I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an aside, I stalk that vaccine tracker multiple times a day, I just love seeing that percentage go up and up. It basically goes up about 1% or so a day, which doesn't sound like a lot but if you think about it, it's at just over 23% right now (and yes I know that's only the percentage, mostly, of people who have received ONE dose only) but think about where that % will be in mid June. These days I'll take any good news I can get. Less Moderna but more Pfizer, ok, good news!
Lol...nice to hear someone else does this. I am a spreadsheet lover...so I also track covid cases, but then also the good side with vaccine distribution in Canada, Ontario and then even Florida and New Jersey (for hopes of travel at some point). It's sad though of how far behind we are compared to say Florida . Canada is doing much better though taking now 1 or 2 days to increase a % vs much longer of 5 or 8 days back in early March.

Lol...nice to hear someone else does this. I am a spreadsheet lover...so I also track covid cases, but then also the good side with vaccine distribution in Canada, Ontario and then even Florida and New Jersey (for hopes of travel at some point). It's sad though of how far behind we are compared to say Florida . Canada is doing much better though taking now 1 or 2 days to increase a % vs much longer of 5 or 8 days back in early March.

I've got it bookmarked and check it a lot too. At least it is some positive progress.

Last edited:
My 34 yearold daughter is a contract essential worker who works and lives in Ontario hotspot. She made an appt at a mass vaccination site that was open to everyone 18 and up. On the day of her appt her boss would not let her leave work to get the shot due to staffing issues. The clinic was only 10 minutes away! She has no paid sick days.

My 34 yearold daughter is a contract essential worker who works and lives in Ontario hotspot. She made an appt at a mass vaccination site that was open to everyone 18 and up. On the day of her appt her boss would not let her leave work to get the shot due to staffing issues. The clinic was only 10 minutes away! She has no paid sick days.

This is one of the major complaints of doctors right now as it relates to sick days and essential workers.

That’s just so upsetting and a perfect example of the choices people are forced to make every day to put food on their table and pay their bills at the expense of their health and their families. It’s not right and it’s not fair and it shouldn’t be happening.

Mobile clinics would be a godsend for these kinds of situations and I hope we are working on them . Bringing the vaccine to the parking lots of work places would be a big help. Hopefully our province will reconsider the offer and accept help with Red Cross mobile vaccine clinics .

Last edited:

WOW
I am so sorry when a young person is showing great responsibility for herself and her fellow workers / community that an idiot *boss* would do something like this.
I would hate to be the said owner / CEO of that company when *Twitter* gets a hold of this story.
1618760518734.png
Something like this could easily destroy a company's reputation overnight.

I say make a new appointment and call in sick and take the day ,,sad that she will have to eat that day but at least she will get her shot.

And I agree with Pigletto that we should reconsider help from the Red Cross for mobile vaccine distribution ,,,I know GTA / Peel does not have all the help we need.

Hugs from another mom who is also feeling the worry over a essential worker working without the vaccine in a hotspot.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

I'm sorry but that just makes me so angry!!! It's better to be short staffed because your employee is getting vaccinated vs being short staffed because the same employee is now sick with Covid!! I'm so upset for her 😢

I told my Daughter to keep trying and to give her boss as much notice as possible.
Does she work on Saturdays? I got my appointment on a Saturday. I am glad that I do not have to take a day off work once it’s hard to lose a day of teaching in quadmesters which go so much faster than semesters. Losing a day is like losing three days of teaching.

OMG!!!
Oldest son (essential worker ,,works in a hot spot area ) didn't want me to get my hopes up so he didn't tell me until he was on his was to get the shot.
Got it at 5 pm today.:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:
Pfizer
Second appointment scheduled for Aug 8th.
Whew what a relief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs
Mel

WOW
I am so sorry when a young person is showing great responsibility for herself and her fellow workers / community that an idiot *boss* would do something like this.
I would hate to be the said owner / CEO of that company when *Twitter* gets a hold of this story.
View attachment 569067
Something like this could easily destroy a company's reputation overnight.

I say make a new appointment and call in sick and take the day ,,sad that she will have to eat that day but at least she will get her shot.

And I agree with Pigletto that we should reconsider help from the Red Cross for mobile vaccine distribution ,,,I know GTA / Peel does not have all the help we need.

Hugs from another mom who is also feeling the worry over a essential worker working without the vaccine in a hotspot.

Hugs
Mel
Thanks, I told her make an appt and tell your boss you need the day off and Dad and Mom will cover your wages for the day.

OMG!!!
Oldest son (essential worker ,,works in a hot spot area ) didn't want me to get my hopes up so he didn't tell me until he was on his was to get the shot.
Got it at 5 pm today.:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:
Pfizer
Second appointment scheduled for Aug 8th.
Whew what a relief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs
Mel
Thats great news!

It’s truly a conundrum. Personally, I lean towards having wanted Pfizer or Moderna based on efficacy, but not due to any fear whatsoever about medical complications. I’m getting AZ on Monday since it is possible that my age group (55 - 64) will never be offered anything else, especially now that Moderna has announced they won’t be supplying us properly again until July. (SMH on the whole vaccine supply issue). :sad2:
I wouldn't worry too much about the efficacy figures either. Pfizer and Moderna were tested during the earlier stages if COVID before variants were circulating. AZ's numbers suffered a bit from testing during the initial wave of the variants. IRL they probably have very similar effectiveness across the full range of possible variants of the virus. The big number for AZ that is most impressive is the 100% effective at preventing death (from COVID that is, it does not convey immortality :rolleyes:).

Due to vaccine hesitancy and preference, many AZ appointment spots are getting unfilled in pharmacy. These vaccines also have a very fast expiration date. Then there are younger people begging to get them but still cannot not. I am glad to see the government is trying to fix this mismatch.

Breaking news from. CP24 that Ontario lowering AZ age to 40 effective Tuesday.
Whaaaaat?!?!?!
I swear to god I will do anything to be on that list !!!! Sign me up .. I am SO ready to do my part .
Just to give an idea of how completely Covid fatigued I am .. your post has tears running down my face . Just because there’s a freaking chance I can get a vaccine and get closer to maybe hugging my parents again or having my adult daughter in my home again or getting some life back !! :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter