It's official that Starbucks is coming to DCA

Coud we dare hope this may be the end of Nescafe??? :thumbsup2

Happy Dance!!:cool1:

I bet it stays packed!! Hopefully the others they refer to will come sooner, than later!!

Wait a sec -- I can have a happy pumpkin spice latte to energize me keeping up with the kids? :yay:

The comment blog posting from the WDW fan that said that the East coast is more fast paced therefore they should get Starbucks first. I should post a photo of DCA Starbucks for her to drool over. As I slowly meander in the parks. Hahaha

Count me as a dissenter!! Why do people love Starbucks so much when their choice of beans is substandard at best? They roast the heck out of them to make them somewhat decent. Ya, they're better than Nescafe but I would have preferred something like Wolf Gang Pucks Express in DTD similar to WDW. Their coffee is FAR better and great food too! Or perhaps for better selections Seattle's Best or many others. Starbucks to me is poor quality over-hyped but I know I'm in the minority!!

This also echos the McDonalds Fry wagons inside DL. I want to escape from reality when at DLR as much as possible.

My husband and I agree with you about Starbucks coffee. Have no idea what the big do is all about when it comes to trying to swallow there coffee. Now, you just can't go wrong with Seattle's Best at some McDonalds. Or there fantastic Mocha Frappe's just plain yummy!!! You nailed that one right Huff.

Count me as a dissenter!! Why do people love Starbucks so much when their choice of beans is substandard at best? They roast the heck out of them to make them somewhat decent. Ya, they're better than Nescafe but I would have preferred something like Wolf Gang Pucks Express in DTD similar to WDW. Their coffee is FAR better and great food too! Or perhaps for better selections Seattle's Best or many others. Starbucks to me is poor quality over-hyped but I know I'm in the minority!!

This also echos the McDonalds Fry wagons inside DL. I want to escape from reality when at DLR as much as possible.

I guess it is baby steps. How long has it taken them to stop serving that Nescafe stuff? I will take Starbucks over Nescafe any day! Maybe down the road we can cross our fingers for some real espresso. DL clearly has no idea how to do coffee, so they turned to the biggest name in the biz.

I am thrilled with this. I know some people don't like SB, but I like that they have a standard of service and product that some places do not have. Also, my drink would cost me $10 at Peet's and it is $3 at my local SB.

I also think Disney might have picked SB because it is a national brand. Some of
the other brands people have suggested on various we do not have in Norcal.

I am happy to have more options for soy coffee's! As someone who is lactose intolerant, that is a huge plus for me. :)

Yeah! :banana: I'm excited because this means I can actually drink coffee on my DLR trip. I fianally got to the point where I could not stand the mud flavored coffee they served so I went without for the entire trip.

It isn't that I'm a die hard Starbucks fan, I'm not. In fact we think Peets tastes much better. But here is why I'm excited:
1. Almost ANYTHING is better than what they are serving now. To go from undrinkable to decent is huge.
2. It could even be free for us if they allow gift cards. As teachers DH and I have tons of SB gift cards. I don't think we've had to buy our own coffee for several years now (our everyday morning home brew excluded). The Disney guy said he thought they would take cards. Guess we'll have to see. Sometimes we go to a SB inside another store and it turns out it isn't REALLY a SB, they just serve the coffee and don't take the cards. I'll have to see which one this turns out to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter