It's the Sling ...... Again

I think you mean tote/beach bags based on cc status... or, was there ever another version of the slings prior to the current never-ending ones?
Nope. They had colored ones for a bit.

Attachments

• 81309DC5-051F-42E6-866D-25A64406FC53.jpeg
    81309DC5-051F-42E6-866D-25A64406FC53.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 25
Wow. What year did the CC color sling bags come out? We've been cruising since 2009 and haven't seen this sling.
I wish I could remember! Our first cruise was 2008… the red and black bag was our first. Then the backpack, iirc?? Thinking this maybe came after the color specific tote bag someone posted up thread but before the burlap tote bag? But I’m really not sure…

Just thought to check when our first cruise was as gold- it was in 2015 so we received it sometime around or after then:)

Ugh…annoying. Not surprising, but annoying. They date back to 2017, no?

We got them in 2016 on our last DCL cruise for sure if not one before that. I was a darker blue however so at least they changed the color. The beach tote bags were more useful and we even saw multiple families using the DCL tote bags on our Celebrity cruise. We never got the beach towels, but the best bag had a round bottom was red and black, that works perfect for snorkel gear, 3 sets including fins. The sling bags were donated once we got home.

As the UK Staycation cruises are now more than half way through, a crew member told me that they were now getting guests returning after initially experiencing DCL from the first few staycation cruises. An assistant server who we have kept in touch with informed us whilst we were onboard that one family had fallen in love with DCL just from the Staycation cruises and were completing their 9th cruise!! Hopefully the sling bags will get used up very soon!! 🤞

They are missing a golden opportunity to give out some cute cloth branded DCL masks. Cheap to make and actually practical!

As the UK Staycation cruises are now more than half way through, a crew member told me that they were now getting guests returning after initially experiencing DCL from the first few staycation cruises. An assistant server who we have kept in touch with informed us whilst we were onboard that one family had fallen in love with DCL just from the Staycation cruises and were completing their 9th cruise!! Hopefully the sling bags will get used up very soon!! 🤞
I wouldn't bet on it--the cruises are still going on reduced capacity and frankly I don't think they are even selling out the limited capacity they have. We just booked a cruise in October and had our choice of very good rooms that would have been hard to get pre-Covid and even got main dining less than a month out! That's unheard of. They are just not processing anywhere close to the number of guests they used to. I expect the sling bags are with us for a while longer :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter