January 2021 W.I.S.H. - New Year, New Goals

MY WooHoos for today

DH was able to find boxes for the items that needed to be returned to Amazon due to not fitting in the case of a gift for from my mom and dad for 15 year old and being damaged in the case of a gift we got for 13 year old. He got them packed up and ready to go before taking them with him to drop them off at UPS which is less than half a mile out of his way round trip going into work.

I’m thankful for my husband & daughter making dinner and cleaning up afterwards.

I’m thankful my kids can now drive themselves to work and my son can drive himself to basketball. Frees up my schedule (although I’m also missing being needed for those things, a little)

I’m thankful my daughter wanted to play cards with me last night.

I’m thankful for this group and my Beachbody fitness group to keep me on track with my goals.

Feeling a little down this morning, with everything going on yesterday, but still thankful for -

a sunny morning

funny things kids say

and an amazing stroke of small luck this morning - I noticed just in time that the cat was about to hack up a hairball, and saved my phone from the path of destruction

I am thankful for working for a great company. We got small raises this year because they were afraid of funding being pulled due to the pandemic. We are a non profit. Right before Christmas work told us that they were sending everyone a $50 gift card and then last week I got a bonus. It was a complete shock when I saw an extra check deposited and had to do some research. Today I found out I am getting a raise to equal what a normal raise would be. We are doing well and funds have not been pulled like they thought might happen.

Though today, other then this, has been a bit rough. Tensions are high right now in my house between DH and me. It will pass. It steams from the stuff that happened yesterday and the two of us not seeing eye to eye on everything political. He does not agree with what happened yesterday it is other political stuff.

He is also getting aggravated with my personality of seeing the good in everything. He tends to see the bad in everything. He mentioned something about the vaccine this morning and I said maybe the side affect was due to an underlining condition and that was enough to set him off and we haven't really been in the same room since. We went for a walk together but it was a pretty quiet walk. I think we really need some time apart for each other. Not like a separation. Just doing separate activities. We have been linked at the hip since March with very few times that we have been apart. I can't wait until we can get back to normal.

I did hear from work today that there is a possibility I might be able to get the vaccine with the teachers. Since we also work with students, about half of my company work in the high schools around the area, work is trying to get us the vaccine with the teachers. We may not be able to or it just might be the staff in the schools (this is not me) but it is hope that I might be able to get it sooner then later.

I am hoping for a much better day tomorrow.

I am thankful for working for a great company. We got small raises this year because they were afraid of funding being pulled due to the pandemic. We are a non profit. Right before Christmas work told us that they were sending everyone a $50 gift card and then last week I got a bonus. It was a complete shock when I saw an extra check deposited and had to do some research. Today I found out I am getting a raise to equal what a normal raise would be. We are doing well and funds have not been pulled like they thought might happen.

Though today, other then this, has been a bit rough. Tensions are high right now in my house between DH and me. It will pass. It steams from the stuff that happened yesterday and the two of us not seeing eye to eye on everything political. He does not agree with what happened yesterday it is other political stuff.

He is also getting aggravated with my personality of seeing the good in everything. He tends to see the bad in everything. He mentioned something about the vaccine this morning and I said maybe the side affect was due to an underlining condition and that was enough to set him off and we haven't really been in the same room since. We went for a walk together but it was a pretty quiet walk. I think we really need some time apart for each other. Not like a separation. Just doing separate activities. We have been linked at the hip since March with very few times that we have been apart. I can't wait until we can get back to normal.

I did hear from work today that there is a possibility I might be able to get the vaccine with the teachers. Since we also work with students, about half of my company work in the high schools around the area, work is trying to get us the vaccine with the teachers. We may not be able to or it just might be the staff in the schools (this is not me) but it is hope that I might be able to get it sooner then later.

I am hoping for a much better day tomorrow.
:hug:

Wish friends, I might be away from our thread for a few days. I know we do not (and should not) bring anything political to our discussions, but I am shaken and depressed by recent events. I’m going to turn off the tv, social media and even conversations with like minded friends until I get back on track mentally.

Also processing a lot of things, so will have to dig deep for thankfuls. How about...

... no rain today and a couple breaks of actual sunshine.
... with the month+ long headache, I've been very forgetful and only willing to mentally skim the top of things, not having the mental strength to dig in. I know I need to do some brain exercising to get back in shape. My Boss was telling me she just signed up for Master Class and I poked around and feel like it is what I need to stretch those mental muscles, so I'll also be signing up. So I'm thankful to get information I need at the time I need it.

... I posted a comment to a Story the author of 'Wintering' made in her IG account and she 'liked' it... a lovely warm fuzzy connection.

No doubt this is a tough day.

Teaching young children really helps to maintain hope and optimism. They started off my day with silly jokes. This morning's was from Santiago: "Why did the cow cross the road? Because he wanted to MOOOOOVE!" It made me laugh because he was so proud to tell me a joke, and the smile on his face was everything.

So. I'm thankful for my students. I'm thankful that I have 3 more days before I have to be with them in a classroom. I'm thankful that my immediate family and I have been able to avoid Covid so far, and I pray that we never get it. I'm thankful that I'm in the next group for the vaccine even though it may take longer than expected to get it. Heck, I'm just thankful that we have effective vaccines at all. I'm thankful for my faith. I'm thankful that I know deep inside that everything...and I mean EVERYTHING...will get better.

It is darkest before the dawn...

I am Thankful for my beloved husband who celebrated his 50th birthday today. I am Thankful for rain today as we despirately need it to get out of the moderate drought we are in and prevent going into a more severe drought phase. I am thankful that the packages that arrived today were not ruined in the rain in spite of the shipping company delivery driver not making sure they were properly covered in plastic. While the boxes and and padded envelope were wet no items were damaged.

Dh and I are doing better today. We had a talk last night and that helped a lot. Still don't agree on things but that is ok. I have stayed away for the most part from the watching or talking about the events with him. I have been watching on my computer with my headphones one during the day. I don't feel as stressed today.

@sjrec -- I completely understand. Hugs to you :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter