I've got the itch.................

disny4ever

dvc member
to go home....but the next trip is still 3 1/2 months away. will summer continue to go forward with speed so my trip comes soon or will my desire to see my home make the summer drag by.

I wanna go now !!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm as excited about going home for the first time as well! But I have to keep reminding myself that wishing away the summer only means "back to school"! We return home (realilty home) Sat. 8/23 and the kids go back to school Mon., 8/25. We pretty much have to have the backpacks all in check before we leave for WDW!

I truly never thought I would witness the day that I would LOVE being a stay-home mom during the summer months, but these past couple years, now that my girls are 13 and 8-1/2, I really enjoy the summer with them - I guess it makes me feel more valid!

Anyway, I'm excited too - just trying to keep things in perspective! ;) :rolleyes: Natt

The more you think about it the slower the days pass!! We have 4 1/2 months to go and it's hard not to think about OKW! I get out the maps every once in awhile just to look at 95 south wishing that the time had come to start to pack the car and head south!!!! How come it takes so long till you leave yet the time flys when you are there and it is over before you know it?

we just bought and had a big family trip planned in 2004 to europe. we said we would not go to 2005. but the other day my wife looks at me and says think we can squeeze in a short 5dayer in june before our other vacation I look at her and smile going june 2004:) :wave: :wave: :wave:

We return home (realilty home) Sat. 8/23 and the kids go back to school Mon., 8/25.
Wow, that is really early for a school in the Northeast! Do your schools always start before Labor Day or is this something new due to the severe winters we have been having with numerous snow days? My kids would have cardiac arrest if they had to go back to school before Labor Day, LOL!

our kids go back on 8/25 and get out later this year 6/10. I told them they were slacking and need more work. I don't believe its weather related .northeast ohio we had the second highest ever snow total for the last 100 years and had two snow days

It's funny. Since joining DVC, we now go two to three times per year. After each visit I come home and say well that's enough for now. I don't visit the boards as much. Then in about a month, I start to visit the boards more and more until I am here 5 -6 times per day and the Disney bug bites me again. I try to stop. Really. Please help me, NOT!!!!:p

Originally posted by DeeP
Wow, that is really early for a school in the Northeast! Do your schools always start before Labor Day or is this something new due to the severe winters we have been having with numerous snow days? My kids would have cardiac arrest if they had to go back to school before Labor Day, LOL!

WOW! That was my first quote!

We've been going back before Labor Day for almost 4 years now. There is another district in Delaware that is on a year round schedule, and the State is waiting a few years to see how their State Testing results compare - I'm sure it will only be a matter of time until we are on the same schedule; since I've lived here, they've installed AC in all of the older schools. I really would not mind being able to use DVC during "off" times of the year!

I do too! Have the itch I mean. We've got four long months to wait. We're going in Nov., then on to Sanibel, them back to DW in Dec. Then home for Christmas, then back to DW in Jan. , then on to Sanibel. I'm thinking about going back in Mar. on the way home, but I'm so spoiled in the off season I don't like the crowds in March. It's funny, as the time gets closer I seem to hang around the restaurant boards. Maybe I like to eat?:p

Hi,

Mom & I just joined in June & I'm ready to go to a DVC resort. I have school too. Hopefully soon!!

Allison BCV 6/03

I know that feeling! We don't return home until October!

DeeP: Our schools in Downingtown PA always start the Monday before Labor Day. Snow days are always added to the end of the year, unless they run up against the 6/30 state limit.

We got back on June 15th. We spent 7 nights at BCV and all of us are having DVC withdrawals!! At least I stay involved with these boards. We won't be going back until next May!!! Annmarie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter