January 2009. . . Calling all Snowbirds ~ Part I !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard of any rumors of any goodies that may be offered to us that want to go in January? I know in the last few years in my area that they offered (starting in November I think is when the incentive came out) free upgrade to Water Parks and More pass. Our travel agent has told us that even if we book early she will get us any deals that may be announced for our travel dates.

I wondered with soaring fuel prices and the slight downturn in economy if Disney might be offering us anything. I wish they add back onto the dining plan what they took off (gratuities and appetizer). I also wonder what next years theme will be. I can't wait.

Thank you Shelly for starting this thread and all of the positive encouragement you have given to me. I am sorry I am not very creative to think of a catchy name for our group as of yet. I do find your last group name very humorous.

Thank you sixisenough for your input. I am looking forward to your reviews of those resort restaurants, especially Kona. We were thinking of that one too. One good thing about Disney, is that it has many restaurant choices, one bad thing is we never have enough time to discover them all on one trip.

Hi Remmy! :goodvibes

Last year on Oct 30th (2007) I got an offer for Chase Disney Visa cardholders, here it is: Good most nights 1/1/08 - 3/15/08 5nights/6days Free ticket upgrades & room discounts, $385 Adults, $192 Kids for a Value resort. Other lengths of stay and moderate rates too. . . So that's what I'm holding out for this year! I have also read on other threads to expect other great offers in 2009 because of the poor economy. Free dining would be awesome!! :wizard: Disney will do what they have to in order to get you to stay on-site and keep their hotels full. But I have also read that Disney is thinking about closing AK one day a week and DHS another day a week to help fill up the other parks if things get that bad. I personally don't think it will ever come to that, but what do I know! I also just read this morning on another thread that we won't be able to make our 2009 ADR's until 90 days out, instead of the 180 days, and that Disney is possibly not going to publish their park hours until 90 days out either. :confused3

Who knows what this crazy economy is going to bring us. Let's just hope we come out on the winning end of the Disney deals!! Has everyone but me booked their airfare??? :confused: I just don't know what to do. AirTran has the flights I want, at $109 each way. I've never paid more than $79 each way (and usually only $69). Maybe I should just bite the bullet and buy them now ??? :eek: I don't know. We don't want to fly Southwest again, we flew with them last year and we ended up with delays and destroyed luggage! :mad:

Okay, so no one wants to come up with a name for our awesome little group! I'm at a loss too. But I think this is our symbol -->:cool1: Because we will be "cool" in January, not cold!! :lmao:

Have a great 4th of July everyone!!Just remember the next time you see fireworks you will be seeing them over Cinderella castle and a little tune will be playing in your ear - When you wish upon a star :rolleyes1 . . . You all know what I'm talking about!!! :yay:

Forgot to mention, I heard that next year's theme is going to remain the Year of a Million Dreams, but on a smaller scale.

We'll see. . . .

Forgot to mention, I heard that next year's theme is going to remain the Year of a Million Dreams, but on a smaller scale.

We'll see. . . .

Really? Still? I was kind of hoping that I'd finally get to see something different. All i know is this "year" has been going on forever!!

:cool1: <----- Love the symbol... No idea on a name though

Yes, it seems that the Year of a Million Dreams is turning into the YearS of a Million Dreams! :lmao: I was hoping for something different too. But I suppose if I had won a wonderful prize in one of the last 2 trips I wouldn't feel that way! :rotfl: We have gotten a few little surprises. In 2007 we were family of the day at the Garden Grill for lunch. We got a certificate and a"free" appetizer (we were already on the DDP) and 1 fastpass good for 4 people for that day. Not a Dream Fastpass, just good for one attraction. This year DS9 got chosen to do the Jedi Training Academy and got a year of a million dreams certificate for that. He was thrilled, it was a dream come true for him!! DS6 was very disappointed that he didn't get chosen. So I am hoping that they continue to do that so that DS6 will maybe get a chance. So, anyone with little Star Wars fans should check that out if it's still there!

Hello All!!!

Count me in! I am arriving late January 16 through January 24 right now, but hoping to extend that to January 25 if I can ever snag an extra day at Fort Wilderness!

I will have to give our name some thought!!!

When I get more time, I will be back!

Hello
Yes, we are planning a trip to WDW for Jan. 1-5. We have gone for the past several years for a short second trip around the end of December or first of January and have always enjoyed that time of year. We always go in June, for about ten days. Last January was the coldest Jan. they had in years. We almost froze to death!! Not much fun. But, at least we were there!
I want to book my Jan. trip and it is hard to when the 2009 rates are not out. I want to compare several resorts, CR, AKL, PORR. I asked for a 2009 quote from Dreams Unlimited, but it sure didn't sound like they quoted prices for value season. Do you think there will be some discounts later for Jan.? I've never used a code before. Don't know anything about them.:confused3

:welcome: to Kiteri and Maplemouse!

I am excited, we are getting quite the little group going here!! I wasn't sure how many people would respond to this thread.

Maplemouse - I am expecting some great offers for 2009! :wizard: They probably won't be out for at least a few more months though. . . :hourglass

January friends! :cool1: (that's what I'll call us until we come up with a better name!)
Maplemouse ~ Jan 1-5 ???
Tink1978 ~ Jan 1-7 POFQ
Kiteri ~ Jan 16-24 FW
Sixisenough ~ Jan 17-24 AKL
Jenkh ~ Jan 17-31 BWV/AKV
Momof2disneyboys ~ Jan 21-27 ASMo
Trixiequilts ~ Jan 21-28 AKL
Remmy ~ Jan 25-Feb 7 POP
Cinderellamom123 ~ Jan ???
Tinkerbelluk ~ Jan ???

Hello All!
Yep, we are planning our annual January trip too :banana: We are planning on Jan 18-24 have to call by the end of next week to make our ressies! When the 2009 rates come out we will make it a package! What a fun thread this will be, I'll post more info when I can! January is our #1 favorite time to go....the weather is terrific and the crowds are easily managable!

Momof2Disneyboys thanks for doing this!

:wave: Hi Splashmtncrew! Welcome to our group!!

Glad to hear that you have had good weather and low crowds in January! :goodvibes

I can't wait until we can all list our ADR's and park days and so on!! It will be so much fun! :yay:

January friends! :cool1:

Maplemouse ~ Jan 1-5 ???
Tink1978 ~ Jan 1-7 POFQ
Kiteri ~ Jan 16-24 FW
Sixisenough ~ Jan 17-24 AKL
Jenkh ~ Jan 17-31 BWV/AKV
Splashmtncrew ~ Jan 18-24 WL
Momof2disneyboys ~ Jan 21-27 ASMo
Trixiequilts ~ Jan 21-28 AKL
Remmy ~ Jan 25-Feb 7 POP
Cinderellamom123 ~ Jan ???
Tinkerbelluk ~ Jan ???

Hey guys!

Just bought plane tickets for me and BF for Jan 6th - 12! We got Airtran for $89 each way. They've already gone up since I started looking so I wanted to buy them now before it got any worse. I think I saw some for $79 but we got awesome times, no 6am departures or 12am arrivals for us. (I wanted to get there early enough to get to MK, have dinner, and watch the fireworks for arrival night!) :goodvibes

I though January was the best time to go for us, we are both college students so we have a whole month off between semesters. Plus less crowds and cooler weather (my boyfriend overheats rather quickly) Also, it's his first trip and he's a little skeptical and I'm a little nervous!

I haven't had a dining plan before but I love the idea. My sister did it for her Disneymoon and it will be awesome to not have to worry about food while we're there, for the most part anyway (I worry a lot). The less worry, the better the vacation will be!

Also I don't know where we will stay! I'm hoping that when the prices come out I'll have a better idea of our finances and if we can afford moderate or if we should just stick to value. We will probably wind up at POP.

PS Any truth to rumors that Space Mt is closing in January for the refurb????
I will be so sad. :sad:

PPS What about the Snowbirds? Just throwing it out there :confused3

We can't wait for January! We are planning Jan.5-16th right now, and we will be staying at ASMo.
Right now we have room-only booked, but we might switch to a package when they are released. I'm hoping for some amazing offers, because we are pinching pennies to be able to take this trip!

We went in January 2007 and it was AWESOME weather and crowds, especially after marathon weekend.

Airfare is a bit scary right now, and I don't think I can handle driving, so there is a slight chance that we will have to scrap the whole idea and wait another year, but I'm REALLY hoping that we can get some good deals!

Anyone know when park hours will be released for Jan? I have to call for ADRs in a few days and I don't want to schedule things randomly..

Anyone know when park hours will be released for Jan? I have to call for ADRs in a few days and I don't want to schedule things randomly..

I'm worried about that too, I don't want to be flying blind here!

I called Disney asking about the hours, because I need to make my 180 ADR's in two weeks, and the CM told me that the only reservations they are taking for after January 2009 are for Chef Mickey's and CRT.

I guess they are updating their computers or something. I am so upset!

Good morning Snowbirds!! (Love it! :thumbsup2 ) I was trying to come up with something that had "snow" in it since most of us will be leaving from snowy locations in January!

How was the weekend? We took the kids to our town's fireworks Friday night and about 15 minutes into it they asked if we could go! :confused3 They said they were bored and the fireworks weren't good since there was no castle and no music! :lmao: DH said - Look what you've done!! :rotfl:

:welcome: to all of our new January Snowbirds!! :goodvibes

Kiteri - I recently heard the same thing about the ADR's. . . Only CRT & Chef Mickey's 180 days out and everything else is going to be 90 days for 2009. :confused: I also heard that they aren't going to publish park hours until 90 days prior instead of 180 days. Looks like we may be waiting for October to make any definite plans. . . :hourglass

Kaos928 - How did you get AirTran for $89???!!! My dates are still at $109 with AirTran. So I wait. . . We really prefer to fly with them. Last time we went with SW because they were cheaper and had a not so great experience. :sad2: I know I should just buy them now because they will probably only go up, but that's so high compared to what I normally pay. But I suppose the days of $69 flights are probably over.

As far as the Space Mtn. closure, I haven't heard that one lately. I actually heard it last year, that they would be doing it this year (2008), but we were just there in May and it is open. So maybe the refurb will be this coming year (2009). I heard that when they do refurb it it will be closed for 12-18 months. :scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter