Jamming out with your kid to HSM 2!

dcforbreakfast

Mouseketeer
Ok, I am officially a dork, :rotfl2: but probably a cool mom in my five year old's eyes.

We LOVE the new HSM 2 soundtrack. I'm sure people who drive by us think we're nuts. We're constantly jamming out.

His/our favorites are #1, 3, 5 and 8. So that would be the "what time is it" song, the one where they're in the kitchen, "I don't dance" and troy's solo in the golf course, which I initially thought was cheesy but I'm now hooked on it.

My son wants me to videotape him singing and dancing to some of the songs and then I'm going to edit it into his own music video. Hilarious. You should see him trying to do the moves and his facial expressions. Pure drama.

I think he has a man crush on Zac Efron and Corbin Bleu :rotfl2:

You're not a dork, or I am too.
My kids love to listen to HSM and HSM2 and I can't help but sing along. I try and turn it off when my girls are not in the van but then my DS3 tells me to put HSM back on. Hey, it's good clean entertainment and fun, let the kids and mom enjoy it. They grow up too fast as it is.

If you are a dork than so am I. I bet the movie has played at least 40 times at our house. We have both soundtracks and love them. I thought I was the only one.

How can you not love "Fabulous" and "The Music in Me" (Troy and Gabby, although my kids prefer Sharpay's version)? I can handle Troy's solo in the car, but I cannot watch it! Too much Michael Jackson "Beat it" and other weird choreography - Zac looks pained during the whole song! :rotfl2:

Welcome to dorkville lol!! :lmao: Get used to it, I heard the next movie will be at the theatres next year so you can then be a dork in public! That soundtrack is the only CD I've been able to play in my car since the movie came out when my kids are with us in it.:banana: Fortunately they both have radios in their rooms to listen to it themselves, but if you stand in the upstairs hall at my house first thing in the morning when they both get up, you can get the soundtrack in stereo lol. It's like uncanny how they can both start the CD simultaneously in their rooms while being oblivious to the other doing it. It is true that minds do think alike ahaha!! :thumbsup2

You are not alone! I think life is to short to worry if people think I am a dork... We have four kids DS 20s, DS16, DD8, DD5 and the girls absolutely LOVE TROY and Corbin. I say get your video camera out and make a video! When our boys were little we made a 'video' of a scene from "Look whos talking' and they still will grin and ask us not to get that out... only hoping we will bring it out to show all! My daughter just had a sleepover and we made a video (from songs in HSM) The girls had a ball and we made DVD copies for each child to take home. We have other kids asking if they can join us! HSM is such a good clean movie I am thrilled that the kids like it!

Thanks for sharing!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

We listen to it all the time! Even my two year old knows some of the words! I agree, Troy's song is much better to listen to.

Okay - I have to confess - my dd couldn't listen to it over the weekend because I listen to it at work and accidentally left it here.

Add 2 more dorks to the list--me and DH (although, I have to admit, we're still partial to HSM; HSM 2 is growing on us, though)

My 5 year old daughter is the excuse I use to listen to soundtracks of HSM and HSM2. She lent her HSM dvd to her childless aunt, who is now hooked as well. Can't wait to be at the pep rally and see the HSM theatrical production!

Add another dork to the list. I feel like the only thing we have been listening to in the car is soundtracks. We only listen to HSM2 and Hairspray. My girls love most of the songs, while I love What Time is It?, You Are the Music in Me, Gotta Go My Own Way, Bet on It and All for One. My dh taped my ds17 on his phone this weekend jumping into a sand trap at the golf course and throwing sand like Troy does in HSM2. They think that is the cheesiest part of the movie and make fun of it any chance they get!!:rotfl:

My dh taped my ds17 on his phone this weekend jumping into a sand trap at the golf course and throwing sand like Troy does in HSM2. They think that is the cheesiest part of the movie and make fun of it any chance they get!!:rotfl:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: That is a RIOT! I LOVE IT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter