January 2014 discount watch!!

Leannea, I am in the same boat. We are booked at PORFQ at the end of Jan. I will wait until discounts are released before I switch resorts but I am not sure where I will switch to yet. We love PORFQ and I am sure Riverside is great too but it is so big...so the benefit for us staying in a moderate was having a smaller resort. I really hope that we get the discount for PORFQ! Geez, losing FD was bad enough! LOL

I wouldn't make any changes until the offer comes out. Nothing for 2014 has been posted. These are going off 2013 offers. Exclusions and inclusions aren't set in stone yet. You're going to have to call to apply the discount anyway. Might as well wait and either use that same call to add it or change resorts.

Thank you for the feedback....trying to hold steady. LOL

Leannea, I am in the same boat. We are booked at PORFQ at the end of Jan. I will wait until discounts are released before I switch resorts but I am not sure where I will switch to yet. We love PORFQ and I am sure Riverside is great too but it is so big...so the benefit for us staying in a moderate was having a smaller resort. I really hope that we get the discount for PORFQ! Geez, losing FD was bad enough! LOL

Last year I booked a value and upgraded to Caribbean and saved 600. I initially wanted RS but it wasnt available. Thus I thought this time I would book what we really want and then just call for the discount. Fingers crossed!

Pretty please?

being the OCD type, I did a spreadsheet and figured it all out, every possible way.

We are staying at BWV, 5 adults, one toddler. Free dining would save us the most;

a 35% room only discount comes in a very close second and would likely save us more because if we pay for food as we go, I doubt we'd spend as much as the dining plan costs.

S/P/D would cost us $300 more than a room only discount.

A discount that requires purchasing tickets would likely really mess us up IF the effective date is January 5, as has been suggested here on the boards. We'd have to split our reservation into two, therefore we'd have to buy 2 sets of tickets, so there goes our savings.

So possibly, the room only deal would be the absolute best we could hope for.

We're looking at about $2,000 savings, give or take a few hundred, so needless to say, I'm sitting on the edge of my chair for the next few weeks!

ok so i just made a reservation for jan 23-28 2014 with a military discount... would it be worth it for me to look into changing my rate to a reg rate room for the potential discount (if it were to happen!)

I would definitely wait to see the resorts that are/aren't included without trying to make predictions and drive yourself crazy. Yes, POFQ is sometimes not included. Refurbs of /construction at hotels will change the discounts, too, and that changes regularly so one year can't predict the next for exclusions. I would do the math (RO versus S/P/D) on a few resorts you might want/be okay with to get an idea, but wait until it comes out to decide. Maybe we'll all be surprised!

psttt hello don´t tell anybody that you have seen me, the next offer will be room only and you can book from October 8 to stay from January 5 to April 12 the discount will be around the same of the last year room offer for that period ok? I wish all of You a Magical life pixiedust:

psttt hello don´t tell anybody that you have seen me, the next offer will be room only and you can book from October 8 to stay from January 5 to April 12 the discount will be around the same of the last year room offer for that period ok? I wish all of You a Magical life pixiedust:

so no s/p/d discount?

Thanks, that's a huge help.

What? I didn't see nuthin!

Thanks.

Don't forget that the P/S/D that will be out for the same time frame.
I was going to book our stay under the Friends & Family discount but my family member advised to wait til P/S/D is released as that would save us more then the F&F discount would.

Don't forget that the P/S/D that will be out for the same time frame.
I was going to book our stay under the Friends & Family discount but my family member advised to wait til P/S/D is released as that would save us more then the F&F discount would.

There is no P/S/D next year.

It will be similar to this..

Save 35% at
Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
Boardwalk Inn
Polynesian
Grand Floridian
Animal Kingdom Lodge (standard and pool views only), Saratoga Springs
Old Key West
Boardwalk Villas
Beach Club Villas
Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower Villas.

Save 30% at
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort Cabins

Save 25% at Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort, Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, Disney’s All-Star Music Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and the Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge

Save 15% at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort (Family Suite Rooms)

Soo... If a RO comes out ... instead of a SPD like was rumored originally ... I would have to calculate my final total by pricing each part of vacation separately; right? Will moving my reservation from a package to component parts impact my ADRs? If, as WDW does do sometimes, a RO & SPD comes out how do I know which us beat deal - will the WDW travel agent run the numbers? Can I get the DDP with the RO offer since it busts up the package?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards ... 09/2010 CBR Pirate Room ; 11/2012 POR Royal Room ; Early 2014 CS in planning process'

Soo... If a RO comes out ... instead of a SPD like was rumored originally ... I would have to calculate my final total by pricing each part of vacation separately; right? Will moving my reservation from a package to component parts impact my ADRs? If, as WDW does do sometimes, a RO & SPD comes out how do I know which us beat deal - will the WDW travel agent run the numbers? Can I get the DDP with the RO offer since it busts up the package?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards ... 09/2010 CBR Pirate Room ; 11/2012 POR Royal Room ; Early 2014 CS in planning process'

Promo's that will be released Oct 8th will be basically the same as last years. This is the Sell sheet from 2013. IT will be both RO and P/S/D
These are the dates...January 5, 2014 to March 2, 2014
March 16, 2014 to April 12, 2014...black out dates apply inbetween those dates
2qsc6qe.png

I hope that there is a SPD offer, if not does anyone know if you can book with a RO discount and also add the Quick Service dining plan at regular price while staying at a moderate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter