#JAMbalaya #Pandamonium WDW Marathon Weekend 2019 Report! (Updated: 2/27/19)

We did Country Bears on our trip in December. The kids loved it. Love that they have some of them roaming around the area during the day so you can interact and get your picture with them.

Fireball!

My alarm was set for 2:45AM. Today was definitely the coldest of the four mornings. I headed out early because I was worried about the buses at Pop with what happened during Wine and Dine. Luckily it was not bad even though there was a bit of a line at first.

IMG_2253 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

No costumes for me on this day. It was a stay warm kind of day. I arrived pretty early and got a picture with Mickey.

IMG_2254 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2478 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I went to meet up with the Disers next. @jennamfeo brought shots...

IMG_3016 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

That actually warmed me up a bit. Then it was onto the corrals! I was in B for the 5K.

IMG_2265 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2269 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2271 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Away we go!

There Flik and Atta out just before mile 1. The line was long so I skipped.

IMG_2273 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

The Norway Vikings were out next in Norway but I skipped them as well.

Illuminations replacement work was ongoing during the race.

IMG_2276 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Genie was out in Italy and Pinocchio in Germany but I skipped both as I have gotten them before.

IMG_2277 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Skyliner anyone?

IMG_2282 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 2!

IMG_2289 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

I stopped for Scottish Goofy! His line was pretty long and I figured this would be my only stop. I waited about 12 minutes for him.

IMG_2290 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Donald was out by Test Track but his line would've been another 12-15 minute wait so no thanks.

IMG_2291 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Guardians...

IMG_2294 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Mile 3!

IMG_2299 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And a finish!

IMG_2301 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2477 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Some running photos...

IMG_2479 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2480 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2481 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_2431 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Overall I liked the Oswald theme and they had some decent characters out but the lines were just too long. They changed up the corrals for the 5K this year only going with 3 instead of 6. That worked okay but meant for a lot of people on course at once hence the long lines. I will also say I like the Wine and Dine 5K better than this one. Can't beat running around World Showcase though.

After the race I headed back pretty quickly since I was cold and showered up for a day at Disney's Animal Kingdom (the best park).

Up Next: A Wild Time at Animal Kingdom!

Fireball, yum!

Scottish Goofy, wow! I have never seen him before, that’s a great character stop.

I don’t know what they can do to make the 5K seem less crowded, it just always seems like so many people unless you are right up front. :confused3

Looks like fun....and great photos as usual. I think this is the first time I have seen Scottish Goofy. Pretty cool.

Fireball, yum!

Scottish Goofy, wow! I have never seen him before, that’s a great character stop.

I don’t know what they can do to make the 5K seem less crowded, it just always seems like so many people unless you are right up front. :confused3

Yeah thats why I stopped for him.

I am not sure what they could do either. That's why I liked being in A for Wine and Dine so much. I was in the first wave and ran at a decent clip. I stopped for every single character then. I could've stopped for more since it is not really enforced timing wise but I just didn't feel like waiting in multiple 10+ minute lines.

Looks like fun....and great photos as usual. I think this is the first time I have seen Scottish Goofy. Pretty cool.

Thanks! Scottish Goofy was a highlight for sure!

I love Pluto, but I think switching the 5K to Oswald was a great idea! The medal is so cute!

Scottish Goofy though...so awesome! Never seen any of the characters in Highland gear before!

But shots before running??? That would not be a good idea for me but you are still in college so you are probably well trained for that!:rotfl2:

I love Pluto, but I think switching the 5K to Oswald was a great idea! The medal is so cute!

Scottish Goofy though...so awesome! Never seen any of the characters in Highland gear before!

But shots before running??? That would not be a good idea for me but you are still in college so you are probably well trained for that!:rotfl2:
Agreed!

I was kind of worried about shots before running but you’re sitting around so long that it doesn’t do much to you. Also being in college helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter