IT'S OPEN!!!!! (Big River Grille returning to the Boardwalk!!!!!)

20-year BWV owners. We had a really bad experience there very early on (brought our guests there for lunch, family with young kids ). The strong smell of beer and walking on very sticky beer-covered floors from the night before was highly unpleasant.

Didn’t go back again until about 2 years ago, also for lunch. Much better experience, and had one of the best Cobb salads I’ve ever had in my entire life! Looking forward to returning in the fall 😊

20-year BWV owners. We had a really bad experience there very early on (brought our guests there for lunch, family with young kids ). The strong smell of beer and walking on very sticky beer-covered floors from the night before was highly unpleasant.

Didn’t go back again until about 2 years ago, also for lunch. Much better experience, and had one of the best Cobb salads I’ve ever had in my entire life! Looking forward to returning in the fall 😊
Several years ago we had a terrible experience there for dinner. We waited and waited to be seated at an outside table and saw many other guests being seated who showed up after us. We went to the check in desk and she was rude when she said they had paged us several times. We were about five feet from the podium and knew she had not. Strike 1. When she seated us, she showed us to a table that had not been cleared from the previous guests - meaning dirty dishes, glassware, food, etc. It took them about ten minute to clear the table while we were seated there. Strike 2. When we ordered, Bill ordered the meat loaf. When it was brought to him, it was burned on the outside and frozen solid on the inside. Strike 3. Never went back

Several years ago we had a terrible experience there for dinner. We waited and waited to be seated at an outside table and saw many other guests being seated who showed up after us. We went to the check in desk and she was rude when she said they had paged us several times. We were about five feet from the podium and knew she had not. Strike 1. When she seated us, she showed us to a table that had not been cleared from the previous guests - meaning dirty dishes, glassware, food, etc. It took them about ten minute to clear the table while we were seated there. Strike 2. When we ordered, Bill ordered the meat loaf. When it was brought to him, it was burned on the outside and frozen solid on the inside. Strike 3. Never went back

Come to think of it, I am now remembering that even though we had a delicious lunch with the Cobb salad, we waited about 20 minutes to pay our check and were running late for a fast pass or something so that was frustrating. I finally had to get up and go stand at the hostess station to get a manager to be able to run our check. It was weird. I’ll likely try it one more time and then decide. We usually go to ESPN if we’re just looking for a burger etc.

Looks like Big River Grille is NOT closing as rumored!! They just listed job openings for the restaurant/brewery on Indeed - YAY!!!!!
:cool1::banana::cheer2:

This makes me so happy! Our first time staying at Boardwalk was in August and we loved it so much that I bought a contract there. We love Trattoria al Forno and the pizza window, but it will be nice to have another restaurant open back up for more options!

This makes me so happy! Our first time staying at Boardwalk was in August and we loved it so much that I bought a contract there. We love Trattoria al Forno and the pizza window, but it will be nice to have another restaurant open back up for more options!
WELCOME HOME!! :cheer2:
Fyi, Big River Grille is one of the few table service restaurants that does take-out. While we love dining at their tables on the BW, it's a great option if you just feel like hanging out in the room.

WELCOME HOME!! :cheer2:
Fyi, Big River Grille is one of the few table service restaurants that does take-out. While we love dining at their tables on the BW, it's a great option if you just feel like hanging out in the room.
We enjoy sitting outside there. I had no idea they did take out. Another plus!

We enjoy sitting outside there. I had no idea they did take out. Another plus!

We usually get a Boardwalk View room. When our guys were younger there was one time where they were playing on the balcony with a ball or something and it landed amongst the diners. 😬 Didn’t hit anyone and nothing dangerous but thought we might by banned from DVC for life 😅

We are at BWV often. Really wanted to like this venue

despite several outings, food just average. Could get past that, the sticky floors & poorly trained waitstaff were consistent turnoffs.

Nice to see it may be reopening, perhaps it’s gotten a deep cleaning. choices are always a good thing

This probably falls more under a rumor than fact, but I saw a Facebook group post that said Big River will open Sunday. This was based on someone walking by and talking to someone in the restaurant.

We are at boardwalk now. I have not noticed big river grill open. I will check tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!