Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Staying Oct 9-14. Jambo House Studio Villa.

Quick question....why is the Studio Villa the same price as the Standard room (Savannah views)?

We stayed there a couple years ago in a Standard room savannah view, and I was going to do the same this year. I was surprised that the Deluxe Studio was only $3 more per night.

Is this odd, or is there just not that big a difference between the two?
October

DisneyWillow1975, Sep 30th - Oct 7th, AKL

Dgbg100106, 1st -4th, BCV

Pkltm, 2nd - 11th, AKL

Hi Pluto, 4th - 5th, Kidani

Duder92, 9th - 14th, Jambo House

Jessie31383, 13th - 17th, Jambo

#1eeyoregirl, 13th - 17th, AKL

Luvfigment, 14th - 21st, AKL

Kristenrice, 15th - 20th, AKV- Jambo

Karen1987, 15th - 29th, AKL CL

Bigskip, 28th - Nov 11th, AKL CL

Can you please amend? We are going in November, thanks ☺
November

ALK$Disney, 1st - 9th, AKV Jambo House

DizDad7, 3rd - 11th, SSR

TaraPA, 11th - 13th, AKL CL

Chimo2u, 11th - 16th, AKL

RmeDad, 14th - 21st, AKL

Bjcaed, 15th - 23rd, AKL

Sassy2000, 17th - 24th, AKL

Me my wife, two girls(6 and 4), my parents and my mother in law are staying at Jambo for the first time starting September 1st. This is the first time the grandparents will see my girls at WDW and we are excited about that. Also we are excited to stay at AKL. We are renting points for the first time and it has been super easy. Can't wait for the MNSSHP either.

Here's my question - anyone have a current pic of the lounge menu at Victoria Falls?? Thinking of making that our anniversary dinner - some tasty snacks, some beverages, and just chilling for a while :)

Looking at the map on the first page, where are the DVC rooms located in Jambo House? We're staying in a one-bedroom club level villa and am curious where about we'll be.

Looking at the map on the first page, where are the DVC rooms located in Jambo House? We're staying in a one-bedroom club level villa and am curious where about we'll be.

The club level villas are the rooms on the 6th floor. They're the ones in the lobby area of the map that start with a 6.

Thank you! Can you please add CL onto our stay, we are staying club level Nov 11-16, 2017, can't wait

November

DizDad7, 3rd - 11th, SSR

Chimo2u, 11th - 16th, AKL

RmeDad, 14th - 21st, AKL

Bjcaed, 15th - 23rd, AKL

Can you add us please? Headed to AKL - Savannah View from November 11th - 19th. It will be Myself, DH, DS (6) and DD (4).

199 days to go!!!!!

Last edited:
Just switched from Pop (my favorite) to AKL (also my favorite when I have a little more coin to blow!). We will be there August 1 - August 8. Celebrating our 24th anniversary :)

Can't wait - 97 days to go!
August

Minnesota!, 1st - 8th, AKL

OThopeful35, 1st - 12th, AKL

Izzylovesmickey, 3rd - 6th, AKL

JodyLynC, 8th - 10th, AKL

Arden01, 16th - 23rd, AKL

DizDaD7, 19th - 22nd, VGF

Choppygirl, 19th - Sep 2nd, AKL

Lttlmc3, 21st - 25th, AKL

Suse66, 21st - 28th, Jambo

Cheryterese, 22nd - 24th, YC & AKL

Grmnshplvr, 23rd - 29th, AKL

Minnieloves4, 23rd - 29th, AKL

Cinderelly911, 27th - Sep 3rd, AKL

Can you add us please? Headed to AKL - Savannah View from November 11th - 19th. It will be Myself, DH, DS (6) and DD (4).

199 days to go!!!!!
November

DizDad7, 3rd - 11th, SSR

Chimo2u, 11th - 16th, AKL CL

Mindy S, 11th - 19th, AKL

RmeDad, 14th - 21st, AKL

Bjcaed, 15th - 23rd, AKL

Hi everyone!

My family will be back at AKL December 30 to January 1. We are doing a split stay with two nights at AKL and five nights at Beach Club. We stayed at AKL for two nights in February 2016 before our cruise and really regretted not getting to spend any time at the resort, so this time will be different with us not doing any park days during our stay at AKL. I am really looking forward to using the pools, wandering the resort, and letting the kids enjoy some of the activities like the campfire.

I am wondering if anyone has stayed at AKL over NYE before. We are not planning to go to the park for any NYE activities and were hoping there might be something going on at the resort. Are there any special NYE activities?

Thanks so much!

Hi everyone!

My family will be back at AKL December 30 to January 1. We are doing a split stay with two nights at AKL and five nights at Beach Club. We stayed at AKL for two nights in February 2016 before our cruise and really regretted not getting to spend any time at the resort, so this time will be different with us not doing any park days during our stay at AKL. I am really looking forward to using the pools, wandering the resort, and letting the kids enjoy some of the activities like the campfire.

I am wondering if anyone has stayed at AKL over NYE before. We are not planning to go to the park for any NYE activities and were hoping there might be something going on at the resort. Are there any special NYE activities?

Thanks so much!
December

Rlduvall, 2nd - 9th, AKV

Lumee23, 2nd - 9th, Kidani

Somnia, 6th - 15th Jambo CL

Sunset7132, 8th - 17th, AKL

New Hamp, 9th - 12th, AKL

Sndral, 9th - 15th, Jambo

CrazzzyforDisney83, 10th - 16th, AKL

LvsTnk, 10th -19th, Kidani

Mlunsford, 21st - 26th, AKL

BaseballMoM2007, 21st - 30th, AKL

Brandyleeann, 30th - Jan 1st, AKL
Hi everyone!

Thanks so much!

We are checking in 29 days for a standard view - this would be our first time to do online check in. However, since we are arriving late on that day I was considering - what do I need to know and what should I request. We would like to be near a pool if possible. Thanks,

Just arrived home last night from a wonderful four-night mother-daughter trip at AKL - Jambo House. This was our first time actually staying at the resort, though we had visited twice before to dine at Jiko and loved it. Overall it was a great experience, and I have already booked another long weekend for myself at AKL in December.

Our thoughts:

Buses: We had great luck, and were actually quite impressed when comparing the bus service to POFQ and the Polynesian, our other frequent favorites. Usually we were on a bus within 5-10 minutes of walking into the the stop. One morning around 8:30, the first bus for MK filled up and we had to wait for the second one, but we were still on a bus within 15 minutes. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a return bus from the parks or even Disney Springs. Still not as convenient as the Polynesian's overall transportation scheme, with its easy access to the TTC and all the monorails and boats, but pretty good nonetheless for buses.

Dining: We found the Mara to be decent for quick service and everything we ordered there was tasty. Tried the Zebra Domes from the refrigerated case, and they became our go-to dessert and after-park snack. We skipped Jiko and Boma this trip (tried Tiffins instead) but did stop into Sanaa for the bread service. Yes, it was the best bread service we have had on property to date, and huge! The Tandoori chicken sandwich was fine, but after the bread service we were too full to enjoy it properly. We rated Sanaa as the AKL's equivalent of the Kona Cafe at the Poly, very good if you know what to order, and a good dining choice if you are staying at the resort.

Room: Loved our pool view room - #4430. We had requested this exact room using the Touring Plans fax service, and received it! I also did online checkin, but did not make any requests through Disney. The room was ready when we arrived at the resort around noon. The only surprise was that the room had a king bed room rather than two queens as shown on Touring Plans. This was not a problem since there were only two of us, we just shared the bed and enjoyed having the couch and extra floor space. When we first arrived, I second-guessed myself at not booking savanna view, but we were easily able to get our fill of animal viewing from the observation decks around the resort and ended up not missing it at all. For us, the money was better spent on dining and other experiences. Plus, the room location was very convenient and view from our balcony was gorgeous!

IMG_0145.JPG

Staff: Excellent! Clean room, responded to supply requests, everyone around the resort was super-friendly. The Disney feeling is alive and well here, which impressed me very much.

Negatives: I am wracking my brain to think of something, but not coming up with anything at the moment. One morning I had a digestive ailment (from so much rich food), and stayed back from the parks. However, that made me like the Lodge even more, because there was enough to see and do on my own that I wasn't lonely and didn't feel as if I was missing anything. Oh, and one night there were some young people hanging out in the pool courtyard after the pool closed, having a good time and shouting a bit. I was trying to read on the balcony but decided to go inside because the sound carried and echoed so much. I'm sure it was much louder than they were intending to be, but they were having fun and not thinking. Other people were outside enjoying late snacks from The Mara, and normal voices didn't carry, just the shouting. A chaperone may have helped, but c'est la vie!

AKL is now on my list of favorite places to stay. I love that if feels so immersively unique without the price tag of the Polynesian. Looking forward to my next stay December 8-12!

Just arrived home last night from a wonderful four-night mother-daughter trip at AKL - Jambo House. This was our first time actually staying at the resort, though we had visited twice before to dine at Jiko and loved it. Overall it was a great experience, and I have already booked another long weekend for myself at AKL in December.

Our thoughts:

Buses: We had great luck, and were actually quite impressed when comparing the bus service to POFQ and the Polynesian, our other frequent favorites. Usually we were on a bus within 5-10 minutes of walking into the the stop. One morning around 8:30, the first bus for MK filled up and we had to wait for the second one, but we were still on a bus within 15 minutes. We never waited more than 10 minutes for a return bus from the parks or even Disney Springs. Still not as convenient as the Polynesian's overall transportation scheme, with its easy access to the TTC and all the monorails and boats, but pretty good nonetheless for buses.

Dining: We found the Mara to be decent for quick service and everything we ordered there was tasty. Tried the Zebra Domes from the refrigerated case, and they became our go-to dessert and after-park snack. We skipped Jiko and Boma this trip (tried Tiffins instead) but did stop into Sanaa for the bread service. Yes, it was the best bread service we have had on property to date, and huge! The Tandoori chicken sandwich was fine, but after the bread service we were too full to enjoy it properly. We rated Sanaa as the AKL's equivalent of the Kona Cafe at the Poly, very good if you know what to order, and a good dining choice if you are staying at the resort.

Room: Loved our pool view room - #4430. We had requested this exact room using the Touring Plans fax service, and received it! I also did online checkin, but did not make any requests through Disney. The room was ready when we arrived at the resort around noon. The only surprise was that the room had a king bed room rather than two queens as shown on Touring Plans. This was not a problem since there were only two of us, we just shared the bed and enjoyed having the couch and extra floor space. When we first arrived, I second-guessed myself at not booking savanna view, but we were easily able to get our fill of animal viewing from the observation decks around the resort and ended up not missing it at all. For us, the money was better spent on dining and other experiences. Plus, the room location was very convenient and view from our balcony was gorgeous!

View attachment 233447

Staff: Excellent! Clean room, responded to supply requests, everyone around the resort was super-friendly. The Disney feeling is alive and well here, which impressed me very much.

Negatives: I am wracking my brain to think of something, but not coming up with anything at the moment. One morning I had a digestive ailment (from so much rich food), and stayed back from the parks. However, that made me like the Lodge even more, because there was enough to see and do on my own that I wasn't lonely and didn't feel as if I was missing anything. Oh, and one night there were some young people hanging out in the pool courtyard after the pool closed, having a good time and shouting a bit. I was trying to read on the balcony but decided to go inside because the sound carried and echoed so much. I'm sure it was much louder than they were intending to be, but they were having fun and not thinking. Other people were outside enjoying late snacks from The Mara, and normal voices didn't carry, just the shouting. A chaperone may have helped, but c'est la vie!

AKL is now on my list of favorite places to stay. I love that if feels so immersively unique without the price tag of the Polynesian. Looking forward to my next stay December 8-12!
December

Rlduvall, 2nd - 9th, AKV

Lumee23, 2nd - 9th, Kidani

Somnia, 6th - 15th Jambo CL

JoJoGirl, 8th - 12th, AKL

Sunset7132, 8th - 17th, AKL

New Hamp, 9th - 12th, AKL

Sndral, 9th - 15th, Jambo

CrazzzyforDisney83, 10th - 16th, AKL

LvsTnk, 10th -19th, Kidani

Mlunsford, 21st - 26th, AKL

BaseballMoM2007, 21st - 30th, AKL

Brandyleeann, 30th - Jan 1st, AKL

I booked AKL with FD since it was cheaper than POR without FD. I have 2 standard view rooms booked. We are 6 adults. Never stayed at AKL before. How are the standard views? Any good resort tips or info is greatly appreciated. Our dates are 12/8-12/16. Thanks!

I booked AKL with FD since it was cheaper than POR without FD. I have 2 standard view rooms booked. We are 6 adults. Never stayed at AKL before. How are the standard views? Any good resort tips or info is greatly appreciated. Our dates are 12/8-12/16. Thanks!
Following, because we did the exact same thing. I love POR but it was a no brainer to upgrade when it was left out of FD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter