I've been bitten by the Disney bug....PTR October 2011 We Leave Tomorrow! 10-20-11

I got my Disney Apples to Apples and my Baby Jogger Double City Mini stroller in this week and I couldn't be happier!

Disney Apples to Apples: We played this tonight and it was so much fun for all of us! Kevin, Isaac, Ava and myself played while Violet had fun taking all of the extra cards and seeing how big of a mess she could make :) It is really a great game for us! Even Ava can play (because there are pictures on the cards) and she understood the object of the game. My favorite part of the game is that the cards even have attractions on them from WDW. So far I have seen It's A Small World, Space Mountain & Haunted Mansion. I really appreciate that it is truly all things Disney.

My NEW STROLLER!: I was so excited when I found out that my stroller was going to arrive two weeks earlier than I thought! The plan today was to go for a walk and see how she handled, but the rain spoiled that plan. So plan #2 was load the kids up in it, and drive it through the house. They had fun riding around in it and I had fun seeing how easily it handled. I am hooked and can't wait for the rain to go away so I can take my kiddos for a walk :cool1:

Glad you had fun playing Apples To Apples, my kids get super excited when they have a card that is a Disneyworld attraction. So exciting about your new stroller. Have fun testing it out!!

I have a little life update to tell you guys about!! My best friend and I decided at the beginning of this year that we wanted to take the real estate licensure courses. We had class for three hours on Mondays and Wednesdays for 9 weeks. We finished up those classes last week, and headed north for 2 1/2 hours to Indianapolis today to take our State Exam. I am very happy to announce that we both passed and have already found a Broker to work with!! :banana: I am very excited to get back into the work force after being home for the last three years. The great thing about selling real estate is that I can do most of the work from my house and will only need to go to the office as needed. I really feel like it will be the best of both worlds for me :cool1:

So now that I'm finished studying, it's time to get caught up on all of my threads I'm subscribed to that I've been missing out on :)

Congrats on passing your exam!!! :banana:
Thanks for the review of Apples to Apples. That sounds like something we'd enjoy playing.

Amanda

Your trip sounds great! You guys are gonna have the best time ever. Believe it or not last year when we went to Disney World (our first time) was my first time flying, too. I was 41. You will do fine. I told my son and my husband the fact that I didn't run up and down the aisles screaming was a really good sign. LOL

Your trip sounds great! You guys are gonna have the best time ever. Believe it or not last year when we went to Disney World (our first time) was my first time flying, too. I was 41. You will do fine. I told my son and my husband the fact that I didn't run up and down the aisles screaming was a really good sign. LOL

That's too funny :lmao: I think my kids are looking forward to the plane as much as they are Disney :)

Congrats on passing your real estate exam! Good luck with your new career.

I'm going to check out the Disney Apples to Apples; I think DD and DS would love it!

Congrats on getting your RE license! :thumbsup2 I got mine last year and have been working part time and mostly working from home. I've now realized how hard it is trying to only work part time and all of the fees involved with the business are drowning me :lmao: So I might put mine inactive for a little while until I can go to work full time. I'm sure you will love it! It's a good, flexible business, good luck!!!! :cool1:

Um, yeah, I could have told you that wearing gloves is a must! :laughing: I never tried RIT dye, we used dye from Dharma Trading Co. online, it is VERY brilliant...but, you MUST leave it to set for 24 hours! Believe me, I know the torture, I watch the clock, but it has to be done. I promise you will be rewarded for your patience with bright, dark, tie dye! I'm glad your mickeyhead came out well. We always have good luck with ours as well, but my friend is the queen of baste stitching, so I think that's why!

I will have to check out the Apples to Apples! We have the Jr. and regular version, but a Disney version?!?!? that sounds great!

Congrats on your license!!! :cheer2:

Congrats on getting your RE license! :thumbsup2 I got mine last year and have been working part time and mostly working from home. I've now realized how hard it is trying to only work part time and all of the fees involved with the business are drowning me :lmao: So I might put mine inactive for a little while until I can go to work full time. I'm sure you will love it! It's a good, flexible business, good luck!!!! :cool1:

Thanks! I'm definitely learning how expensive it is! :scared1: I am actually working as a team with my best friend so I'm hoping we can work out a good system and split the duties. We already have a few people wanting to use us just waiting to get that official license in the mail!

Um, yeah, I could have told you that wearing gloves is a must! :laughing: I never tried RIT dye, we used dye from Dharma Trading Co. online, it is VERY brilliant...but, you MUST leave it to set for 24 hours! Believe me, I know the torture, I watch the clock, but it has to be done. I promise you will be rewarded for your patience with bright, dark, tie dye! I'm glad your mickeyhead came out well. We always have good luck with ours as well, but my friend is the queen of baste stitching, so I think that's why!

I will have to check out the Apples to Apples! We have the Jr. and regular version, but a Disney version?!?!? that sounds great!

Congrats on your license!!! :cheer2:

My hands are finally back to normal :cool1: I'll have to look up that dye. I just don't know if I have enough patience to wait that long. :rotfl:

Glad you had fun playing Apples To Apples, my kids get super excited when they have a card that is a Disneyworld attraction. So exciting about your new stroller. Have fun testing it out!!

Our new stroller is AMAZING! Even Isaac who is almost 7 can ride in it. It's so easy to push, and very light for a double stroller. I highly recommend it!

Congrats on passing your exam!!! :banana:
Thanks for the review of Apples to Apples. That sounds like something we'd enjoy playing.

Amanda
We LOVE our Apples to Apples. It's a lot of fun with the whole family. Even Violet (2) has fun looking at our discard cards.

Congrats on passing your exam!:thumbsup2:woohoo:

Thanks! I'm super excited to get started!

Congrats on passing your real estate exam! Good luck with your new career.

I'm going to check out the Disney Apples to Apples; I think DD and DS would love it!

Thanks! & definitely look in to Apples to Apples. It's so much fun!

Hey guys, it has been a crazy busy summer so far and I can't believe it's July! I've had Disney in the back of mind the whole time though and I've found some really great stuff for our trip. Here's a few pics of some of the things I've bought.

2011-06-14_18-18-58_155.jpg

I bought these at the Disney Store. They are really cute and have water and glitter going up the sides. I'll keep these in our room and let the kids use them there. Cost: Under $3 each.

2011-06-14_18-21-58_204.jpg

Next up are:
Lady, Minnie & Perry for $5 each from the Disney Store. I plan to give these to the kids when we get on the plane.

Hand Pump Misters. I bought these for $2.50 each at Target. I haven't tested them out yet, but they look like they'll get the job done to me :)

Sunglasses from the Dollar Bin at Target

Phineas & Ferb toy from the Disney Store for $2.97. I plan to have some surprises for the kids a few of the mornings and this will be one of them for DS.

I'll work on pics of the many Disney shirts that I've been buying. I'm always on the lookout for deals and sales. I also took advantage of the online Disney Store sale yesterday and got some clearance items with an Extra 40% off!!

Hi! Joining in. We are going in October as well. Congratulations on your RE license!

Just wanted to say my kiddos have done the passports (homemade) and Kim Possible missions and loved them. This year I would like to make Food & Wine passports to try to get them to taste foods from different countries and they really want to do another Kim Possible mission!

Can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

Hi! Joining in. We are going in October as well. Congratulations on your RE license!

Just wanted to say my kiddos have done the passports (homemade) and Kim Possible missions and loved them. This year I would like to make Food & Wine passports to try to get them to taste foods from different countries and they really want to do another Kim Possible mission!

Can't wait to hear more! popcorn::

Thanks and Welcome! :cheer2:

Great idea about the Food & Wine Passports. I haven't heard that one yet!

So I have been watching the clearance and sales racks very closely and I almost have enough Disney clothes for the whole family to wear something Disney every day!

The most successful spot for me has been Wal-Mart. I have gotten several T-shirts there for only $5!
2011-06-14_18-24-06_122.jpg

Here is one of my favorites....Lady & the Tramp :)

2011-06-14_18-24-25_384.jpg

Like this one too! Again only $5!

2011-06-14_18-25-19_956.jpg

Got this one from the Disney Store for DD. I think it was $9.

2011-06-14_18-23-03_45.jpg

This is for DS. It's from the Disney Store too. I'm thinking it was around $5.

Lots more to come later!

Great finds on the clothes and toys! :thumbsup2 I really like the one for DS and the striped Mickey T!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter