iVillage?

Octoberbride03

<font color=660000>I think Tweetie done gone Cucko
Does anybody here do iVillage.com?

I've been looking for something new since I'm going to have a lot of down time in the next couple of months due to surgery.

What's it like? How do you like it? Is it as addicitng as DIS?

TY

Yes, I love it. Not as much as here, but there are some great forums, with some great people, and lots of great advice.:goodvibes

Not a fan because at ivillage if you want to be able to view more then 1 message at a time you have to pay a fee.

A fee for more than 1 message?

That's not what i wanted to hear. I'm not interested in paying a fee for just being on a message board. :confused3

I used to use ivillage a LOT until they changed the message board format. They do have a message board for just about every subject and I have found it really usefull. I actually paid the fee for a while.

A fee for more than 1 message?

That's not what i wanted to hear. I'm not interested in paying a fee for just being on a message board. :confused3

You don't have to pay the fee, you can go from 1 to 2 messages very easily. I have been a member for years, and it never bothered me. I read one message at a time anyway.

When I was pregnant with and then gave birth to my oldest I was active on a mothers board there. In fact I started one of the boards (the first time Moms board). I went all the way from NJ to St. Louis for a meet with the women on the board. I grew away from them (as did many of the other mothers) as the children got older. I like the set up of the dis much better but ivillage is nice too.

I used to spend a lot of time on iVillage boards before I found the DIS. I was all over the place - pregnancy groups, moms groups, support groups for breastfeeding and natural childbirth without meds, debate boards etc. I loved it ... until the format changed and the boards became so much harder to read! I drifted away - it just wasn't fun anymore. A group of women from one of the moms playgroups set up their own private board, and we still post there, even after 4 years!

The community board here has replaced the general conversations and debates I used to have on iVillage.

I'm a community leader on two iVillage boards...and the sad thing is, I spend more time here.

Depending on the type of boards you are looking at, the board could be VERY slow.

You don't have to pay to post, but I believe you do need to have the "upgraded" package to read more than one post at a time. On a long thread, that can be a pain.

I didn't notice a whole lot of difference with the format changes (maybe it happened more than 3 years ago?)...but the ads on the sites KILL me! A bunch of video ads and pop-ups that eat up bandwidth and make the message boards slow to load.

You can get some good information there, and most of the community is supportive.

But for sheer volume and responsiveness, the DIS CB is better.

I HATE iVillage. Yes, you do have to pay a yearly fee if you want to see more than one message at a time. It's incrediable slow. The brds are horribly designed.

The only reason I stay is because a group of us have been "together" since our pregnancies. It was Parents Place then and WONDERFUL.

I'd try the "free" version for a while before you decide to pay. There are some WONDERFUL ladies (I've only run accross a few men). It's a shame the brds are sucky.

I'm a community leader on two iVillage boards...and the sad thing is, I spend more time here.

Depending on the type of boards you are looking at, the board could be VERY slow.

You don't have to pay to post, but I believe you do need to have the "upgraded" package to read more than one post at a time. On a long thread, that can be a pain.

I didn't notice a whole lot of difference with the format changes (maybe it happened more than 3 years ago?)...but the ads on the sites KILL me! A bunch of video ads and pop-ups that eat up bandwidth and make the message boards slow to load.

You can get some good information there, and most of the community is supportive.

But for sheer volume and responsiveness, the DIS CB is better.

The format changes I'm talking about happened in 2003 I believe, or at the latest, early 2004. The Board looked completely different before - so much more user friendly!

I use to go there every day, but now only go to the Kindergarten board. My DD is entering K and it's nice to talk to others about issues and general stuff about this exciting/anxious time.

I agree that the boards are hard to navigate and I refuse to pay a fee for a message board. If it wasn't for the Kindergarten board, I really wouldn't be there.

I used to use ivillage a LOT until they changed the message board format. They do have a message board for just about every subject and I have found it really usefull. I actually paid the fee for a while.

Me too. My board moved private after joining another board in 2003. I posted on another pregnancy board but it was during the switch time & I could never get into it.

I was posting again on yet another message board (pregnancy related) but about 25 of us moved to a private board.

It is nice if you need some stuff & if you want to pay I am sure it is better but I used to be so nice when it was Parents Place & Parents Soup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter