January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part I !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
January Snowbirds! :cool1:

Towers5 ~ Dec 28-Jan 9 ???
Maplemouse ~ Jan 1-5 ???
Tink1978 ~ Jan 1-7 POFQ
Ehm1129 ~ Jan 5-16 ASMo
Kaos928 ~ Jan 6-12 POP
Kiteri ~ Jan 16-24 FW
Sixisenough ~ Jan 17-24 AKL
Jenkh ~ Jan 17-31 BWV/AKV
Splashmtncrew ~ Jan 18-24 WL
Momof2disneyboys ~ Jan 21-27 ASMo
Trixiequilts ~ Jan 21-28 AKL
Remmy ~ Jan 25-Feb 7 POP
Cinderellamom123 ~ Jan ???
Tinkerbelluk ~ Jan ???

Where are all the January Snowbirds today??? :confused3

If this helps with starting to make your plans. . . These were the hours for the end of January 2008:

MK 9-8 Sun-Fri / 9-7 Sat / EMH Sun & Thur / Dreams Parade 3:00 Daily / Spectro 7:00 3 Nights a week (don't have written down which ones) / Wishes 8:00 Sun-Fri & 7:00 Sat
Epcot 9-9 Daily / EMH Tue & Fri / IllumiNations 9:00 Daily
DHS 9-7 Daily / EMH Mon & Sat / Parade 3:00 Daily / Fantasmic 7:00 Daily & 8:30 also on EMH days
AK 9-5 Daily / EMH Mon & Wed / Jammin Jungle Parade 4:00 Daily

This is what I'm basing my plans on for now. I like to avoid EMH's if I can since those are the busiest days for each park. But who knows what we are going to end up with next year! Waiting for October to make plans is TOO long!!

HI. I will be traveling with some of my family and staying at All-Stars Music from January 3rd to January 11th. My DSIL and I are running in the 1/2 marathon-our 1st time running-we'll see how it all goes ;) Yesterday we made our ADR's and even though it took awhile, we got all the restaurants we wanted :woohoo: I was wondering, is the January weather too cold for the water parks? And do any of you know if there will be any Pirates and Princess Party in January? or when the dates for that will be posted?

I'm here today :banana:
What is this about changing ADR's to 90 days instead of 180??? :eek:
My DH hates having to book room ressies with the one night deposit of peak season b/c the rates for 2009 aren't out yet! DH believes that if he's promising WDW that we will be there on certain dates then WDW should honor the price of room at the current year's rates....not make people pay more when WDW finally gets around to updating their systems. DH also believes that if you can book ADR's 180 days in advance then the WDW website should always be able to book rooms/adr's 180 days in advance.

My...where did all that come from? :lmao: Must have needed to do a little Disney venting :)

Let's get some snowbird opinions on something....DH plans on staying at WL club level. However DS and I were hoping to stay at a different resort. We had DH convinced of CSR until he found out that the only transportation they have is by bus and that mod's don't have any signature dining....well, since then we've decided to do the ddp and not do any signature restaurants or character meals at other resorts, we are planning to have the club level snacks and etc. and the ddp. DH says that by going to WL and staying cl we are doing something different. Here's the question: should DS and I try to change DH's mind about going to CSR or should we say nothing and go club level at WL?

BTW....I LOVE the thought of WL club level...I'm not complaining at all :thumbsup2

HI. I will be traveling with some of my family and staying at All-Stars Music from January 3rd to January 11th. My DSIL and I are running in the 1/2 marathon-our 1st time running-we'll see how it all goes ;) Yesterday we made our ADR's and even though it took awhile, we got all the restaurants we wanted :woohoo: I was wondering, is the January weather too cold for the water parks? And do any of you know if there will be any Pirates and Princess Party in January? or when the dates for that will be posted?

We went to a water park this Jan and it was COLD...we won't be doing that this time, everyone came home very sick :sick: As far a P&PP :confused3 We went to the P&PP that was on MLK day this year. That was the first P&PP for 2008, Jan 21.
Good Luck in the marathon!:yay:

We will be staying at All-Stars Movies Dec 30th to Jan 8th, Yes I am crazy, but had to fit it into school/work schedules. Already have our ADR's and now planning the daily itineraries.

Will also be visiting USF since I need get my coaster fix, Missing being a cast member at Universal and riding them 9 times non-stop.

We got all of our 1st prefrences for our ADR's and are skipping the waterparks since the weather can be so random in January.

This will be DW and kids first trip to WDW, I lived in Orlando in the late 90's and got to visit the parks often.

Hope to possibly meet some DISer's when were there.

Count me in, DH and I are taking our 2 nieces to the Poly Jan 22-26, it will be their second trip (we took them on their first one Oct 06) and this is their Xmas gift

Welcome Miabellarose! :goodvibes

SplashMtn - Apparently if you are going before Jan 15 you can make your ADR's 180 days, if Jan 16 or after they are going to a new computer system and it's 90 days. :confused3 Yes, this is driving me nuts!! I like to have things taken care of well in advance!

As far as CSR, I wouldn't recommend it. Sorry, we did not have the best experience there. If your DH wants cl I say go for it!! :rotfl: But I totally understand wanting to try something different. We have tried different resorts every time. And the only one we would go back to is CBR! :lovestruc Loved that one! But we are trying ASMo this time and getting 2 connecting rooms so we can have 2 tvs, 2 bathrooms, and 4 beds! Hope we are not disappointed in the values.

Ccfmioa ~ Dec 30-Jan 8 ASMo
Maplemouse ~ Jan 1-5 ???
Tink1978 ~ Jan 1-7 POFQ
Miabellarose ~ Jan 3-11 ASMu
Ehm1129 ~ Jan 5-16 ASMo
Kaos928 ~ Jan 6-12 POP
Kiteri ~ Jan 16-24 FW
MickeyNicki ~ Jan 22-26 Poly
Remmy ~ Jan 25-Feb 7 POP
Tinkerbelluk ~ Jan ???

Connecting rooms??.....What a super idea! We only have one child, but for people with a couple of kids (or more) that is a fantastic idea!

I know, never look a gift horse in the mouth....I should just let DH have his way this once and take us cl at WL :rotfl2:

WOW that list of Snowbirds is really growing!!

:welcome: to today's new Snowbirds!

MickeyNicki - That's so nice that you take your nieces. I am so jealous that you are staying at the Poly!! Someday I will stay there! It is so beautiful! :goodvibes

Connecting rooms??.....What a super idea! We only have one child, but for people with a couple of kids (or more) that is a fantastic idea!

I know, never look a gift horse in the mouth....I should just let DH have his way this once and take us cl at WL :rotfl2:

Yes, we are getting cramped in one room at a moderate. And we are a family that does not open and close a park in the same day. We are more of open-4 or 5ish, or noon-close. So we spend a good amount of time at the resort, so we need space! I know the kids will be disappointed with not having a pool slide like the mods have, but they are pretty excited about having their own tv and bed!

Yes, if my DH was insisting on cl I would have to agree! :rotfl: I've never been to WL. The pictures look so nice though. I will have to try to see it in January. We like to try to visit at least a few resorts each trip to get a feel for what we might like to try in the future!

We will be staying at All-Stars Movies Dec 30th to Jan 8th, Yes I am crazy, but had to fit it into school/work schedules. Already have our ADR's and now planning the daily itineraries.

Will also be visiting USF since I need get my coaster fix, Missing being a cast member at Universal and riding them 9 times non-stop.

We got all of our 1st prefrences for our ADR's and are skipping the waterparks since the weather can be so random in January.

This will be DW and kids first trip to WDW, I lived in Orlando in the late 90's and got to visit the parks often.

Hope to possibly meet some DISer's when were there.

Congrats on getting all your ADR's! Looks like we are going to have to wait til October to make ours. :sad2:

We are in the process of planning our Jan 09 trip. Stayed at CR in 08 and loved the monorail. It was quite cold that week and rained on our p&pparty night but we still had a blast. No lines and p&pparty was the highlight of our trip. Debating between Poly and BCV but Poly is winning right now. We will have our ds3 and dd9 months.

Anyone know if Super Bowl in Tampa will affect the crowds at WDW in late Jan? We are still trying to pick our dates too. I know we dont want MLK weekend or marathon.:confused3

How did you get AirTran for $89???!!! My dates are still at $109 with AirTran. So I wait. . . We really prefer to fly with them. Last time we went with SW because they were cheaper and had a not so great experience. :sad2: I know I should just buy them now because they will probably only go up, but that's so high compared to what I normally pay. But I suppose the days of $69 flights are probably over.

As far as the Space Mtn. closure, I haven't heard that one lately. I actually heard it last year, that they would be doing it this year (2008), but we were just there in May and it is open. So maybe the refurb will be this coming year (2009). I heard that when they do refurb it it will be closed for 12-18 months. :scared1:

We are fortunate enough that are dates are very flexible so I searched +/- 3 days and got the times I wanted for a decent price :) I haven't been in 2 years now but I remember my DM getting $69 tickets but I agree, those days maybe over. Thanks for last January's hours also that will definitely help me plan! I read about Space Mt here http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_magic_kingdom.htm you have to scroll way down and it's listed as "rumor" from back in February. Hopefully they pushed it back again.

I think I decided to stay at POP our first 4 nights and then move over to POR for the last 2 :goodvibes Who has been during the marathon weekend? Is it a lot busier?? I guess it doesn't matter much, no changing dates now but I wish I knew about it before I bought the tickets. :confused3

I too am worried about Super Bowl. I do believe on one podcast I heard them putting the park crowds at a 9 out of 10. Even the Monday after; I believe they thought the parks would be really busy. We were just trying to plan our vacation in a less crowded time between the two holidays and ran face first into Super Bowl now. Too late, as that is when we have decided to go for so many reasons. We just hope the dining plan isn't being hiked $10.00 more per person per day as some rumors out there have it to be and for them to take more off, including snacks. If it does, we may cut down our vacationing time.

We also found out some bad news, that our grand gathering is getting smaller as the days go by. Our aunt's dog requires surgery at a price of $2800.00. That takes them(aunt and uncle), and her son and his fiance out of the vacation planning.:sad1:

I too am very upset at not being able to book my dining reservations 180 days out. I do wish they would release their hours and rates so us preplanners could make the most out of the information.

Thank you all, for all your great information, as I was thinking of booking the package as per our travel agent's suggestion. Now without all the exact information not available we will be booking as room only and upgrading to the package if it is reasonable and worthwhile. It also doesn't seem as such a rush to book as we could wait for the package pricing and the details of them come out, since we have to wait to book dining until the end of October for us. We are driving down (very long for us) but we want to bring our own fridge, and much souvenirs home that flying is out of the question this time around.

P.S. I like the new group name. Very creative.

I love the Snowbirds name:lovestruc !! We have lots of people joining us, that is great. I am really disappointed about this new ADR plan, my call in date is supposed to be July 21st, does anyone know why the changes, or why they don't go to online reservations??:confused3

We did the connecting rooms at POP last year, and it worked out well, I am glad you are staying at All Stars, because their bus lines were so much better than ours. I know there are many POP lovers out there, but it did not work out for us.

WL is a fabulous choice, we visited there and just had friends stay, it would probably be my first choice. The pool area looks fabulous.

We have a little over 2 weeks till our summer trip at the Fort, anyone stay there before?? I am getting very excited, and just ordered a few things from Wegoshop to have delivered when we get there. Anyone have any must sees or restraunts they just have to go to other than in the parks?? Would love any last minute suggestions. I just booked a pirate cruise for my daughters bday at the YC, it is a 2 hour adventure for just the kids, so my husband and I can relax a little, only $30 a child and they feed them lunch. I have not told my daughter yet, I think we will let it be a surprise and that evening we are going to 1900 PF for dinner with Cinderella and stepsisters.

Well good night, talk to you all soon:cloud9:

Yes, I believe that they are expecting crowds on Superbowl weekend. That's why we moved up our trip. We were originally planning on Jan 28-Feb 3, but then were warned about about the Superbowl, that's why we moved it up a week. Now our trip falls between MLK and the Superbowl. Hopefully that will be a slow time! :wizard:

Sorry your group is getting smaller Remmy. That's too bad. I'm sure you will still have fun though! I hadn't heard the $10 DDP price increase rumor yet. :sad2: We will probably skip it if it goes up that much.

Six - Glad to hear that the connecting rooms worked out good for you. Also glad to hear that the bus service appeared to be good at the All Stars. Sorry it was not so good at POP. I know a lot of people love POP, but we just don't think it is for us. Hopefully we will have a good experience at ASMo! The pirate cruise sounds like so much fun for your DD! In May we took the kids to the Sandcastle Kids club at the BC for a few hours. We always said that we would never do that, but ended up giving it a try! They absolutely loved it and we were very comfortable leaving them there. And this is coming from a mother who very rarely leaves her kids anywhere!!

Welcome to our group Ppan77! :yay:

Ccfmioa ~ Dec 30-Jan 8 ASMo
Maplemouse ~ Jan 1-5 ???
Tink1978 ~ Jan 1-7 POFQ
Miabellarose ~ Jan 3-11 ASMu
Ehm1129 ~ Jan 5-16 ASMo
Kaos928 ~ Jan 6-12 POP/POR
Kiteri ~ Jan 16-24 FW
MickeyNicki ~ Jan 22-26 Poly
Remmy ~ Jan 25-Feb 7 POP
Tinkerbelluk ~ Jan ???
Ppan77 ~ Jan ???

We went to a water park this Jan and it was COLD...we won't be doing that this time, everyone came home very sick :sick: As far a P&PP :confused3 We went to the P&PP that was on MLK day this year. That was the first P&PP for 2008, Jan 21.
Good Luck in the marathon!:yay:

Hmmm, now I wonder if I should not do the Water Parks and More option--I've never been to a water park and thought this might be really fun. I guess we'll have to wait for the weather report closer to the time. Thanks for replying and for wishing us luck, we'll need it :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts