January/February 2018 discounts, who else is in?

i got through with a cast member and unfortunately i wont be staying at WL because there was no discount but saved almost $2000 by switching to POR King room. That was our first choice anyways before we upgraded to WL

Wilderness Lodge is ONLY for Club level which upgrading to those prices completely negates my standard room rate. I could go to Villas for a semi close price but for those prices sleeping on a sleeper sofa is downgrade!

Yes only certain TAs book the exclusive discount. Google is your friend.

There was also a touring plans blog explaining how the agency exclusive deals work. Again, google.

*sigh* Live and learn I suppose. I always think I'm pretty skilled at Disney things, but there's always something to learn.

Is anyone getting SPD online?
I'm not

I booked the Fun-filled Escape Room only
Are you Canadian? Our deal appears to be called something different from our US friends.

Any one get pop? No rooms there according to cm.
I was able to get a discounted room-only reservation but then cancelled it once I modified my original reservation. The difference may be that I am Canadian and in the past they had different buckets of rooms for Canadians and US people. A couple of years ago I was able to book a FD offer after all of the rooms for US guests were gone so it does make a difference where you live as to what you see.

So far SPD is not showing up for Canadians to book. Not sure about calling in as I'm at work so cannot call the US.

I just needed one night. I called and CM booked me at POFQ. I repeatedly asked her if this was the best deal there. I got off the phone. It went live online and sure enough, standard available for $50 less. I modified online and now it's messed up with hotel credit. Back to call again. Ugh

Very disappointed, lost our trip because of Irma at the WL with a great discount and now there is no discount for the WL not even the 10% because I have a reservation already for standard room and no standard rooms are available and was not able to give me the discount through VISA, annual pass or public. CL is no discount and I dont want Bunk bed courtyard view for more money. Will have to keep trying maybe rooms will open up when people dont get discounts and cancel reservations.

Can we not book the park hopper with the deal?

You can book the park hopper with the deal. It can be confusing though if you have it set for a 5-day ticket. If you're selecting a 5-day ticket the only option that shows is a base ticket (apparently because part of the deal is to get a 6th day of tickets free or something). So make sure you're selecting either a 4-day or 6-day ticket to get the park hopper (but the 6-day ticket should be the same as what it would quote you for 5 days).

Super bummed! Been waiting months for this deal - and it sucks. Currently have 4 nights booked at WL standard room. For the room-only deal, I could upgrade to courtroom view for $300. I'm just going to keep our original reservation without a discount.

Looks like we'll keep our POR royal room reservation and get the 10% discount. We were hoping for a room at the Poly, but with only a 10% discount there, it's not worth it for us (need three rooms). I'm happy with POR.

Super bummed! Been waiting months for this deal - and it me sucks. Currently have 4 nights booked at WL standard room. For the room-only deal, I could upgrade to courtroom view for $300. I'm just going to keep our original reservation without a discount.

me too

Is SPD maxed at $500 off for the entire reservation?
No - Disney uses this save up to $XX language for some reason which is terribly misleading and not accurate. If you have a long enough stay with enough adults you can save way more than $500 if it works like it did in past years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter