January 2020 Discounts

I’m on the west coast too. I’ve been setting my alarm the last 2 days for 3:50am. I don’t even get out of bed. Went back to sleep as soon as I saw people posting that they had called and were told no discount. Tomorrow is day 3 and hopefully third times the charm. I’m getting tired waking up so early.
Well...discounts dropped...that was disappointing.

I called this morning and the CM said sorry nothing for my dates..all day at work I was really bummed..I could not believe ..come on Disney how many rooms are you giving out with discounts. Still very upset when I got home went to the Disneys web site and they had availability at the Boardwalk Villas so I switched from the Boardwalk Inn to the Villas saved $422.... Game over!

Question for you since I’m not quite getting it!
So I totally get the party line of limited number of rooms per discount etc etc
So when I plugged our dates in for the poly (this was early, before 7am) there was nothing just rack
But if I extended our stay by a night suddenly the discount was there for all the nights
Any insight? Am I missing something as to why the discount is there just by adding a date on (not changing check in date to fall within range since it already did)
Thanks for any help!
May I ask what room type/view you had? Or how many days? I wasn’t getting anything but rack with a standard view and six nights but when I switched to the villas was able to save with a studio. I looked an hour ago and nothing at all for Poly but GF and CR had rooms available still. The savings off GF was over double CR.

so we are at Movies Jan 28-31... (same amount of days as you) and it does not offer me discount option at all. We are in standard rooms, does that usually matter? It tells me there is no availability for those dates. I find it hard to believe there is "no availability" since your dates are one day before mine.
Hmm, I wouldn’t have thought being in a preferred room would matter that much. Maybe give Disney a call to ask about the discount.

Been following along with this thread for a few months while waiting on discounts. Our dates are Jan 27-31. I’ve had my eye on a POP standard room, it has been $135 rack rate. Not bad, but I usually wait for the discounts to drop before I book. So this morning the rack rate price actually went up to $139 and there are no discounts at all at POP for our dates? The room I want is more now after the discounts drop. Darn.

When I search for 3 nights I get no available but when I add a night there is available. Can I book the 4 nights and the modify the reservation and still get the discounted rate?

May I ask what room type/view you had? Or how many days? I wasn’t getting anything but rack with a standard view and six nights but when I switched to the villas was able to save with a studio. I looked an hour ago and nothing at all for Poly but GF and CR had rooms available still. The savings off GF was over double CR.
When I was looking earlier it was either lagoon view as well as standard view studio. Jan 1-5 is when we are traveling but the 2nd -6th has the availability for discount. Not sure if it’s still there..:
I ended up booking rack rate and will keep looking

Booked Pop Century this morning at 930AM Pacific Time (thank you to this thread for the heads up).

We booked a standard room with 6-day park hoppers 1/22-1/29, 2 adults. When I priced this on 9/30 the total was: $2275.44. This morning: $2156.14 for a savings of $119.30 not including the (2) $30 gift cards. Plus we always refuse housekeeping which is our preference, the resulting gift card is a bonus and covers a day of food for us.

I didn’t see anyone else mention this but when I was checking out I clicked on Offer Details for the Gift of Magic Room Offer and it said my package (Package Inclusions) includes 4 vouchers for mini-golf which we would most definitely use if they are free. Plus a handful of Disney Springs food & shopping discounts like 10% off Earl of Sandwich. We always eat at Earl at least twice every trip and since we don’t have an Annual Pass this time around that offer will save us a couple more bucks.

I was at work today when the discounts dropped. I texted with my TA, who was on the computer and phone trying to get the discounts for all of us booked during the promo dates. She couldn't get any discount for me, POP from 1/25 to 2/1. I kept checking online at about 1:30pm and zero availability for gift of magic promo. The only discount I could make come up was kid's free dining, and that was only when I added an extra night to my 7 night reservation (we were already thinking of making it an 8 night reservation, but hadn't pulled the trigger). No promo at all when we looked at keeping it at the original 7 nights!!
We ended up extending our trip to 8 nights, got the kid's free dining promo (we have one child, age 9) with a savings of approximately $200 when you take the extra night and extra dining credits into account. All I can say is that today was nuts! I hope everyone got something good today! If not, I think just keep checking because it seemed that things randomly opened up as I kept checking...I think lots of people changing their reservations.

Been following along with this thread for a few months while waiting on discounts. Our dates are Jan 27-31. I’ve had my eye on a POP standard room, it has been $135 rack rate. Not bad, but I usually wait for the discounts to drop before I book. So this morning the rack rate price actually went up to $139 and there are no discounts at all at POP for our dates? The room I want is more now after the discounts drop. Darn.
If you haven't checked again you should. I just checked my dates of Jan 25-Feb 1 and there was still availability, so out of curiosity I checked yours and they are still available at $118 nightly.

I called in this morning to check and make sure that the Gift of Magic discount was best for me and that I wasn't further ahead with the Kids Free Dining. I was told that the kids dining promotion was only for value resorts, and we are at CBR, so we had the best deal going.

I asked directly if the Stay, Play and Dine deal would be offered this year, since it comes out every year around this time, and was told "Possibly". So that's better than a hard "All discounts for that timeframe have been released".

I've been out of town and just reading (well, actually last night was when I checked in) and can't believe all this "they're on, they're off" discounts! What in the world is going on?? I've been waiting to see what the AP discounts would look like, but had trouble last night getting things to jibe on the site.
I'm gonna try again this morning, so if anybody has any tips for success, please share!

I tried to pull up passholder discount this morning and no rooms at any hotels available...smh.
I called yesterday and was told they were doing a "magical update" , so they couldn't help me, that was at 3pm.
I have a Coronado tower room booked for January at rack rate, want to switch to discount now.
I will keep checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter