January Disney Wonder Questions

briane

Mouseketeer
We are a family of three. Me (32), wife (31), and 9 month old infant daughter. We have cruised once before on Celebrity. The food, beauty (Alaska), excursions were awesome. The smoke and rude foreign tourists and small rooms were bad. I have some questions.

I heard the food is average. Are there a couple restaurants at WDW that would compare to give me a gauge.

How much are transfers from the airport. How difficult is the transfer process?

Would our 9 month old baby be ok going to dinner and shows with us. (Babysitting is out).

What time should we plan on arriving at the ship? What time should we seek a flight out of Orlando when we arrive?

We heard there is constant loud music. Is this true?

Is it worth $400 to upgrade to category 6 from 9?

I heard the food is average. Are there a couple restaurants at WDW that would compare to give me a gauge.

The food quality should be the same as Celebrity. The menus are on our site www.castawayclub.com. It's hard to compare it with WDW since only Palos cooks your food like a resturant, the other resturants serve 500 guests a seating.

How much are transfers from the airport. How difficult is the transfer process?
I believe it's $65 per person for the Disney transfers, and the transfer process is pretty smooth, but we have gotten spoiled using Happy Limo Towncar.

Would our 9 month old baby be ok going to dinner and shows with us. (Babysitting is out).
The shows are about 1 hour, and dinner is usually 2 hours. With the baby you would want early seating. So you would eat dinner than go to the show with about 15 minutes in between.

What time should we plan on arriving at the ship? What time should we seek a flight out of Orlando when we arrive?
Boarding usually starts around 12:30, the posted time is 1pm. You need to be on the ship by 4pm. It takes about an hour to get from the airport to the port. Given the extra security, I wouldn't book a return flight before noon.

We heard there is constant loud music. Is this true?
Only if your stateroom is under the nightclub, and it usally ends by 2am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter