Jedi, Princesses and Disney Geeks...Oh My!! The Sweet Sixteen go to Disney!6-11 New

I work for a bank, and it's wise to do it with your debit cards as well if you plan on using those. :thumbsup2

One week from today we will be heading to DTD. The youngest princesses in our group will be treated like royalty at BBB. We will do some shopping, have lunch and take it easy. That afternoon, the boys will be going to Disney Quest. We will probably head back to CBR to rest/swim. That night we will have dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Then if all goes well DH and I will get to go to MK with Bryan and Jen.:thumbsup2

I can't believe that we will be in Disney tomorrow!! One week from today, part of our group will be going on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. DH and I went on it last summer. So, we will be heading back to DHS to catch up on anything we missed. Bryan and the kids will also be coming along. They want to check out the Jedi Training since it might have been too crazy to do it on Sunday. That night we are heading to Ohana. We went here in 2007 and it was a great place to go with a large group. That night, we will decide if we want to go back to the resort and hang out or head to a park.

I haven't started packing yet so that is today's project.

Hello from Georgia! Since I was online for my classes I had to at least check in. ;)

We've been blessed with a good drive so far. We got out about an hour later than I wanted to, but we made good time. We stopped in KY for breakfast and then had lunch at a rest stop north of Atlanta. Will only asked once (at about 10:30) if we were "almost home" :rolleyes:, and other than a few restless periods did pretty well. Haley and Jack were real troopers, especially since they have little to no wiggle room (between the cooler and the port-a-crib, space is at a premium in the van!) Due to our delay, I think, we ran into some heavy traffic in Atlanta and it was stop and go for about an hour. But since that's the only issue we had with 10 hours of driving, I think we did ok! We were pleasantly surprised at our hotel room, which is a mini-suite with a fridge, microwave, and sitting area in a nice, clean, new building. So far, so good! Can't wait to get up and get started in the morning, but since DH and I are running on fumes (I think we might have combined for about seven hours of sleep last night), I'm heading to bed! Thanks for coming along as we got ready to go, everyone...talk to you soon!
Jen

I was glad to hear that Jen and Co. made it to Georgia safely. I know when I talked to Bryan, Will was VERY glad to be out of the van. DH and I have been packing. We are mostly done except for the items we will need in the morning. I watched the weather report for Orlando and we are in for a lot of heat. Although, it is summertime in Florida so that is to be expected. We can handle it. I think at this point everyone is just anxious to get there and have the vacation finally begin!!

You are getting to Disney today:woohoo: Have a great vacation! And one week from today I'll have my eye out for you in Crystal Palace!

My scrapbooking - Dis buddies popped into my head today!! :goodvibes I thought it was about time for you all to be heading that direction and you are already there soaking up all of that WONDERFUL DISNEY MAGIC!!! I'm so envious! I just bought our plane tickets this morning for our November Anniversary trip!! 140 days to go. I hope you all have a super time!! I will be watching for your reports!

We're BAAAACCCKKK!!!!

Though we're not thrilled to be home from Disney, we ARE thrilled to be out of the car! :drive: I know Tim and Shelley's flight got back safely, too. Leaving yesterday was really hard, especially since the heat kept us from doing many of the things we wanted to. However, we got to see and do so much, and have the pictures to prove it! I couldn't start to count how many pictures we took, and when we combined all our Photopass cards we had 241! So there will be plenty reporting to come. Right now I have to wrangle the two-year-old who is running around the house and glad to be out of his car seat into the tub and then into bed. He did, however, ask at dinner, "More Caribbean Beach?" :goodvibes

You'll be hearing from us soon!
Jen

welcome back, did you guys ever make it to GF for dinner thursday night, i never saw you walk in, we were seated right by the door so you might have seen us we were there till after 6

welcome back, did you guys ever make it to GF for dinner thursday night, i never saw you walk in, we were seated right by the door so you might have seen us we were there till after 6
We were there...but we didn't get seated until 7!! You probably walked out while we were waiting in the lobby, but we were dealing with lots of wet people (that was the day of the mini-monsoon) who were REALLY hungry and so were in all different states of grumpiness (and yes, I include myself in that!). It might be better that you didn't meet some of us...;) We did think about you after we got in, though. We're sorry we missed you!

Welcome Back!!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip. :goodvibes

Thanks! We need to think of a title and get the TR started....

We were there...but we didn't get seated until 7!! You probably walked out while we were waiting in the lobby, but we were dealing with lots of wet people (that was the day of the mini-monsoon) who were REALLY hungry and so were in all different states of grumpiness (and yes, I include myself in that!). It might be better that you didn't meet some of us...;) We did think about you after we got in, though. We're sorry we missed you!

thats okay i thought you guys might hvae gotten tied up cause of hte rain, it worked our perfect for us raining that day, cause parker got to relax in the camper that afternoon and get some rest from a long trip.

dinner was very good there, i liked all the food, of course every one of my plates was a mickey plate from the kid station but i didnt see a sign saying i could not use them.
:goodvibes

We have returned and we had a great time! We are glad to be back home though. We had quite a few adventures throughout the week. I am sure we will be able to share them in our new TR soon. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes.:goodvibes

That was quite an interesting evening for us. Like Jen said, we were some wet, hungry people. The food was good. Several people in our group said it was their favorite place of the week. We were sorry we missed you guys though. If you don't have plans for Labor Day weekend, you should think about coming to the Indy Dis meet. It is a lot of fun!

It's time to start the official TR, but before I do I had to share the way we ended our vacation.

Since Bryan had one of the least special Father's Days on record (he drove for 9 hours straight), we decided to take advantage of his last day off of work yesterday and head to the movies. We both laughed out loud when we pulled into the parking lot and saw this on the car facing ours...

P1000696.jpg

The kids didn't quite understand what we were laughing about, but we got a kick out of it.

And what did we see, you ask? Well, of course....

P1000697.jpg

(Yes, the marquee says Toy Story 3...I know it's hard to read...) It was AWESOME!!!! If you haven't seen it, you need to! We didn't see it in 3D, and we missed nothing. The story is amazing. We laughed out loud, and I bawled like a baby at the end. It was a wonderful way to end our vacation.

Now, Bryan is back at work, the kids are just waking up, and it's time to share our adventures. So....come join us for "More Fun Than Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock...The Adventures of the Sweet 16!" (Yes, we're fans of The Big Bang Theory...there's an explanation in the first post!). It can be found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2493744 Hope to see you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter