It's so hot out that...

Along the lines of frying an egg on the sidewalk when I was a kid a friend and me crumbled a butter cookie added a little bit of water but in a kids toy baking dish and left it in the sun all day and it really did bake. Became like a little cake. That was fun

Currently in LA. Its so hot that my friends thought I was crying. Nope, my eyes were watering because my sunscreen was melting off my face and running into my eyes and stinging like hell 8-)
Is it true that Irish people burn easier than most Europeans? Not trying to be funny but that’s what I’ve heard. If so, does Ireland sell better sunscreen that protects better for the LA sun/hot weather?

Is it true that Irish people burn easier than most Europeans? Not trying to be funny but that’s what I’ve heard. If so, does Ireland sell better sunscreen that protects better for the LA sun/hot weather?
Yes and Yes

I had this conversation a few years ago with a California friend. She was very interested in my sunscreen, the ingredients and how well it worked. Ireland does not get a lot of sunshine, vitamin D deficiency is very common, so our skin is very white and not used to sun exposure.

I have used this brand for over 10 years and have never had any sunburn.

boots-soltan-soltan-once-face-advanced-8hr-protect-lotion-spf50_front_photo_original.jpeg

Yes and Yes

I had this conversation a few years ago with a California friend. She was very interested in my sunscreen, the ingredients and how well it worked. Ireland does not get a lot of sunshine, vitamin D deficiency is very common, so our skin is very white and not used to sun exposure.

I have used this brand for over 10 years and have never had any sunburn.

View attachment 679546
Thanks for the response. I hope you are having a pleasant time in America. :-)

Last edited:

So there's a running thread in the camping forum titled "What's the weather like where you live". I always post a photo of my desk weather station and an OTWWF (Out The Window Weather Forecast). As an example, here's last week....
View attachment 679528
View attachment 679531

Welcome to Central Florida!
what a beautiful outdoors space and view. (I'm jealous of your 73 degrees inside - my AC works great the rest of the time, but from around 2-7pm daily from June to Oct, it will only cool down to 79 degrees tops unless it's cloudy outside.)

what a beautiful outdoors space and view. (I'm jealous of your 73 degrees inside - my AC works great the rest of the time, but from around 2-7pm daily from June to Oct, it will only cool down to 79 degrees tops unless it's cloudy outside.)
Thanks! I attribute the inside temp to the house being built to the latest hurricane code. Eight inch foam filled block and stucco. Ten foot ceilings and a lot of empty attic space. Hurricane windows are thick as can be, and really heavy. I only have one exterior door and it's insulated fiberglass. Those glass doors in the picture are triple pane sliders. When the power got knocked out for 8 days from Irma, the house only got up to 83°.

Thanks! I attribute the inside temp to the house being built to the latest hurricane code. Eight inch foam filled block and stucco. Ten foot ceilings and a lot of empty attic space. Hurricane windows are thick as can be, and really heavy. I only have one exterior door and it's insulated fiberglass. Those glass doors in the picture are triple pane sliders. When the power got knocked out for 8 days from Irma, the house only got up to 83°.
wow. impressive. Mine is the opposite - 90s house original builder grade everything, aka the cheapest materials possible. Not sure what will be left of it after the next cat 3 -5 hurricane, but budget doesn't allow significant upgrades at the moment. We'll probably be selling within the next couple of years.

It has been so hot here recently (not today fortunately) that for a moment I wished for Fall weather but only for a moment! ;) :sunny:
This is how I feel but I'm not joking LOL It's so hot where I live that whenever I go to take my dogs out, I'm wishing that it was fall already. Summer is my least favorite season and I wish we can just move on over to fall/Halloween time already. 🎃

This is how I feel but I'm not joking LOL It's so hot where I live that whenever I go to take my dogs out, I'm wishing that it was fall already. Summer is my least favorite season and I wish we can just move on over to fall/Halloween time already. 🎃
I'd give anything to have a 2nd season - it's summer year round in FL

The cicadas are driving me crazy! Still over 100 degrees, but the monsoon is firing up, so it's no longer a "dry heat". Yuck. Still no big storms though.
We’ve had monsoon storms the last 3 or 4 days. Good for the watershed but not the areas that had fires last year, Flagstaff has had flooding already. ☹️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!