Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We just got back from a stay at Jambo House DVC VILLAS, deluxe studio with a savanna view. We were on the Kudo trail. We loved every minute of our stay there. We saw giraffes and zebras everyday. They had also recently introduced wildebeests to the savanna and were able to watch the zebra drama surrounding it It was an amazing view, I think because we were close to the overlook from the main floor they keep the food fairly well stocked and that’s pretty much all the giraffes do, eat! We also loved the sky bridge, and the free laundry on the DVC floor!! It was a little far from everything else, but we really didn’t mind the walking at all. We also went down to Kidani for a pool day. Both pools are awesome. I loved our stay at Jambo and really didn’t want to leave. We had a Split stay at grand Floridian, we like the proximity to MK. I missed Jambo most of the time we were there. Jambo felt like home, and while the grand Floridian is beautiful it just felt different. We also enjoyed all our meals at AKL, and were a but disappointed in most of our meals in the MK area. Our favorites of the trip were Jiko and Sanaa. I tried to upload some pics, seems my files are too large? If anyone knows how to fix this, I’d be happy to post some pics of the views from our room!
Thanks for the report! We are heading over there in 2 weeks! Cannot wait!

Thanks for the report! I totally feel the same way about akl. It just feels like home to me. I had our entire trip booked at bwv and I do love the walk to Epcot there but I was still longing for akl so had to split stay there. We’re just 29 days from our trip! Can’t wait!
Same. Our summer trip was all BC but I just couldn’t let the AKL feeling go so we’re doing a split stay. Can’t wait! Enjoy your time too!

I’ve also got my wheels turning for an early January stay. Does anyone know how long the Christmas decorations stay up and when the bell ringers/carolers stop performing? They were spectacular last year and I would love to experience them again, but can’t get down there in December this year. Hoping it all sticks around a bit into the new year.

Staying at Kidani villa but not as vacation club member. How often will mousekeeping clean the rooms?
If by that you mean you have a cash reservation (not a point rental from a member) you should have housekeeping every day. However, several years ago (before I bought my AKV DVC points) I stayed in a 1 br. villa at Jambo on a 10 night cash reservation & housekeeping ‘forgot’ to clean the villa a couple of times. I didn’t care, but if that happens to you & you do care, just call housekeeping from your villa phone and ‘remind’ them.

@Meg5348 Thanks for your reassuring response!! We LOVE Sanaa too, it's probably our favourite on property! I am now more excited about my stay at the Poly too. I would agree with you on the signatures in general, I have just not found them worth the money in the last two trips. With the exception of CG, because we always split sushi and various apps and it is tons of food and a better value. IMO.

I saw on the Disney website that The Mara’s opening hours have now changed from 6am to 7am. Is it still opening at 6am for coffee?

I just received an email that the Uzima pool will be closed during our stay November 13-17. of course there's the pool at kidani but that seems like a pain to travel over there. I wonder if they would offer a discount for the pool being closed or not since there's still a pool nearby.

I just received an email that the Uzima pool will be closed during our stay November 13-17. of course there's the pool at kidani but that seems like a pain to travel over there. I wonder if they would offer a discount for the pool being closed or not since there's still a pool nearby.

I just came here to post the same thing. I am SUPER bummed. The Uzima pool was a major factor in us choosing to stay at AKL. I don’t really want to have to walk 10 minutes to get to the Kidani pool. I was just looking at possible alternatives, and all the standard rooms at the deluxe resorts are already booked up. Such a bummer.

I am really upset and devastated that the pool is going to be closed during our stay and that it wasnt advertised on the Disney booking website when I booked the room a week ago. I would have totally chosen a different resort! now I dont know what to do....

I remember people getting water park passes when the wilderness lodge pool was being refurbed but maybe both pools were down then.

Right. But those guests had zero and/or less than 3 weeks notice.

I called and the cast member found us a room at beach club for only a total package increase of $43. We had a Savannah bunk bed room booked. We will have to save AKL for the next trip.

I called and the cast member found us a room at beach club for only a total package increase of $43. We had a Savannah bunk bed room booked. We will have to save AKL for the next trip.
Completely worth it. The pool at the AKL is not a big draw for me, but SAB is over the top.

Completely worth it. The pool at the AKL is not a big draw for me, but SAB is over the top.

I spoke with a castmember and because I have a standard view at AKL booked currently switching to beach club would be an additional $400 total! (because only special view rooms are available during our stay) I dont know if it would be worth an additional 400 to switch resorts. I like the idea of walking to epcot, especially during food and wine. should I switch???

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter