Jedi Academy - Tips & Highlights

Hi,

We're thinking of a trip to DisneyLand/Calif. Adventure for our first visit later this summer. We just came back from WDW and noticed the kids wait in a line and the first 14 or so kids get to do the training. This was different from last year in WDW when the Jedi Master picked kids from the crowd. DS was lucky enough to get picked since it was our first try(& of course tips used to increase your chances).

CamAnd......according to hulamom, the Jedi Master was still making selections as of a few days ago. :thumbsup2

We are all very much aware that the "Disney park in the swamp" ;).... will have kids stand in line if they want to battle the Darths. At this point, not at DL. But if i ever hear that the selection process has changed, i'll put it on the first page of this thread since it gets bumped up from time to time.

HulaMom......great pics & great story. :cool1: Thank you so much for sharing. Another enthusiastic young padewan with a sign is picked first. :yay:

Very few things in life are black & white.....but (imo):

- If you want to tour & use Fast Passes efficiently......read Hydroguy's rules & tip threads &...

- If you want to maximize the chance of getting your young Padewan picked to battle the Darths.....make a sign, have him hold it & have him/her jump up & down :yay:.

Aloha!

Just wanted to report that DS7 was chosen to train on Saturday 5/8! Our last visit about a 1 1/2 years ago, he just wanted to watch but not participate. This time, he really wanted to "take down Vader." I read up on this thread :-) because this was on the top of his list and I'd hate for him to not be chosen.

DD12 made a very colorful sign for him (taped 2 pieces of 8x10 plain white computer paper together and folded it up inside my bag so it passed security) that said, "PICK ME!! I *AM THE FORCE". He was also wearing a Star Wars T shirt.

We went for the 2:25 show on Saturday and arrived around 2:15. It was already pretty crowded in the front area. We found a spot for DS toward the center of the side closer to Space Mtn.

When the Jedi Master came in, DS held his sign above his head and jumped up and down. The master 1st chose from the other side (side near Nemo). When he came to our side, he chose DS first!! "The young man with the very colorful homemade sign"!!!

DS was really into it and got his chance to challenge Vader:

TommyVsDarth.jpg

DS slept with his certificate and wore a new "Jedi training academy" t-shirt to school today. He has not stopped talking about it.

Mahalo!

-- Hulamom

I just found this thread. My son got picked last month and had a blast. Every few days he'll say to me "Mommy, remember that time I battled Darth Vader and hit him in the head?" Words every mother longs to hear...:rotfl2:

All we did to get him picked is have him wear a Star Wars shirt and he and DH stood near the front and DH held him up. All joking aside, I really WAS proud of him because he was very brave and so stinkin' cute.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Does anyone know where I can purchase view my sons "battle"? He fought Darth Vader AND Darth Maul. When I left they gave me a card(not photopass) that I.... seem to have misplaced......:hippie: I've been routing around forever trying to find out who has the pictures.

They told me I had to check in at the photo center on Main Street and they could find my daughter and load the pictures on to a photopass card or I could get printouts. Are you still at the park? It's worth a shot.

What do the signs usually say? It's my triplets' 10th bday next week while we are there. Is "It's our 10th b'day!!!" enough (with them in matching shirts), or should it say more?

Thanks!

What do the signs usually say? It's my triplets' 10th bday next week while we are there. Is "It's our 10th b'day!!!" enough (with them in matching shirts), or should it say more?

Thanks!

How about something about "A triple threat" or something to that effect? :goodvibes

Totally worked! All 3 of my triplets were chosen.

:cool1:

:thumbsup2

Triplefigs.....give us a one paragraph recap.

What did they wear, what did their signs say & which of the evil Darths did they battle??

:hippie:

:cool1:

:thumbsup2

Triplefigs.....give us a one paragraph recap.

What did they wear, what did their signs say & which of the evil Darths did they battle??

:hippie:
they just had on Disney shorts and shirts (no Star Wars- didn't make it over there the day we had planned). Stood on the far right facing the stage. Signs were in bright color ink on standard printer paper. Said "it's OUR 10th birthday" with their name and a color pic of either Darth Vader, princess Leia, or Luke. They battled Darth Maul (sp?). It was great!!!

Thank you SO much for these tips. We arrived a little late (about 10:25) for the 10:30 show yesterday and my son was in the second/third row. He jumped up and down with his sign and was picked. Awesome!!!:cool1:

Just got back and the signs worked like a charm. There were a handful of kids with signs and they were all picked as was a child with his light saber.

Thanks again for the tips in this thread :)

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I did know they provided them I just know that my DS will want to buy one if he doesn't have his with him . . . and probably even if he does. He already has 3 yet he still asks if we can buy another. How many lightsabers does one kid need?

My DS is 6 he has 6 lightsabers...says when he turns 7 he will need another LOL
He only has 2 hands...

We are leaving for Disneyland on Christmas Day All my DS6 wants for christmas is a trip to Disneyland to go to the Jedi training academy.

Thanks to all who have posted here we have taken all advice given believe me this one moment could make or break how he feels about Disneyland forever. (this is his first trip)

Will come by this thread to let you know how it goes..Thanks again

Just have a sign even if it is a 8.5x11 sheet. The trick is getting the child to hold the sign....

Just have a sign even if it is a 8.5x11 sheet. The trick is getting the child to hold the sign....

The first time my son did Jedi training, he was too embarrassed to hold the sign. But I was standing behind him, holding it over his head while he jumped up and down. He got picked really quickly, and the Jedi called him the boy with the sign.

The next time we went, he begged me for a sign! :rotfl2:

We are leaving for Disneyland on Christmas Day All my DS6 wants for christmas is a trip to Disneyland to go to the Jedi training academy.

Thanks to all who have posted here we have taken all advice given believe me this one moment could make or break how he feels about Disneyland forever. (this is his first trip)

Will come by this thread to let you know how it goes..Thanks again

May the force be with your young Padewan. :thumbsup2

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter