January 5, 2013 Fantasy Cruise to the Western Caribbean

Has anyone been on the dream and had to deal with long lines when reboarding at the ports of call? On past cruises my family and I have noticed long lines for reboarding other ships such as Carnival, especially at Grand Cayman because of the tendering. Since the Dream and Fantasy are 40% larger than the Magic and Wonder I was wandering about crowds for reboarding. Disney is an expert is would seem in crowd control and making sure that their lines are moving but since you have to go through the metal detector, sanitize your hands, have your kttwc swiped I was just curious about how long the lines at port might be? :scratchin

We, Lynn and I, have been on the Dream twice. Never experienced any lines reboarding at any ports, including Castaway. Then again we do not wait to the last minute to reboard and that may be when lines may form. The process for boarding at the port has been improved so that the terminal is no longer crowded which was in violation of fire codes. A limited number of people are allowed in the terminal at 30 minute intervals. Once a group starts boarding then another group is allowed into the terminal. Your terminal entry and boarding time is chosen by you when you have completed your on-line cruise check-in. Hope this helps.

Chris

Hi all!

How is everyone's spring going so far? We just bought a new house, so we are about to become busy with moving......what a nice way to pass the time, hunh? ;)

TO Coloradodumbo.......Did you happen to get my PM? Where abouts in Colorado Springs are you located? We happen to reside there as well.... Small world! ;)

Shannon

Hi all!

How is everyone's spring going so far? We just bought a new house, so we are about to become busy with moving......what a nice way to pass the time, hunh? ;)

TO Coloradodumbo.......Did you happen to get my PM? Where abouts in Colorado Springs are you located? We happen to reside there as well.... Small world! ;)

Shannon

Nope no PM appeared on my account so who knows what happened there.? We live in Briargate. Hope the move is going smoothly, the rain this weekend won't help much. ;) 118 days until we can start online check in!

Oh wow.....I know exactly where Briargate is ;) We live near Dublin and Austin Bluffs now, but our new house is close to Woodmen, off Austin Bluffs.

Has anyone given any thought to a meet and greet yet? We decided not to participate in the FE gift exchange, but would love to meet and greet everyone!

Has anyone thought about excursions yet? since we have only done Western cruises, we have done just about all the excursions, so we have decided to just do the dolphin swim in Cozumel and we always always always do parasailing at Castaway Cay.....its our favorite!!

It's cloudy and cold here in Colorado Springs today ugh! How about in everyone else's part of the world?

Shannon

Since some of the previous posts talk about the fish extenders I thought I would volunteer to start the FE thread. I have never done the FE's before just as a warning. If nobody has any objections I will start the thread and post the link on here.

Since some of the previous posts talk about the fish extenders I thought I would volunteer to start the FE thread. I have never done the FE's before just as a warning. If nobody has any objections I will start the thread and post the link on here.

Thanks! :thumbsup2

There is an FE thread on Facebook that might help you with ideas. :surfweb:

Thanks! :thumbsup2

There is an FE thread on Facebook that might help you with ideas. :surfweb:

I looked at the March 16 Fantasy cruise since they have a link to their FE group. I think that they have made an excellent outline of how to start a FE thread. They ask for DisBoard name, cabin number if you know it, first names, ages, and gender is you are comfortable giving out that information, and any celebrations that you are celebrating on the cruise. They also give examples of what to do if you don't want to give your real name, they say to put gender and age so it would be male, 12. Is there anything they are missing?

Thanks! My family would like to participate once you get it started!!

Here is one thought I had:

Cruise-2013-Shapes-1.jpg

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Did anybody else see the news article about archaeologists discovering new writings in a newly discovered dig site? The article talked about how the Mayans didn't say the world was coming to an end but that it was the end of a cycle and that a new cycle would be starting. So sorry to any doomsday prepers it looks like the earth will just be starting a new cycle. I thought about coachs design saying the Mayans were wrong after that news story.

Just checking in. :surfweb:

Our DS and DDIL ARE ON THE Magic this week. :sad1: Sad only because we couldn't go too!

Yes I am in favor of the rework. And thank you to Brackjr for the assistance. Is anyone in objection to using the reworked design for our shirts?

I will be posting a link some time in August to purchase your shirts. I want to have them all done and shipped prior to November, so you can pack them well in advance.

Did anybody else see the news article about archaeologists discovering new writings in a newly discovered dig site? The article talked about how the Mayans didn't say the world was coming to an end but that it was the end of a cycle and that a new cycle would be starting. So sorry to any doomsday prepers it looks like the earth will just be starting a new cycle. I thought about coachs design saying the Mayans were wrong after that news story.

I think you should out the saying you have on the front ("We are here, so the calendar must have been wrong") On the back in big letters along with the persons last name on top like a jersey :cool1:
I love designing things like clothes and such, so if u need any help i would love to help :)

Always love odd encounters .... having lunch at First Watch today and our waiter's girl friend works on the Disney Dream. :hug: She was onboard during our cruise in February and we recognized her from his photo. :goodvibes

Yes I am in favor of the rework. And thank you to Brackjr for the assistance. Is anyone in objection to using the reworked design for our shirts?

I will be posting a link some time in August to purchase your shirts. I want to have them all done and shipped prior to November, so you can pack them well in advance.

Sorry for being gone so long. Just getting caught up on this thread. I also read that further Mayan digs discovered what seems to be refrences to cycle end and start instead of the end of the world. In light of this how about removing the reference to being here thus the calender must have been wrong, and in its place list the ports we will be visiting: Casamel, Costa Maya, Grand Caymen, and Castaway Cay. I tried to think of something relating to cycles but could not, thus the ports of call idea. Either way, Lynn and I are a go even if we stay with the rework.

Chris

Hi there! How is everyone's summer going so far? We are having record breaking heat as well as raging wildfires here in Colorado Springs! :eek

We are fast approaching the "only 6 months to go" timeframe......yay!!:cool1:
Has anyone given any thought to a meet and greet? Time, place, theme?
We are planning a meet and greet for our Halloween 2013 cruise and everyone has agreed to bring a candy from their state to keep in the trick-or-treat frame of mind haha Maybe we could come up with something similar that goes along with a January cruise? :confused3

How about tshirt progress? Have we decided a final design? We are getting more excited as each day passes and are ready to start making plans, plans, plans!!

Shannon

Hi there! How is everyone's summer going so far? We are having record breaking heat as well as raging wildfires here in Colorado Springs! :eek

We are fast approaching the "only 6 months to go" timeframe......yay!!:cool1:
Has anyone given any thought to a meet and greet? Time, place, theme?
We are planning a meet and greet for our Halloween 2013 cruise and everyone has agreed to bring a candy from their state to keep in the trick-or-treat frame of mind haha Maybe we could come up with something similar that goes along with a January cruise? :confused3

How about tshirt progress? Have we decided a final design? We are getting more excited as each day passes and are ready to start making plans, plans, plans!!

Shannon

Tampa Bay is still experiencing TS Debbie. :headache::woohoo: Which is good and bad ..... lots of flooding but our ponds are finally full.

We are up for any meet; including any before the cruise. Maybe some are coming to WDW sometime before the cruise. :confused3 We had a cruise meet one year in Pennsylvania. :thumbsup2

Hello all...so excited I just found this. There will either 9 or 10 of us...think 23 yo DS and his girl are done.:confused3 The party includes myself, DH, our 5 children--DS 23 , DD 22, DS 19, DS 17, DS GF, DD 15 and a friend of the family who came with us on our last cruise in January. :rainbow:

Just saw something on another thread about the Champagne girls. I will read through this whole thread later to see if I can find out if any of you are doing this. :goodvibes Only 190 daus left, but who is counting!? :banana:

We are up for any meet; including any before the cruise. Maybe some are coming to WDW sometime before the cruise. :confused3 We had a cruise meet one year in Pennsylvania. :thumbsup2

We will be at WDW Dec 28-Jan 4 where we will then head out for MCO to pick up 3 of this kids and onto Port Canaveral for an overnight and then onto the Fantasy! :thumbsup2

We will be at WDW Dec 28-Jan 4 where we will then head out for MCO to pick up 3 of this kids and onto Port Canaveral for an overnight and then onto the Fantasy! :thumbsup2

We've been talking about staying at a DVC resort those days too. I just have to hammer out the details. :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter