumped. Thank you for helping!

Those posters are great! I couldn't stop laughing and all my DD10 kept saying is "Weird." and "Weirder" Thanks for sharing!

They are funny. My DH thought they were great!

Bringing the Magic Home

Tonight my DH and I were going to go to the Drive In to see Iron Man 2. But, it has been thunderstorming on and off all afternoon so, we are staying in tonight. I thought I would write about souvenirs. My DH and I have some things that we always buy on every trip.

1.A Christmas ornament. I love putting them on the tree every year and being reminded of our trips. I actually like to buy ornaments on any trip we take. We got a few on our cruise in March.

2.Pins. I like the holiday pins to wear to school. My students love them. I also like to get one with the year and one from the resort we are staying at. DH likes the Star Wars pins. Last year he really liked the mystery packs with two pins in them.

3.DH will get Star Wars weekend stuff. Last year, he got a shirt and pins.

4.Refillable mugs. For us, it is useful while we are there and a practical but fun reminder of Disney when we are at home. I liked it more when they had resort specific mugs instead of all being the same.

5.A CD with music from the parks. I love Disney music!!

6.A pair of earrings.

So, what do you like to buy at Disney?

Shelley, these have been awesome updates! I love those posters...Jack will definitely want them for his room! Can't wait to show Bryan!

Let's see...our souveniers....

I love the pins. Right now, they sit on lanyards hanging from one of my scrapbooking organizers. Eventually I'd like to be able to display them...when we have a bigger house!;) I also get the mugs...I love using them at school. This year, we'll probably buy soda at WalMart when we get there, but I'll still buy a mug! This trip, I might get a necklace at pick-a-pearl when we get them for our moms. I'm also thinking about splurging and getting a nice hooded sweatshirt that I can wear to work on jeans days.

DH always buys t-shirts. You can bet there will be a Star Wars Weekend shirt purchased, but there will also be others.

Jack has his heart set on a lightsaber from the toy store in DTD. Actually, he has his heart set on DOUBLE BLADED lightsaber. Yes, he already has his mind made up. He's also used his spending money on a few of the Disney-themed matchbox-type cars, too. I can see us doing that for Will as well.

Haley...it depends on the trip. In 2007, she did the My Pretty Pony stuff-a-box thing. Last trip she bought a pack of the Disney Polly-Pocket-type things. They were the princes. She was very excited...until she realized that there were four different heads, and plenty of outfits, but only one body. :confused3 She still enjoyed them, but it was odd. I know that this year will be different still...she's transitioning away from toys and into things geared toward pre-teens...:eek: We'll see what we end up with!

Hey girls!! I found you! I can't believe you came home and posted after scrapbooking at Archivers! :thumbsup2 True dis spirit! My DH couldn't believe I had found someone as crazy as me about Disney....it gave him hope :goodvibes. I finally got caught up on your pre-trip report! Looks like you are getting all set. I'm so excited for all of you!! I'm inspired (I think) to start a new one for my November 20th Wedding Anniversary trip. I will send along some of our Christmas trip picks to you soon, you definitely should plan that trip next, it is a wonderful time to visit. I did find the link to our 2007 completed trip report in case you wanted to read through my first go at a trip report. Keep at it....I'll be reading!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1554904

Welcome! :wave: Glad you found us! I'd like to see what your plans are in November - it sounds like a great time of year to go. Good weather, fewer crowds!

Jack has been a Disney lover since his first trip at 20 months…that was the trip we didn’t think he’d remember. Imagine our surprise when he chattered all about what we would see with his great-aunt when we returned in 2007! Here are the ten things he wants to do most…in no particular order:

Toy Story Mania: Jack is my video game addict (though his baby brother isn’t far behind him), and this game was right up his ally.

100_1066.jpg

He and Daddy can’t wait to compete for high scores!

Buzz Lightyear: Even though he loves TSM, this is still his favorite.

100_0862.jpg
]

He, Haley and Daddy rode this repeatedly in 2008 while I nursed Will. He was in his glory! The funniest thing, to me, is that we almost had to drag him on this in 2007. He immediately wanted to go on it again, though!

Star Wars Weekends: I know, big surprise here! He just wasn’t into it in 2008. Now, I can’t wait to see his face when he comes face to face with all the characters that walk around! (And DH is even more excited than I either of us!) Even though he wasn’t into SW back then, this is Jack and DH in 2007 (Yes, his shirt says “Jedi in Training Pants”):

100_5665.jpg

CBR Slide: This one surprised me, since he’s been a bit wary of the water since he got his tubes in last spring. He might have said it because his sister did…or he might surprise me. He has been a water bug in the past…

The characters…especially Jedi Mickey: I know this one doesn’t surprise anyone!

image16.jpg

Star Tours: This is another one I’m not sure he’ll actually do. He was so frightened of the rides last time…even getting him on Pooh was a struggle! But he gets so excited whenever he talks about it. I hope he does it – his daddy will be heartbroken if not.

Jedi Training Academy:

100_1098.jpg

We’re going to wait to do this until Friday. I think hitting it during Star Wars weekends would mean way too much waiting in line. DH is coming up with a plan for it for Friday already…he’s developing a strategy. Jack really doesn’t care…he just wants to play with a lightsaber! When we saw this in ’08, we decided that this is Daddy’s dream job.

The Teacups: They’ve just always been a favorite of his. The picture I posted of him in the introduction (p. 1) is of him on the teacups…he just loves it. You can tell by the look on his face! This is him, his Uncle Timmy, and Haley in 2007:

100_6117.jpg

Double Lightsabers: This is his most anticipated souvenir. This is, of course, all thanks to Uncle Timmy, who made one back in ’07. Jack has seen pictures of it on our computer (our screen saver is of all our Disney pictures, and this one keeps coming up…but it must be on our desktop computer, and I’m on my laptop right now…sorry!)

Dinner at Chef Mickey’s: Jack has always enjoyed this one. My favorite video of him from 2007 is from here. He’s swinging his napkin in one hand, and eating an apple with another, laughing the whole time. I really hope that we enjoy it as much this trip as we always have…I’ve read a few reviews that aren’t that great.

So, that’s Jack’s top 10. He is one excited little guy right now. Kindergarten is wrapping up, and he gets to go to a day camp for a week this year. He’s playing baseball for the first time. AND…in 1 month and 3 days (since it’s after midnight now), he’s going to Disney World!

I’ll be back with Mom and Dad’s lists next…and a few things that we’re looking forward to showing Will.
:happytv:

Great Top 10 list! And for souvenirs I always like Christmas ornaments. In fact I have a tree that is only Disney ornaments! I also like bringing home blankets I can can snuggle up with on a cold winter's night to remind of happy times. And picture frames to put all of those Photopass pictures in. And my kids always come home with more stuffed animals.:rolleyes:

Great Top 10 list! And for souvenirs I always like Christmas ornaments. In fact I have a tree that is only Disney ornaments! I also like bringing home blankets I can can snuggle up with on a cold winter's night to remind of happy times. And picture frames to put all of those Photopass pictures in. And my kids always come home with more stuffed animals.:rolleyes:

We do the stuffed animals, too - that's part of the reason DH wants to head to Downtown Disney our first night there. Every time we've gone, we've gotten the kids a new Disney plush. Last trip, we went to DTD right away and they had them for the whole trip, so Bry wants to do that again.

You guys all enjoy the Christmas ornaments. I might have to start a new tradition...:goodvibes

My goal is to one day have a Disney tree. We don't have the space for it right now. :santa:

Jen, I think it would be fun to do the pick a pearl too. I found a cute pearl cage online that looks like Cinderella's carriage. That would be really cute! I'm not sure about posting the link here since it was on Ebay. You can look up pearl carriage and it should come up.

There's a First Time For Everything

When people ask me why I like to go back to Disney so much I usually answer because there is always something new. Even if it isn't new to Disney there are still tons of things that are new to me. You can never do everything in one trip or even in 6 trips. So, with that in mind I would like to list some of the Disney firsts that I would like to attempt to do on this trip.

Magic Kingdom
I would like to see the newly refurbished Hall of Presidents
The Main Street Electric Parade
Summer Spectacular Fireworks
Wishes Dessert Party *Still working out the plans for this.
Snack:Cream Cheese Pretzel

DHS
Toy Story Mania
Voyage of The Little Mermaid
American Idol
Hyperspace Hoopla
Walt Disney One Man's Dream

Epcot
Turtle Talk With Crush
Gran Fiesta Tour
Test Track
Tron themed monorails
A snack from one of the World Showcase pavilions

Animal Kingdom
Finding Nemo show

Resorts to Explore
CBR
Boardwalk
Beach Club
Yacht Club

New TS Restaurants
Le Cellier
Crystal Palace
1900 Park Fare
Liberty Tree Tavern
Beaches and Cream (Dessert Only)

Possible New CS Restaurants
Morocco
Toy Story Pizza Planet
Pecos Bills

I am sure I am forgetting something. If I think of anything I will update my list. What are you looking forward to doing that is new?

Great list of new things to try. Here are some of the new things I'm planning on:
Ohana's (breakfast and dinner)
Old Key West
Pirate's League
Coral Reef
EMH (I'm going to try an AM and a PM)
50' Primetime
and I'm sure there will be more I've forgotten and some new experiences I haven't planned on, but that just happen!

Great list of new things to try. Here are some of the new things I'm planning on:
Ohana's (breakfast and dinner)
Old Key West
Pirate's League
Coral Reef
EMH (I'm going to try an AM and a PM)
50' Primetime
and I'm sure there will be more I've forgotten and some new experiences I haven't planned on, but that just happen!

Great list. The only things I have tried on your list are dinner at Ohana's, lunch a primetime and I have done the EMH. I think the pirate's league will be a lot of fun. I just had a parent of one of my students telling me today what a great experience that was for her son. He still talks about it as one of his favorite things.

One month from today we will be in Disney World!!!!
:cheer2::woohoo::cool1::rockband:party:

I am still debating on the Wishes Dessert party. It sounds fun but, I don't know if it is worth the money. If we do go I am thinking maybe we could do it Sunday or Friday. I am going to have to think about it a little more.

It has been a while since I have posted pictures. This is how my DH displays our pins after we return from Disney. We have two like this and they are hanging in our computer room.

DSC016542.jpg

I love these mugs!:love: I am thinking that one of them may need to come home with me on this trip.
DSC04134.jpg

I will end with something I thought was funny (and Disney related) that happened in my classroom today. The students were suppose to bring in a special keepsake. They showed the class and talked about why they brought that item in. I brought one of my Disney scrapbooks as my keepsake. The students loved looking at the pictures and pointing things out. "There is the Castle!" "There's Snow White!" Then one girl got really excited and she said "There is Mrs._____, and she has her purse!":laughing: I love first graders! They find so much joy in life, and the fact that seeing their teacher with her purse ranks up there with Cinderella's Castle just makes me smile!!:goodvibes

:woohoo: for 1 month! Let's do a little dance:dance3::banana::banana::cheer2::cheer2::yay::yay:party:

And I love those mugs too. I may just have to come home with the Peter Pan one.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter