It's My Birthday & I'll Disney if I Wanna! ~ A Dec 2015 PTR - COMPLETE!

GREAT MK plans.
wishes.. If you don't cry there is something WRONG with you! LOL!!! i didn't see are you doing another face painting on this day as well?!?
PEOPLE MOVER! LOVE this ride!!!

I do hope you find a good med for your aunt.. I would hate she would have to miss so much!

Love the plans!! Jam packed day, but my kind of busy that I would take any day. I think your Aunt should be ok on the PeopleMover. Just make sure she is sitting on the side where she will being going forward and not backwards...that should help. :)

BTW: Look how pretty my countdown ticker is!! :) 19 days until Disney Property and 18 days until we will be on the road staying in GA because of a wonderful DisFriend! HMMMM, wonder who that could be?? ;)

Ahhhh, the MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The plans sound wonderful.
I hope to do a pre-RD breakfast at CP also for my second MK day (and last parks day). Read so many glowing reviews.
Maybe I'll even use FP for second day MK Wishes viewing so looking forward to reading how the spot is and if it was worth it.

Billie, I just want you to know that your PTR is what keeps me looking forward to my own December trip as I slog through my first semester back at school after more than a decade. The closer you get to your trip the closer I get to mine! I love your enthusiasm and all your charts.

Question for you about pre park opening ADR's... Is 8:00am usually the first ADR of the day even in the summer time when regular (non EMH) opening time is at 8:00? I'd love to get a pre park opening ADR at CP when my son and I go in June but I'm not sure if they open up earlier ADR times with a park opening that early. If not, what would you do? Try to get an ADR right at 8:00 and miss out on prime RD time or hit up a few rides first right at RD and then do CP at like 10:00? :confused3
Nah, they do ADRs before 8am. I just know that getting Mark & Debby up and out the door in time for an 8:30am ADR is going to be pushing it already. Anything earlier is out of the question for them. :sad2:

I love your selfies!
This one too!
I'm ridiculous. :crazy:

I didn't have a problem with the PeopleMover at all, I loved it! Probably just make sure she isn't riding backwards, that gets me sometimes.
Good to know! :thumbsup2

Crystal Palace has reservations starting earlier. This coming December we have one at 7:05am and 7:20 am.
I knew there had to be earlier ones! ::yes::

Okay, I have to ask a crazy question: Is the reason why the font is a little different for BOG dinner because it's too much to fit on one line in the normal font? Or is it an accident? Because, I'm not gonna lie, that kinda stood out to me instantly.
Dang, I was hoping it wasn't super noticeable. :laughing: It's the same font, believe it or not (Tahoma). It just got all weird looking when I made it small enough to fit everything in the cell. :confused3

Yay! I really hope this ends up being an awesome experience for you! (And this is another one of those things that you have to tell me all about so that I know what to expect for my pre-park ADR in January...)
I hope it does, too! I'm excited! :hyper:

In every picture I've seen, that puffed french toast stuff looks amazing. Ditto for the breakfast lasagna (which is actually kinda weird and awesome looking at the same time). So since I can't have it ... have some for me, k?
I will have a double heaping helping and dedicate it to you, Sarah. :thumbsup2

So, back in 2012 when I accompanied a broken foot to DL (my sister was attached to the broken foot, so it wasn't just me and a foot), we were able to go in through the wheelchair entrance (which was also I think the exit) twice without having to wait. It was more fun that way, but I think the return time thing is more fair to everyone.
I remember those days, too. I understand why they had to change it, though. Too many people abused it, and ruined it for the rest of us. :sad2:

Definitely play it by ear and see how you're feeling, but ... remember that it's a long day and if you don't leave, you'll be in the park for about 16 hours. That's a really long day. And this is coming from someone who will gladly be in the park from open to close. So even if you don't feel like you need the break at break time, remember that you'll be in the park for another 9-10 hours (I think ... I may be doing my math wrong) and take that into account when making your decision.
Okay, lecture over.
Thanks, Mom. :hug:

Yay! My favorite restaurant in all of Disney! I'm so excited that you're going back there!
I'm pretty excited to do it one more time, so it'll be the last for a while! It will me three trips in a row for me, though. (Dinner in Sept 2014, Lunch in April 2015, and soon Dinner again in Dec 2015.) I think I'll be pretty much BOG'd out afterwards, and am likely gonna skip it for Oct 2016. :thumbsup2

I would advise that she not sit facing backwards. When we rode in February (I think? It might have been November?) I was going backwards and the turns killed me. Beth was facing forward and she was fine.
But we're not motion sickness people, so I'm sure others will have better advice for you.
That's actually great advice! Being solo, I always pop down on the seat facing forward, and it never even occurred to me that sitting backwards might cause some woozy feelings! :crazy2:

Well that's one of the saddest things I've read all day...
It's okay! It's been a very full trip so far! :goodvibes And we still have one more full day, plus a yummy departure day breakfast!

Yeah, it was about halfway through our trip so a few buffet dinners in... we didn't eat breakfast OR lunch the following day!
Whaaaaat! I can ALWAYS make more room for Disney foods in my enormous cavernous belly. :rotfl:

Love the MK day plans! I look foward to hearing if you choose the FoF Parade or opt for a well deserved rest. I do love MK in the dark as well, such good memories!
Night time at the parks is my absolutely favorite!!! :cutie:

GREAT MK plans.
THANKS! I like them! :thumbsup2

wishes.. If you don't cry there is something WRONG with you! LOL!!!
Funnily enough, I do my crying during Celebrate the Magic. And sometimes Illuminations. :confused3

i didn't see are you doing another face painting on this day as well?!?
Going to try to! Plan for after breakfast is to send them off to Adventureland for the Jungle Cruise, while I scooter over to Tomorrowland to get my face painted. Then we'll rendezvous at Pirates of the Caribbean for our first FP+ of the day! ::yes::

PEOPLE MOVER! LOVE this ride!!!
Me too! Love it! :lovestruc

I do hope you find a good med for your aunt.. I would hate she would have to miss so much!
They problem is that she won't take anything! She swears that everything knocks her out, even if it says non-drowsy. :confused: That's why I'm thinking of buy those Sea Bands, then strapping her into them. :laughing:

Love the plans!! Jam packed day, but my kind of busy that I would take any day. I think your Aunt should be ok on the PeopleMover. Just make sure she is sitting on the side where she will being going forward and not backwards...that should help. :)
That's a great idea! I'll definitely do that! :thumbsup2

BTW: Look how pretty my countdown ticker is!! :) 19 days until Disney Property and 18 days until we will be on the road staying in GA because of a wonderful DisFriend! HMMMM, wonder who that could be?? ;)
WHAT AN AWESOME PERSON, WHOEVER SHE IS! :rotfl:

Ahhhh, the MAGIC KINGDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The plans sound wonderful.
Yaaaay! I'm glad you think so! :goodvibes

I hope to do a pre-RD breakfast at CP also for my second MK day (and last parks day). Read so many glowing reviews.
I read nothing but good things, too! So excited to get to check it out! :hyper:

Maybe I'll even use FP for second day MK Wishes viewing so looking forward to reading how the spot is and if it was worth it.
I did the FP for Wishes back in April, and it was pretty good! :thumbsup2 Took several photos, you can see them here: CLICK ME!

Billie, I just want you to know that your PTR is what keeps me looking forward to my own December trip as I slog through my first semester back at school after more than a decade. The closer you get to your trip the closer I get to mine! I love your enthusiasm and all your charts.
Awwww!!! :blush: That's incredibly sweet, and I'm soooooo happy to hear it! And your trip will be here before you know it!!! :cutie:

Dang, I was hoping it wasn't super noticeable. :laughing: It's the same font, believe it or not (Tahoma). It just got all weird looking when I made it small enough to fit everything in the cell. :confused3

It wasn't super noticeable, I'm just neurotic about such things. I probably would have done the same thing, though ... sometimes you have to deal with things looking weird to fit everything in the cell.

Just got all caught up. Wow your week so far sounds amazing. I can't wait to see all the food pictures. I love the day off. Sounds like a nice break. Can't wait to see hat else you have planned.

Whaaaaat! I can ALWAYS make more room for Disney foods in my enormous cavernous belly. :rotfl:

It was kind of a mid-week rest for our tummies and then we picked up the pace again! :teeth: I couldn't believe it but I actually lost weight on our vacation! So. Much. Walking.

I did the FP for Wishes back in April, and it was pretty good! :thumbsup2 Took several photos, you can see them here: CLICK ME!

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. I just might do that. By the way good for you for speaking up during the incident prior. I'm one of those people that find it hard to speak up for myself.

Also is facepainting available all the time? Sounds like fun at least once

Can't wait to feast on that breakfast lasagna and puffed french toast for the first time! And get a warm hug from Winnie the Pooh!

Yes, yum! I'm actually not a huge fan of the breakfast lasagna but I do love me some puffed french toast!

Some of you might not know what that means, so I should explain: The stand-by queue at BTMR isn't ECV accessible... You have to approach the loading platform through from Exit. And when the wait for the regular line is long, instead of allowing ECVs and wheelchairs to "cut" in front of everybody, they issue you and your party a Return Time pass that is equal to the current wait time in the Stand-By queue. So if you show up at 10:45am, and the current wait is 50 minutes, you get a Return Time pass for 11:35am.

I had no idea it worked like this on certain attractions!

'm figuring by now it might be time for some lunch, and I know Pecos Bill's is right there, and their new menu looks pretty good.

It does look good! I loved their taco salad and now their are even more options, still with that yummy fixins bar!

Would you believe I've NEVER eaten here???

An actual, real life Disney tragedy!

I love me some afternoon break-time, but I also reeeeeeeeeeeeally love the FoF parade.

And this is always where I'm torn.

We are taking time for both in May. One day with an afternoon break and one day seeing FOF.

Once the parade route clears, we'll make our way over to our final FP+ (9:35p) of the day, the Wishes viewing area! I want us in place and ready by 9:45p, so we won't miss...

You did the FP+ viewing area back in April, right? I would love to have a good spot without waiting or scrambling but it's hard to lock in that 3rd FP+ so late.

Celebrate the Magic! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! It makes me tear up!!!

I cry when I watch it on YouTube, so...

Great plans! Love the end of your night in Tomorrowland. I just love how the whole place is lit up at night. And the PeopleMover is just magical at night!

popping in to say "hi" and that I'm all caught up :thumbsup2 I've been busy rearranging our Nov. trip over and over again :faint: and, as usual, am behind on the Dis! Plus, I've barely scratched the surface of planning our Jan. trip.......anyway-

Love your day 6! MK at night is awesome! I hope you have another great experience at BOG too, my favorite :goodvibes Our Nov. trip is heavy on late nights/late start mornings since my kids are now at the age where they no longer like getting up early, but I do have one long MK day planned on a PM EMH day when it's open until 2am. I'd like to make it until at least 12:30. How will I feel if everyone else goes back to the room earlier and leaves me alone? Go on, ask me....ZERO*CRAPS*GIVEN!!!
I've been dying to work that in to a post for a very long time now :woohoo:

It wasn't super noticeable, I'm just neurotic about such things. I probably would have done the same thing, though ... sometimes you have to deal with things looking weird to fit everything in the cell.
I'm super picky about that kind of stuff too, actually! But my choices were either shrink the font, or use additional fields. I chose the lesser of two evils. :laughing:

Just got all caught up. Wow your week so far sounds amazing. I can't wait to see all the food pictures. I love the day off. Sounds like a nice break. Can't wait to see hat else you have planned.
Oh, there will be food pictures o-plenty. By the end of Day 1, I'll have my aunt and uncle are going to be trained not to touch their food until I take photos. :rotfl:

It was kind of a mid-week rest for our tummies and then we picked up the pace again! :teeth: I couldn't believe it but I actually lost weight on our vacation! So. Much. Walking.
I'm jealous. I always gain on vacation. Stupid scooter. :laughing:

Great pics! Thanks for sharing. I just might do that. By the way good for you for speaking up during the incident prior. I'm one of those people that find it hard to speak up for myself.
I did used to speak up, Stuff like that happened during my first solo trip in Sept 2014, and it wasn't until Day 6 that I finally got fed up. It's such an insane phenomenon how a solos, especially ones on ECVs, become totally invisible to other guests at WDW (until we're loaded onto a bus first, then EVERYBODY sees us). :confused3

Also is facepainting available all the time? Sounds like fun at least once
Yes! Year-round! :goodvibes During regular operating hours, and special events like MNSSHP and MVMCP. Not available during EMH. There's one station in each park, and one at Disney Springs, too!

MK - Tomorrowland, near Space Mountain
Epcot - World Showcase, between Germany & China
HS - Mickey Avenue, near TSMM
AK - Africa, near Kilimanjaro Safaris
DS - Marketplace, near Guest Relations

Yes, yum! I'm actually not a huge fan of the breakfast lasagna but I do love me some puffed french toast!
I'll do a full review on both upon my return! :thumbsup2

I had no idea it worked like this on certain attractions!
It's only the ones that can't accommodate wheelchairs via Stand-By queue, and only when it's a long wait. (During short waits, they just send you right on to the alternate loading area.) ::yes:: There are also some attractions (like Pirates of the Caribbean, Buzz Lightyear, and Space Mountain) where the regular line can accommodate wheelchairs, but not ECVs. They require the ECV user to transfer to a wheelchair provided by a CM at the attraction. So typically, when traveling solo, I have to make sure to ride these either with FP+ or when the line is short, because my arms aren't strong enough to push myself in a manual chair. :-)

It does look good! I loved their taco salad and now their are even more options, still with that yummy fixins bar!
I love me some fixins! Yum! :bitelip:

An actual, real life Disney tragedy!
I know. Awful! :sad2:

And this is always where I'm torn.

We are taking time for both in May. One day with an afternoon break and one day seeing FOF.
I would have to, if I hadn't had to build in that Harry Potter day unexpectedly! :wizard:

You did the FP+ viewing area back in April, right? I would love to have a good spot without waiting or scrambling but it's hard to lock in that 3rd FP+ so late.
I did! It was pretty good! I don't mind locking up that 3rd FP+ so much. Do you know I've NEVER used an in-park FP+ kiosk? Everytime I pass one, the line is just crazy long. No thanks. So I always just use my three pre-selected FP+ and call it good! :thumbsup2

I cry when I watch it on YouTube, so...
Hahaha. I was watching an Illuminations video the other day, and got all choked up (the music gets me every time). :sad:

Great plans! Love the end of your night in Tomorrowland. I just love how the whole place is lit up at night. And the PeopleMover is just magical at night!
I couldn't agree more! I very intentionally saved Tomorrowland for night time! :cutie:

Yay day 6! Boo only one more day!
It'll be a good day, though! (I hope!) :goodvibes

popping in to say "hi" and that I'm all caught up :thumbsup2 I've been busy rearranging our Nov. trip over and over again :faint: and, as usual, am behind on the Dis! Plus, I've barely scratched the surface of planning our Jan. trip.......anyway-
Girl, I totally understand! I'm behind on the Dis ALWAYS!! :scared:

Love your day 6! MK at night is awesome! I hope you have another great experience at BOG too, my favorite :goodvibes Our Nov. trip is heavy on late nights/late start mornings since my kids are now at the age where they no longer like getting up early, but I do have one long MK day planned on a PM EMH day when it's open until 2am. I'd like to make it until at least 12:30. How will I feel if everyone else goes back to the room earlier and leaves me alone? Go on, ask me....ZERO*CRAPS*GIVEN!!!
I've been dying to work that in to a post for a very long time now :woohoo:
Bahahaha! Good job! :thumbsup2

A friend of mine gets motion sickness too. She started using a patch for it. Now she goes on RnR!
I can't even get her to wear a patch. She won't do anything taken internally. :sad2: I think the bands might be our only hope! They get VERY good reviews, though!

I wore the bands on a boat when I was pregnant and they seemed to help?? Not sure if I would have gotten sick if I hadn't had them, but I didn't want to chance it! It's just like wearing bracelets :-)

Holy busy day batman. I think you're gonna need more than one dole whip to keep ya moving ; )

I'm doing my first ever MK pre-park-opening breakfast today! We'll catch the bus bright and early.
Power to ya sista. I love the idea of an empty park, but me and my non-morning crew have never even been able to see rope drop. So you'll have to take plenty of pics for me and we can just photoshop us in later ; )

instead of allowing ECVs and wheelchairs to "cut" in front of everybody, they issue you and your party a Return Time pass that is equal to the current wait time in the Stand-By queue. So if you show up at 10:45am, and the current wait is 50 minutes, you get a Return Time pass for 11:35am.

Depending how long the wait is, we'll either hang around, or we'll pop across the path to use our FP+ (11:15a-12:15p) at my most favorite ride in the park...
My favorite too, though my wonderful daughter is too chicken to ride. Maybe I can just leave her with Aunt Debbie next time ; )

I'm figuring by now it might be time for some lunch, and I know Pecos Bill's is right there, and their new menu looks pretty good. (Would you believe I've NEVER eaten here???) I'm also really diggin' on the new Tortuga Tavern menu though, so if it's open, we might head back that way. Maybe even finish lunch off with a Dole Whip, perhaps?
Don't forget sleepy hollow is right there too and my beloved spicy chicken waffle sandwich.

And say hello to this hungry guy..

20140927_174501.jpg
Love this picture!

The PeopleMover!!! But is this one I should be concerned about with Debby's motion sickness? I've never ever thought of it in that way, it's so tame! But I think that I recall a few people saying they've had issues with parts of it...
Ahh the beloved Pooper. From a motion sickness perspective I think she'll be fine. But make sure you stop at the lunching pad before you get on and have a cream cheese pretzel on the pooper. Nothing like some hidden contraband to make the trip all the better.

Then head back to the room after our VERY long day!!! And we'll probably need to get some rest, as tomorrow will be our final park day!
Some rest? After that day you're gonna need to sleep for a whole day.

Don't think I commented yet on Day 6!

Love a full MK day! Personally if I was you I would skip the break, an this is why, if I take a break i sometimes end up more sluggish, so if i could i would push through.... and lets be honest you may just take a nap while hanging out in the MK :rolleyes1

BOG yum! and Dole Whip YUM! You are always making me so hungry with your updates!

Can't wait to here about Crystal Palace and how it is, some of that food looks so yummy!

I wore the bands on a boat when I was pregnant and they seemed to help?? Not sure if I would have gotten sick if I hadn't had them, but I didn't want to chance it! It's just like wearing bracelets :-)
Everything I've read about them, people just rave about how great they work. I figure it's worth a shot! ::yes::

Well, getting sick toward the end of the trip probably helped. My appetite went way down. Before that I was struggling with snug pants for sure!
Furthering my case again pants. :rotfl:

Holy busy day batman. I think you're gonna need more than one dole whip to keep ya moving ; )
Shame they don't put the shot of rum in it at MK. ;)

Power to ya sista. I love the idea of an empty park, but me and my non-morning crew have never even been able to see rope drop. So you'll have to take plenty of pics for me and we can just photoshop us in later ; )
I haaaaaaaaaaaate mornings. But when there, I'm on DISNEY TIME. I am more worried about Mark & Debby keeping up with the late nights followed by early morning. We'll find out! :goodvibes

My favorite too, though my wonderful daughter is too chicken to ride. Maybe I can just leave her with Aunt Debbie next time ; )
Aunt Debby would love that, I'm sure they would get along famously! :cutie:

Don't forget sleepy hollow is right there too and my beloved spicy chicken waffle sandwich.
I don't do spicy, but I have curious about the Ham, Prosciutto, and Swiss version! :scratchin

Ahh the beloved Pooper. From a motion sickness perspective I think she'll be fine. But make sure you stop at the lunching pad before you get on and have a cream cheese pretzel on the pooper. Nothing like some hidden contraband to make the trip all the better.
"The Pooper." :rotfl: I love it! And that cream cheese pretzel is still on my "Must Try!" list! Maybe this night will finally be the night!

Some rest? After that day you're gonna need to sleep for a whole day.
Too bad that's not going to happen for a couple more nights yet! Coffee, don't fail us! :goodvibes

Don't think I commented yet on Day 6!
Slacker. :sad2:

Love a full MK day! Personally if I was you I would skip the break, an this is why, if I take a break i sometimes end up more sluggish, so if i could i would push through.... and lets be honest you may just take a nap while hanging out in the MK :rolleyes1
You know me so well. :faint: :rotfl2:

BOG yum! and Dole Whip YUM! You are always making me so hungry with your updates!
Because I'm fixated on food! I love it! :lovestruc

Can't wait to here about Crystal Palace and how it is, some of that food looks so yummy!
It really does! I'm so excited! :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter