It's the Sling ...... Again

Some years ago we got a full-sized DCL backpack with net water bottle holders on each side. Mine is beat up and falling apart. I have two sling bags and they just don't do the job. Hope the mouse gifts us a new, real backpack in November on the Dream.

Me too. I have found them to be far more functional than the sling. Wonder how much a tote would auction for?
I've been on 4 cruises and have 3 of the totes, and no sling, so was looking forward to the sling. It looks like an easy grab n go. What is it about the sling that folks dont like?

I've been on 4 cruises and have 3 of the totes, and no sling, so was looking forward to the sling. It looks like an easy grab n go. What is it about the sling that folks dont like?

One thing is that it's not very big. And another, we've been on 10 cruises and I have 4 in the closet plus given away one or two. Just tired of the same old thing ...Sling. The photo has my New Balance shoes (size 9.5). There's not much room for anything like a beach towel. I could fit a tablet in it but not a laptop.

sling.jpg

The very first time I used it when boarding a ship the strap broke. They aren't made to last.

They really need to retire the sling and come out with something new but God only knows what sort of backlog of sling bags they have just hanging out in a warehouse right now. I have four of them now. I actually wish I had one of the totes with the rope handle. Those were quite nice.

Maybe they should offer more than one per stateroom to help get rid of their stock. Considering everyone in a room may qualify as silver or higher status it actually seems strange to me that they only give one per room anyways.

They really need to retire the sling and come out with something new but God only knows what sort of backlog of sling bags they have just hanging out in a warehouse right now. I have four of them now. I actually wish I had one of the totes with the rope handle. Those were quite nice.

Two-three years ago I remember our SR attendant told us DCL purchased 2 million(!!) sling bags and that they still had a lot left.. but if they didn't purchase any more since, I figure they should be running low. Hopefully they have some other "gift" in mind if/when they run out.

Maybe they should offer more than one per stateroom to help get rid of their stock. Considering everyone in a room may qualify as silver or higher status it actually seems strange to me that they only give one per room anyways.

i don’t know what to do with one let alone 3.. so no thanks

They could give us a set of the reusable bags so we can have something to put our on board store purchases in. Comical last time when I said no thanks to buying a bag after spending a couple hundred dollars on items and lugged an armful of stuffed animals, shirts, etc. back to the room. If they're going green, the merchandise costs enough to throw in the bag and still be profitable on their end in my humble opinion.

They could give us a set of the reusable bags so we can have something to put our on board store purchases in. Comical last time when I said no thanks to buying a bag after spending a couple hundred dollars on items and lugged an armful of stuffed animals, shirts, etc. back to the room. If they're going green, the merchandise costs enough to throw in the bag and still be profitable on their end in my humble opinion.

I know its frustrating onboard with no complimentary shopping bags....but, the other day I went to our local Disney Store that was closing and snagged a DCL robe for $30 and some costumes for the grandkids. Everything was at least 60% off. They were selling their blue reusable bags for cents.....the CM was pushing them saying a case of 100 is only $6.00....so I now am the proud owner of a case of 100 large Disney Store blue reusable shopping bags. I am a sucker for a "deal" LOL!! I will be bringing some onboard with me to use in the shops. Saw people selling them on EBay for like $4.50 each....crazy!

I know its frustrating onboard with no complimentary shopping bags....but, the other day I went to our local Disney Store that was closing and snagged a DCL robe for $30 and some costumes for the grandkids. Everything was at least 60% off. They were selling their blue reusable bags for cents.....the CM was pushing them saying a case of 100 is only $6.00....so I now am the proud owner of a case of 100 large Disney Store blue reusable shopping bags. I am a sucker for a "deal" LOL!! I will be bringing some onboard with me to use in the shops. Saw people selling them on EBay for like $4.50 each....crazy!

View attachment 604981

View attachment 604982

that so would be us…

i guess i didn't buy enough bags at our local Disney store because it closed as well. think it was a victim of COVID. outlet mall is now missing every other store it seems.

i guess i didn't buy enough bags at our local Disney store because it closed as well. think it was a victim of COVID. outlet mall is now missing every other store it seems.
I didn't realize our Disney Store in the mall closed last May because I haven't been in there in probably 2 years. Way too much online shopping at shopDisney for my excuse the store closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter