• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Its almost time!!!!!

seagodess

DIS Veteran
:yay: Getting some last minute stuff done before we leave on saturday when I thought of a couple things.
1. Our plane is set to arrive at John Wayne around 12ish. We have tickets for the Disneyland express shuttle. My understanding is that it goes from the airport, to DLH, then switch to some sort of van that goes to the good neighbor hotels. We are staying at FFI. Any idea's about how long it might take from the airport to our hotel?
2. We have 6pm dinner reservations to Medieval Times that same day. They told us to arrive at least 1 hour early. However I remember last time we went and arrived that early it seemed unnecessary because we didn't even get seated until close to our reservation time. I assume getting there around 5:30 should be ok. I dont know how long it will take to get there, when should we call for a cab? Can we call early in the day and tell them what time we need to be there and have them determine when to pick us up? I dont really know how calling a cab works :confused:.
3. DS will be celebrating his 5th b-day while we are there. We have reservations for the Surfing breakfast with Mickey at 7:30am on his b-day. How long will it take to walk from the FFI?
4. Even though going to DL is DS's b-day gift, I wanted to get him a little something to actually open. We got him new Mickey & Minnie stuffed animals (he has some old ones of mine that he loves) from the Disney store. I wanted to wrap them or put them in a bag for him to open. DH thinks we should just put them in bed with him while he is sleeping and have him wake up with them. What do you think?
I thought there was more, but I cant think of it at the moment. Thanks for any help :thumbsup2

We took a cab from our hotel (Worldmark) to Knotts early this year, and went past M/T.. it took all of 10 -15 mins to get there.. it was on a Sat Morning , so I would maybe add another 5 mins just to be on the safe side..

We just went to the front desk of the hotel they called a cab for us.. arrived very quick. it seemed to me, when the hotels call, the cabs respond faster... but if we called on our cells, they took a lot longer to turn up...
no harm in calling the cab earlier in the day though ..

Just from watching my son wake, he wouldnt notice the stuffed toys when he first woke up.. maybe putting them at the table where he will sit for breakfast.. and then a little toy wrapped so he can open.. kids love to rip the wrappings off anything..

Hope his day is awesome.. and yours tool

I would get to MT at least 30 minutes early, we got there 45 minutes early but it took us a while to check in so we didn't have much time to wander around before we were seated for the dinner and show. Just let your front desk know you'll need a cab to get there, tell them what time you want to be there and they will get a cab for you. Easy Peasy :)

As for your son's birthday, I would put the toys on the table, take a little glitter and sprinkle it around, tell him they are from the characters, that Tink and her friends delivered them and the glitter is Pixie Dust. I did this for my kids and they loved it, I also used a Polly Pocket shoe to make shoe prints so it looked like Tink had walked around the table. :)

on midevil times it says an hour early so they know you are there and they get the right number of seats ready. I know i will be there the 30th and have told my family we will be an hour early but its for the best not to be late, so we can get in first close to front row.

Have a blast and I am sure your son will love the gift

As for your son's birthday, I would put the toys on the table, take a little glitter and sprinkle it around, tell him they are from the characters, that Tink and her friends delivered them and the glitter is Pixie Dust. I did this for my kids and they loved it, I also used a Polly Pocket shoe to make shoe prints so it looked like Tink had walked around the table. :)

Awwww this is SO sweet!! :lovestruc LOVE the touch with the shoe prints! Although I did have a, "Wait, what?" moment at first because I was thinking of the Polly Pockets from when I was a kid that were really tiny and had a round base that locked into their little houses and stuff, and thinking, "Polly Pockets don't have shoes!" :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter