"I've got a WICKED magic hangover." Trip Report ***FINISHED 12/7***

Wow! Magic moment #3 -- you lucky ducks!!! I love seeing the excitement on all of your faces!!! Too fun! So, did you take back everyone's licenses as soon as the picture was taken so they wouldn't be damaged before putting them in a scrapbook? :rotfl:

Hope you feel better soon!

:yay: :yay: That's great! First trip on the monorail and you get front car without even asking? Woo-hoo! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Can't wait to hear more...but sorry you aren't feeling well. :sick: Feel better soon! :hug:

Sara

OH man I'm getting nervous for you that you might have had rain on your MNSSHP night! Keeping me in suspense here girl. lol That picture of your DH, DS and DD with their monorail licenses is sooo cute! Feel better!!:goodvibes

I really like your trip report. It is so fun to see the world through someone's first trip. Can't wait to read more!

OH man I'm getting nervous for you that you might have had rain on your MNSSHP night! Keeping me in suspense here girl. lol That picture of your DH, DS and DD with their monorail licenses is sooo cute! Feel better!!:goodvibes

Ahhhh.... suspense!:cool2:

:yay: :yay: That's great! First trip on the monorail and you get front car without even asking? Woo-hoo! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Can't wait to hear more...but sorry you aren't feeling well. :sick: Feel better soon! :hug:

Sara

I was so much more excited then the kids, DH totally was laughing at me. :rolleyes:

Wow! Magic moment #3 -- you lucky ducks!!! I love seeing the excitement on all of your faces!!! Too fun! So, did you take back everyone's licenses as soon as the picture was taken so they wouldn't be damaged before putting them in a scrapbook? :rotfl:

Hope you feel better soon!

Why, of course!
Monorail8.jpg

:laughing:

:sick: Thanks for the well-wishes everybody! :lovestruc I've got a killer headache but the antibiotics are kickin' in. But I digress.....:scared:

Now....on with the update.....:goodvibes

********************CONT'D***************

Now, I really had no idea what to expect getting off the monorail and going into the second floor of the Grand Floridian. It was about 9:43 or something so we had to be there, like NOW, so we didn't have a lot of time to play around, but I did take pix of our entrance from the monorail, and as we waited for the elevator to go downstairs. SOOO beautiful.

CP, I def. see why Chelsea wants to stay there for her 13th birthday. The girl has impeccable taste. Just beautiful. Definitely on my "someday" list.

ParkFareB.jpg

ParkFareC.jpg

ParkFareD.jpg

We checked in, got our pagers, and decided to check out the gift shop while we waited. I really wanted a pin that said 1900 Park Fare but could find nothing so specific the entire trip. :sad1: All I can find on ebay is a button. I don't want a button- I want a pin! :snooty: Oh well.

DD & DS loved these dolls/hats.

ParkFareF.jpg

While we were in there, I picked up rain ponchos for all 4 of us. The next day was "shopping day" in the morning, and I knew that I could pick up 99cent ponchos, however, I was very worried about MNSSHP on this very evening. I decided better safe then sorry. If nothing else, they're souvies, right? :confused3 I paid for a couple other things that DH had picked out :rolleyes1 , as well as an autograph book w/photo inserts- the kids had left theirs in the car :scared: , but I decided I'd better have a nicer version anyway- cuz chances were good that there's would be lost and/or scribbled in when we got home. $72.00 later.....:scared1:

We got paged, and off we went!
Had to take the obligatory picture of the sign:

ParkFareE.jpg

And since we were starving... we got right to the food as soon as we were seated. We were seated in the first room upon entering, to the far left. We sat the kids in the aisle so that it would be easy for the characters to get to them and easy for us to take pictures.

I have to say- the food was DELICIOUS! It was always hot, plentiful, and just darn GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! It wasn't too noisy in there, and the characters were spread nicely throughout the three rooms.

I tried my hand at food pix:

ParkFareH.jpg

ParkFareI.jpg

ParkFareJ.jpg

ParkFareK.jpg

And then the characters started coming! First Pooh:

ParkFareL.jpg

The kids were kind of shy so they stayed seated for the first one, but before we left, he actually came around once more, and they got up, gave him a hug, and even mom got in on the action:

ParkFareT.jpg

ParkFareS.jpg

Next came Tigger, and the kids were so excited, they were watching him come. As I was snapping the picture below, Rachael and Ebin are discussing something amongst themselves and they both start giggling!

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"Tigger has velcro!" they reply. :eek:

"How else is he going to keep his tail out of your food?" I ask.

:rotfl2:

ParkFareM.jpg

ParkFareP.jpg

ParkFareQ.jpg

ParkFareO.jpg

***********************CONT*****************

***********************CONT*****************

Next is Mary Poppins, who asks the kids if they've tidied up their nursery. To which she is answered with stares and silence. :blush: They didn't know what to make of her!

"Well, spit-spot," she says, "Every job must be done, you just need an element of fun!"

To which my Darling Daughter says, "Cleaning is NOT fun!" :crazy2:

Oh heavens, enough conversation. My children are embarrasing me. Let's just take some pictures! :bitelip:

ParkFareV.jpg

ParkFareW.jpg

Next come the Mad Hatter, and then Alice. DH wants to ask the Mad Hatter what the sign in his hat is for. Ebin says, "It's probably a price tag!" and DH doesn't agree. Ebin won't ask FOR Dad, so I tell Dad to be a man and ask! When MH comes over, he's asked, "We were wondering what the sign is in your hat, sir." and he replies, "Well, it's a price tag of course, 10 shillings and 6 pence. But really it's a place for me to stick all my un-birthday cards!" and Ebin says, "I was RIGHT!"

Say, "Pickles!"
ParkFareR.jpg

When Alice comes over, DH wants to be in the pic as well, and I had to laugh later because my grown, 6'2" husband suddenly became so bashful and shy, with his hands first behind his back, and then shoved into his pockets. She asked him what his name was, and he says, in this whisper-y voice, "I'm sorry?" and cocks his head towards her. It was SO FUNNY! :laughing: He'd also wanted a picture with Mary but had been so lovestruck :love: that he'd just plum forgot!

ParkFareX.jpg

ParkFareY.jpg

So after that second visit with Pooh, we ate the rest of our meal, I think we did 3 refills, and off we went. Our bill, for those interested, came to $80.44 with 2 adults, 2 children, and the 20% suggested tip. The waitress was wonderful. She always checked on us. Brought extra silverwear when DD spilled hers. Kept the water filled. Wisked away our dirty. Just wonderful. Plus, we were so happy, I got excited and went for the 20% instead of the 18%. In hindsight, I guess I could've just done the 18% but the difference might not've been that much. :confused3 DH nearly passed out :faint: , but I assured him I had known it would be about that much and had budgeted for it. ::yes::

We explored just a bit before wandering out of the resort.

ParkFareDa.jpg

ParkFareDb.jpg

ParkFareZb.jpg

ParkFareZf.jpg

ParkFareZg.jpg

We loaded up onto a regular car on the monorail and headed back to the TTC to retrieve our car. The plan was to go mini-golfing at the Winter/Summerland before changing prior to MNSSHP! DH hemmed and hawed and suggested swimming instead. Which do you think the kids chose?

Swimming or Mini-golfing?

Here we are on the monorail as we decide:
ParkFareZh.jpg

And here is DH and I.... notice anything different about DH? Notice anything.... I don't know.... new? :rolleyes1
ParkFareZi.jpg

If you guessed that DH joined the lanyard gang, you are correct! :thumbsup2
DD and DS had made their very first trade with the monorail driver, Tom. None of the pix w/Tom turned out, btw, all were whited out- kinda spooky, no? And DH decided suddenly that maybe this wouldn't be a bad idea. :laughing:

And if you guessed SWIMMING, you are also correct. Leave it to kids to go for swimming any time, right? They LOVE mini-golf too so whatever. BTW, if anyone wants my 10%off coupon for the mini-golf at Disney, good until the end of this year, PM me your address and I'll send it to ya.

And another note about swimming.... it turned out not to be such a great idea.... as you'll see... in my next installment..... :cool2:

ParkFareZm.jpg

The kids @ the TTC on our way out before returning tonight for MNSSHP!

Great TR! Im joining in on the fun! Love the pics and details. You have a beautiiful family! Cant wait to read more! :surfweb: :goodvibes

Wow 1900 Park Fare looks great, thats funny that your DH was :lovestruc and since your DH and my BF are apparently a lot alike I'm sure he would have had the same reaction haha :laughing: Swimming sounds like a good choice over mini golf, I wonder why it turned out bad?

Julia, great update my friend! :goodvibes Park Fare sounds really nice for breakfast! I'm putting it on my list for next time! :goodvibes I love that your DH was drinking the lanyard kool-aid!

I think my kids would pick swimming over mini-golf too! Probably a wise choice, but I 'm not sure about your cliffhanger...:rolleyes1

It's funny when you are in the parks on the same days...and you can picture what you were doing at this same moment! :laughing:

Looking forward to more...popcorn:: popcorn::

Sara

How did I miss your link.

Oh yeah, sad post Disney depression on my part!

I'm here now. Luckily only 4 pages to catch up on and I'm current! :lmao: Great start! Lovin' all the pictures.

Your husband cracks me up. How funny that he got all shy around Alice! :rotfl:

I loved the pics of your kids in by the white car and in the carriage.. VERY NICE!

Too cute about DH and the girlies. :rotfl: Having fun being a kid at Disney! :cool1:

Looks like a great breakfast at 1900! Love how your DH went all shy around Mary Poppins and Alice!

Grand Floridian is just gorgeous, isn't it? I have always wanted to stay there which is probably why Chelsea didn't have to twist my arm too much! :rotfl:

I'm all caught up!

What great magical moments so far. 1900 Park Fare looks delightful!

I really can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Finally able to get a little time to read your last installment. It looks as if the kids had a great time....I think it is every mans dream to get attention from Alice..:lmao: some kind of childhood fantasy i do believe....
I can not wait to hear about how MNSSHP was but I am afraid we may already be on our way....so will have to catch up when we get back!!!!

How exciting to ride at the front of the monorail!!! And your first time riding too! Very magical! pixiedust:

1900 Park Faire sounds like fun! We haven't tried that one yet, but hopefully someday we'll fit it in!

Too funny that your husband ended up getting a lanyard. :laughing:

Great TR! Im joining in on the fun! Love the pics and details. You have a beautiiful family! Cant wait to read more! :surfweb: :goodvibes

:welcome: and Thanks!

Wow 1900 Park Fare looks great, thats funny that your DH was :lovestruc and since your DH and my BF are apparently a lot alike I'm sure he would have had the same reaction haha :laughing: Swimming sounds like a good choice over mini golf, I wonder why it turned out bad?

I loved it. The food was really good and it was just overall a great dining experience!

Julia, great update my friend! :goodvibes Park Fare sounds really nice for breakfast! I'm putting it on my list for next time! :goodvibes I love that your DH was drinking the lanyard kool-aid!

I think my kids would pick swimming over mini-golf too! Probably a wise choice, but I 'm not sure about your cliffhanger...:rolleyes1

It's funny when you are in the parks on the same days...and you can picture what you were doing at this same moment! :laughing:

Looking forward to more...popcorn:: popcorn::

Sara

Yes, def. must-do for your next trip. Great food, great surroundings, 5 characters... just great!

I'm looking forward to YOUR next update! popcorn::

How did I miss your link.

Oh yeah, sad post Disney depression on my part!

I'm here now. Luckily only 4 pages to catch up on and I'm current! :lmao: Great start! Lovin' all the pictures.

Your husband cracks me up. How funny that he got all shy around Alice! :rotfl:

Hi Shawna! :wave2: Yes, I myself just suffered a bad Disney depression week.
I've never taken as many pictures on any family trip or outing as this one!

Looks like a great breakfast at 1900! Love how your DH went all shy around Mary Poppins and Alice!

Grand Floridian is just gorgeous, isn't it? I have always wanted to stay there which is probably why Chelsea didn't have to twist my arm too much! :rotfl:

I just loved that resort. It's a def. must-do "someday". Maybe one of the big anniversaries.... 10 year or 15 year....

DH was really funny. :love:

I'm all caught up!
What great magical moments so far. 1900 Park Fare looks delightful!
I really can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Thanks! Although I fear I don't have enough light fixtures in my TR to keep you interested! :laughing:

Finally able to get a little time to read your last installment. It looks as if the kids had a great time....I think it is every mans dream to get attention from Alice..:lmao: some kind of childhood fantasy i do believe....
I can not wait to hear about how MNSSHP was but I am afraid we may already be on our way....so will have to catch up when we get back!!!!

Ah.... childhood fantasies... yes. DH and I were laughing @ breakfast because Alice was a couple tables over and two really tall men were standing on either side of her and went to put their arms around her waist and she made big fanfare out of putting their arms in front of them so she could then loop her arm through theirs instead. :rotfl2: Very proper!

How exciting to ride at the front of the monorail!!! And your first time riding too! Very magical! pixiedust:

1900 Park Faire sounds like fun! We haven't tried that one yet, but hopefully someday we'll fit it in!

Too funny that your husband ended up getting a lanyard. :laughing:

Yes, it was very magical! We also thought it was cool because one of the trading pins I got through ebay for Ebin was an orange monorail. He'd already decided to keep it before we rode it- but once we got to ride up front AND it was the orange monorail- he was certain this good luck was due to the pin! So that one made it to the end of the trip, untraded! :thumbsup2

I'm finally all caught up! What a great trip you guys have had so far! You almost made me cry with those first Monorail ride pictures! How sweet!! :) I noticed your DH's lanyard at breakfast time...too funny! It's cute he wanted to be in pictures with the Characters, too! Can't wait to hear about MNSSHP!!!! :thumbsup2

So we headed back to the hotel for the swim, rest, change.
I wanted to have left the hotel about 3:15 at the latest, so we could be at the gate at 4.

Here's how it actually went down:

Arrived back to the hotel: 11:30ish
Swam from 11:45ish- 1:30ish
Changed by 2ish
Everyone ate snack of PB&Js, pretzels, and juice at 2:30ish, while watching TV. Kids in their cute costumes:

WDW135.jpg

WDW136.jpg

Unfortuneately, this is the only pictures I have in the kids for the party in their costumes. Because after we loaded into the car... (late! thanks to DH messing around on the computer saying he was doing 'homework' but he was actually playing solitaire! :headache: ) at 3:45ish, they looked like this:

mnsshp1.jpg

mnsshp2.jpg

Now, once we got under the wonderful sign:

WDW1.jpg

DH suddenly gets into the left turn lane for the Hess station.

"What are you DOING?!" I squeal, looking at the 4:00 on the dashboard.
"Getting cigarettes," he says, "calm down."

I'm FUMING. By the time he gets out of the station, it's about 4:10ish. And guess what? THERE IS NO WAY TO GET BACK WHENCE WE CAME! So now we're on our way OUT of the park, almost back to World Drive, before we see a quick left turn that steers us BACK into the parking. I was MAD. THEN he turns into the WRONG parking, the AAA & disability parking, because he's not paying attention to signs- AGAIN :scared:.

We are quite irritated with each other by the time we pull into the parking spot. Some 45 MINUTES AFTER WE GOT THERE TO BEGIN WITH.

"45 minutes for a pack of cigarettes." I say. "Nice."

I won't tell you what he snapped back at me. :sad2:

So now we rise our children. They are not happy. That whole swimming thing? No, def. not a good idea. They are exhausted. And now they are hot ini their costumes and proclaim to me they need to change. I plea to them to at least wait until we get to the TTC and maybe they will change their minds.

Well, we never did get that rain that night, even though I had those darn ponchos in my bag now. And it was HOT. Like, 95 hot. And humid. I don't think it got that hot all summer in Illinois. :sad2: So the costumes were rolled up in mom's bag, and reg. clothes changed into. I don't know how some people walked around in the costumes they did. It was so darn hot for that! I mean, I was wearing a skirt, flip-flops, and a tee shirt and I was comfortable.

They are cranky on the monorail, but Dad and I are excited! :rotfl2: We tell them we could get them a baby-sitter and go by ourselves! They don't like that idea.

mnsshp4.jpg

mnsshp5.jpg

So, I was pretty irritated before this point, I must say. I mean, we arrive into the parking lot about 4:45, and not to the front gate until about... I don't know... 5:10ish! In my head, I'm calculating that by the time we get to City Hall to get our buttons, down Main Street, have photopass taken, and over to Tommorowland to do Buzz (which Ebin has chosen as the First Ride), it will be 6 already! Two hours WASTED. #1 because DH wouldn't get his butt moving. #2 because he made a cigarette run that turned into a 45 minute mess. :headache: :headache:

But I have to tell you- I pulled it together. :goodvibes Everytime those thoughts shoved their way into my head, I PUSHED them out, determined NOT to be mad during our magical day. MY magical day. And I think I only reminded DH of his flaws..... 2 or 3 more times. Ok, maybe 4. At most. :upsidedow But getting to the Magic Kingdom can generally make anyone less mad, dontchathink?

Getting our bracelets:

WDW110.jpg

Ebin kept touching this guys hat while he was putting on his sister's bracelet. I thought it was so funny.

WDW112.jpg

In front of the entrance:

WDW115.jpg

Warning: Do not attempt to haul yourself up onto that wall if you have passed your twenties. It nearly killed me.

WDW113.jpg

WDW114.jpg

Next up: Our first view EVER of Main Street, USA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter