• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 29 to February 2. 2006 Wonder roll call

NewyorkOT said:
We are so excited to just be getting out of this cold weather!!! We are so excited we are already packed!! Well, not quite. Do you think it will be warm enough to wear shorts? I am not sure what clothes to pack because of the weather. What is everyone else doing?

I don't know what to pack either. I am watching the weather right up to the last minute though!! So far, I have all of our swimming suits and coverups (thinking positive!) :rotfl: as well as shorts for three days. I am thinking that our day at sea, CC and Nassau will be warm enough? :cheer2: I am also packing a few pairs of jeans for each of us and some capris. We have our pirate costumes ready to go! pirate: And for the other dinners, I have mostly slacks and blouses for myself and kahki type pants and button downs or polos for DH. I figure that if it's cold, I will just throw in a load and rewash our jeans. I am also bringing light jackets and sweatshirts for all of us.

Sound good? :rolleyes:

Yeah we are all getting excited. The kids have been since they got told in August. The adults are just now getting excited about it all. I think once the hassle of packing and getting there is over. Then we will really get excited.

I took my mother on a RCCL cruise in 2001. We had to sadly watch as the Wonder sailed past us. If she could have figured out how to jump over she would have. She was like a kid. :rotfl2: I can't wait to see everyones face when we top the hill of that bridge and they see the ship for the first time.

This will be my 3rd Winter Nassau cruise. Both times we had shorts and tank tops with a light jackets for the islands. It was very breezy with the wind coming in off of the ocean. So if your quick to chill then be ready for it. No swim suits for me. I don't know about the pools, but the ocean water is turn your lips blue cold!!!

Layering is the best.

I checked the weather in Nassau and it is 77degrees!!! That is nice shorts weather to me. Orlando is warm too. I think it is 70. My kids won't care if the water is cold. They are both fish. They love the water and the pool. We are leaving next Friday night to go to Disney. We are so excited. I will be watching the weather all week too.

NewyorkOT said:
I checked the weather in Nassau and it is 77degrees!!! That is nice shorts weather to me. Orlando is warm too. I think it is 70. My kids won't care if the water is cold. They are both fish. They love the water and the pool. We are leaving next Friday night to go to Disney. We are so excited. I will be watching the weather all week too.

Yeah! I hope that weather holds! I know the ocean water will be cold but the kids will want to make sand castles and play on the beach. Is the water in the pool on board heated like at the resorts??

When the temp drops below 75 degrees they will heat up the pools.

Does anyone know what movie or movies are playing on the Wonder for our trip? Do we just find out when we board? Is anyone staying on the ship when we go into Nassau? Who else will be trying to change their dining reservation once they board?

Is anyone going to Disney the day before we get on the ship? We are scheduled for a Wishes cruise through the Magic Kingdom. Would anyone be interested in sharing it? I think they let 10 to 11 people on. We have room for 2 or 3 I can call and ask how many we can fit on.

NewyorkOT said:
Is anyone going to Disney the day before we get on the ship? We are scheduled for a Wishes cruise through the Magic Kingdom. Would anyone be interested in sharing it? I think they let 10 to 11 people on. We have room for 2 or 3 I can call and ask how many we can fit on.

I would love to share a Wishes cruise! I have always wanted to go on one. DH and I are staying at ASMU the night before the cruise (28th). If you still have room please let me know! :) I sent you a PM!

NewyorkOT said:
Does anyone know what movie or movies are playing on the Wonder for our trip? Do we just find out when we board? Is anyone staying on the ship when we go into Nassau? Who else will be trying to change their dining reservation once they board?

The movies that will be playing are "Chicken Little", "Herbie Fully Loaded", "Narina", "The Incredables", and one more but I forgot the name.

I haven't decided about the ship yet. I know it's our formal night (which I hate!) I've been to Nassau many times and there is nothing really I want to go see or do there. I might wonder around the straw market later in the evening before they close. (better prices that way). I also have a day pass to Sandals Royal Bahamian Resort. So I might go check that out. But right now I'm plannig to stay on the boat.

NewyorkOT said:

We are probably only going to do the Straw Market and the Pirate Museum so we will be on the ship - hopefully hanging out by the pool! We don't want to do Atlantis for the aquarium as we have season passes to the new Atlanta Aquarium and we can't see paying full price for 5 just to do the pool/beach area. It's just not worth the money to us. I also asked about the glass bottom boat trip but was told it's not all that great either. The only other options were to take a taxi to a public beach but DH doesn't want to venture out to do with with three little ones. I wish they had the fishing excursion in Nassau instead of CC!!

People crusing this week are so lucky - highs of low 80's/high 70's. The temps keep dropping by the weeks end though and by the time we ruturn to Cape Canaveral, the projected high is only 62 w/a low of 41. Here in Georgia, we have highs around 58 right now with lows in the 38 - 42 degree range and while it's nothing compared to the cold weather you northerners have to deal with, it's not all that warm either. I'm hoping a warm front moves in quickly!!! :p

Yeah but they still have the humidity down there. So that has to be factored in. I'm more worried about the rain that they have forecasted for the time we are down there. :sad2:

Amlee said:
Yeah but they still have the humidity down there. So that has to be factored in. I'm more worried about the rain that they have forecasted for the time we are down there. :sad2:

I saw that as well. :guilty:

We had a record high of 53 on Friday! I don't want that. I want it to be freezing when I leave. I want to be warm on the ship and know that everyone else up here is not!!!! :cool1: Have you checked the weather forecast for our week? I thought I might look in a couple days and see what it has in store for us.

:cool1: Today they have taken the rain out of the forecast for Nassau for the 30th and 31st. :banana: Right now it's suppose to be partly cloudy and 78 degrees. :sunny: Monday has 0% rain. Lets hope it stays that way!!!!

Last year I was down there the first of Feb and it rained like summer rain. Just for a few minutes and then the sun would pop out. With the temps in the high 70s low 80s. It was funny because we were all in tanks and shorts, while the locals looked dressed for a winter storm.

The weather forecast changes so often when trying to predict that far in advance. I am just hoping for a nice trip. We are tying to pack at our house. If I pack all the suggested items that I have seen posted here there will not be any room for our clothes. We are trying to only pack two large and two small suitcases. From what I have read lately people wear mostly there swimsuites on board and evening clothing for dinner. I wanted to pack some princess outfits for my daughter to wear to dinner on the ship. Our pirate stuff takes up a lot of room also.

NewyorkOT said:
The weather forecast changes so often when trying to predict that far in advance. I am just hoping for a nice trip. We are tying to pack at our house. If I pack all the suggested items that I have seen posted here there will not be any room for our clothes. We are trying to only pack two large and two small suitcases. From what I have read lately people wear mostly there swimsuites on board and evening clothing for dinner. I wanted to pack some princess outfits for my daughter to wear to dinner on the ship. Our pirate stuff takes up a lot of room also.

I know exactly what you mean about the packing - we're only two people and we're having a hard time! We have one whole small suitcase with nothing but shoes in it! I don't know where we are going to put everything! Thank goodness we are driving! Does anyone know for sure if you have to have a DCL luggage tag on your carry-on bag? I hope not because I think we need all four of ours for our "checked" luggage!

Oh well, I'd rather be complaining about having to pack all of this stuff rather than not having anything to pack for!!! :)

We are within the 7 day forecast now. So I'm hoping it's more accurate since we are in that time frame.

I know what yall both mean about packing. I have all that i'm going to take in a 28 inch pull tote. But the one thing I have learned (The hard way!) is when you try to pack everything in one or two bags. You then get over the weight limit allowed per bag. (never figured out the difference between having one bag that weights 100 lbs vs two bag that weight 50 lbs each) But the airline seems to think there is about $75 dollar difference. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter