Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I'm sure I'm looking right at it, but does anyone know where I can find information on the resort activities? We will be at AKL June 16th.

Has anyone who as stayed at Jambo since 1/1/18 ordered QS meal (hamburger, etc.) at the pool bar? We'd like to have lunch by the pool and get a cocktail with it. On the official Disney website the menu lists hamburgers, etc along with cocktails you can order. On Allears it says you have to pick up the phone at the bar and order it from private dining.... of course that would mean 2 TS credits for a hamburger? Anyone have any info?

Has anyone who as stayed at Jambo since 1/1/18 ordered QS meal (hamburger, etc.) at the pool bar? We'd like to have lunch by the pool and get a cocktail with it. On the official Disney website the menu lists hamburgers, etc along with cocktails you can order. On Allears it says you have to pick up the phone at the bar and order it from private dining.... of course that would mean 2 TS credits for a hamburger? Anyone have any info?

ETA: this was the Maji Pool Bar at Kidani! Sorry - didn’t try the Jambo pool bar but figured I’d leave the post as an FYI for Kidani :)

We did! However the meals we had were grab and go (salad w/tandoori chicken and hot dogs) and due to mixing the drinks we paid a pretty large tip (IMO). I know that’s choice but I feel obligated to leave 15% :) The pina colava is seriously delicious though! But I don’t think I’ll order food from the pool bar again.

I’ve really loved the dining plan but felt it limited my options here. The private dining menu is the price of most QS so unfortunate it doesn’t apply. We were disappointed a few times this trip with the exclusions so probably will skip it next trip.

We're staying at Kidani in a standard studio. Do they have plates, bowls, and silverware in the room or do we need to bring it?

Is this true of all the studios? We are staying in a value studio in Jambo House.

All DVC rooms, including Value Studios, will have paper plates, bowls, & plastic ware. :thumbsup2

Do they leave you with many plates? If not, I see there somewhere you can get more?

There should be an adequate supply, but if not you can request more from Housekeeping. :goodvibes

ETA: this was the Maji Pool Bar at Kidani! Sorry - didn’t try the Jambo pool bar but figured I’d leave the post as an FYI for Kidani :)

We did! However the meals we had were grab and go (salad w/tandoori chicken and hot dogs) and due to mixing the drinks we paid a pretty large tip (IMO). I know that’s choice but I feel obligated to leave 15% :) The pina colava is seriously delicious though! But I don’t think I’ll order food from the pool bar again.

I’ve really loved the dining plan but felt it limited my options here. The private dining menu is the price of most QS so unfortunate it doesn’t apply. We were disappointed a few times this trip with the exclusions so probably will skip it next trip.

Thanks for the info! I've been going back/forth on the DP this time too. The included cocktail pushed me over the line! lol Looking forward to a pina colava!

I am super excited! My husband and I just booked our hotel for our next visit in February 2019 and Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo house. We were able to rent out some DVC points which I was nervous we weren't going to get any! We were reserved a studio-standard view room. Our last Disney trip, we went with a 3 year old and a 10 month old. This time, my kiddos will be 5, 3, and 6 months. We're pretty excited. I am trying to get everything planned out before baby number 3 arrives here in September and just had a quick question regarding the kitchenette in the DVC studio rooms at AKL....is it just a microwave and mini fridge? I am pretty excited and know I'll have more questions. TIA!

I am super excited! My husband and I just booked our hotel for our next visit in February 2019 and Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo house. We were able to rent out some DVC points which I was nervous we weren't going to get any! We were reserved a studio-standard view room. Our last Disney trip, we went with a 3 year old and a 10 month old. This time, my kiddos will be 5, 3, and 6 months. We're pretty excited. I am trying to get everything planned out before baby number 3 arrives here in September and just had a quick question regarding the kitchenette in the DVC studio rooms at AKL....is it just a microwave and mini fridge? I am pretty excited and know I'll have more questions. TIA!
Microwave, mini fridge, sink & coffee maker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter