I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenney just announced that Alberta has hit 70.2% first vaccinations yesterday, so we'll be officially ending the majority of mandates on July 1! There's still quarantine if you test positive, and possible masking in extended care facilities, but for the most part, we're back to 'normal' on July 1 - perfect timing as we'll be going camping that weekend.

Cannot wait for my second shot tomorrow - it's just icing on the cake.

So I’m glad I had the day off today . I felt off and had a headache today . I took a nap about three hours after getting up and I slept like the dead . Such a deep sleep . This afternoon I I cleaned and made dinner and took the dog to the vet , I wasn’t too bad with some Tylenol . Then tonight came and I currently feel pretty bad. I reacted pretty poorly to my first dose ( Astra Zeneca) , this one ( Pfizer ) is pretty rough too . I’m just weepy and my head hurts and my body aches .

Still totally worth it in every way ! What’s a few days of discomfort compared to protecting myself and others and getting some freedom back ?!

I heard this morning on the radio that with people jumping from the Provincial system to pharmacies and back that approx 20% of appointments become no shows. Please if you have more than appointment booked, remember to cancel your other appointment once you get your jab. There are lots of people out there still desperately searching for an appointment.

Don't worry, I would cancel. It's not til September anyways.

I was up early and out walking. I ran into a neighbour who just told me a story I couldn't believe. Our local Indpendent/Shoppers Drug Mart (both) had given out first shots. Those who got theirs there were told they would be contacted when it was time for a second dose (ie me).

Apparently not, despite the fact that I received an email (on Wednesday) stating I would be contacted, you have to physically go in and sign up for a shot (waitlist). These two stores (at least) in my neighbourhood are not using the online system anymore to contact people. This information has not been widely publicized.

Several of my neighbours found out about this and signed up (in store) they had their shots within a day or two. One person signed up at 8am and had his shot the same day.

If you have children (grown or otherwise) who will qualify for their shots in the coming weeks keep this avenue in mind. Check and see what the "new" policy may be at your local pharmacy.

I was up early and out walking. I ran into a neighbour who just told me a story I couldn't believe. Our local Indpendent/Shoppers Drug Mart (both) had given out first shots. Those who got theirs there were told they would be contacted when it was time for a second dose (ie me).

Apparently not, despite the fact that I received an email (on Wednesday) stating I would be contacted, you have to physically go in and sign up for a shot (waitlist). These two stores (at least) in my neighbourhood are not using the online system anymore to contact people. This information has not been widely publicized.

Several of my neighbours found out about this and signed up (in store) they had their shots within a day or two. One person signed up at 8am and had his shot the same day.

If you have children (grown or otherwise) who will qualify for their shots in the coming weeks keep this avenue in mind. Check and see what the "new" policy may be at your local pharmacy.
It’s true. Right or wrong, one needs to be proactive in securing the shot. I was on perhaps sixty waitlists from pharmacies. Only heard back from two. You can’t wait to be contacted. I heard about 120 doses coming to a drugstore via Vaccine Hunters. Called the Shoppers and booked dh in the next day. He was not on their list. I got my second by contacting a small pharmacy who let me know when they had doses in. It’s like the Hunger Games out there.

Interesting to hear that my neighbourhood Shoppers Drug Mart isn’t the only one doing this. The pharmacist/owner belongs to my community Facebook group and recently announced he is no longer using the online booking system for vaccine appts.

He announced the number of doses he was getting midweek and said he will book all appts from our FB group member requests. I know this weekend, he is fully booked for AZ second doses and Pfizer first/second, based on provincial guidelines.

So good idea to check, there may be other Shoppers Drug Marts in your area that have changed their vaccine booking methods.

Our Shopper's where we got our first AZ shots did eventually contact us (by phone) but not until we had already had our second Pfizer shots at Sobeys.

I also got contacted by Metro where I had been on a waiting list.

Like quandrea said, you really have to be proactive.

Our Halton booking site has been awesome with spaces becoming available. My daughter was able to snag an earlier appt for a second shot yesterday at 4 from the last minute pile that became available. You've got to keep looking.

Our Shopper's where we got our first AZ shots did eventually contact us (by phone) but not until we had already had our second Pfizer shots at Sobeys.

I also got contacted by Metro where I had been on a waiting list.

Like quandrea said, you really have to be proactive.

Our Halton booking site has been awesome with spaces becoming available. My daughter was able to snag an earlier appt for a second shot yesterday at 4 from the last minute pile that became available. You've got to keep looking.
How do you check for a last minute appt? Do you have to do the "reschedule" and wait for the email then try to get in to the system or does it say there are spots before you go through that process?

How do you check for a last minute appt? Do you have to do the "reschedule" and wait for the email then try to get in to the system or does it say there are spots before you go through that process?

In the Halton system, once you’re booked you request a reschedule link and it sends you an email.

Then you use that link to check for updated appointments but it keeps your original booking unless you get something else

You can keep that tab open and just keep checking. Your reschedule link is good for 24 hours.

You've got to be really fast. Often you'll click on something but it will be gone by the time you fill things out.

Last edited:
Peel Region update
Peel Public Health says as of Monday, adults in the region, 18 years and older, will receive the Moderna vaccine only due to a province-wide Pfizer shipment delay.

Peel Region to offer Moderna vaccine to adults 18 and older as of Monday
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...lder-as-of-monday/ar-AALe4nk?ocid=hplocalnews
Those aged 12-17 remain exempt from this change and will be vaccinated with remaining doses of Pfizer.

For a little context, Canada is receiving 6.6M doses of Moderna next week, and the same 2.4M doses of Pfizer we’ve been getting weekly:
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...vid-19-vaccine-treatment/vaccine-rollout.html
Since for now 12-17 year olds can only take Pfizer, and mixing is allowed, most people 18+ will be steered towards Moderna. We’re also getting lower Pfizer shipments the first two weeks of July so Moderna will be our majority supply for 4 weeks or so.

DH and I both got our invites to book our second shots this morning!! Woohoo, we're both booked for next Sunday afternoon!!!! :cheer2:
Our Shopper's contacted me today to book my second dose, but I'm already booked with the regional system. I could get it a week earlier, but that's 11 weeks, instead of the 12 I'd get with the regional system. Does a week make a difference? I'd book it in a heartbeat if it meant I could give my region time to my son who still has to wait until mid-July for his second shot. But with my luck, my cancellation would not coincide with his rescheduling fast enough for him to get the appointment.

Our Shopper's contacted me today to book my second dose, but I'm already booked with the regional system. I could get it a week earlier, but that's 11 weeks, instead of the 12 I'd get with the regional system. Does a week make a difference? I'd book it in a heartbeat if it meant I could give my region time to my son who still has to wait until mid-July for his second shot. But with my luck, my cancellation would not coincide with his rescheduling fast enough for him to get the appointment.
there's apparently no discernable difference between 10 and 12 weeks. Me? 1st available shot goes into my arm once the 10 week mark passed, TOMORROW for us! And we're exactly at 11 weeks for what it's worth.

I got my Pfizer today, follow up to AZ which I got about 8 weeks ago? I'm fine with that, I am happy to be done and honestly just rather have both doses than wonder if I'll be able to book at 12 weeks. Now just worry about when kiddo can get his, hope I don't have to wait until December on it. He keeps asking me what the difference is between 11 1/2 and 12. Hopefully they'll come out with something for him sooner than later.

I got my Pfizer today, follow up to AZ which I got about 8 weeks ago? I'm fine with that, I am happy to be done and honestly just rather have both doses than wonder if I'll be able to book at 12 weeks. Now just worry about when kiddo can get his, hope I don't have to wait until December on it. He keeps asking me what the difference is between 11 1/2 and 12. Hopefully they'll come out with something for him sooner than later.

See you are getting closer.
1624228099025.png Cruise Vaccine FP+
Hugs Hon

DH, DD30 and I all got our second Pfizer shot yesterday. The nurse explained that a lot of people have experienced ‘worse’ side effects than their first shot.

So far today my arm is a little sorer than my first shot, but that’s it. DH says his arm is sore, be he feels generally the same as me. DD30 had a headache last night, went to her dad’s for Father’s Day brunch this am, then back home to bed, pretty much the same as her first shot.

All in all easy peasy, and now can’t wait for the Canada Day long weekend to be ‘fully‘ vaccinated and the Alberta mandates to be lifted!

Peel Region update
Peel Public Health says as of Monday, adults in the region, 18 years and older, will receive the Moderna vaccine only due to a province-wide Pfizer shipment delay.

Peel Region to offer Moderna vaccine to adults 18 and older as of Monday
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/cana...lder-as-of-monday/ar-AALe4nk?ocid=hplocalnews
Those aged 12-17 remain exempt from this change and will be vaccinated with remaining doses of Pfizer.
Same in London/Middlesex (and I assume Southwestern since they share the same booking platform)

I’m feeling completely fine today and yesterday after getting my Pfizer shot Thursday evening. I felt under the weather on Friday but that was it . My first shot was AZ and I felt way worse with that one. Im grateful to be fully vaccinated. Just ds17 left to go for his second dose. He had his first May 31st so he has a little while to go yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!