• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's a Jolly Holiday with LL. *FINISHED* Final Update on pg. 58.

Love the souvies!!!! Gives me great ideas for shopping next time around!!! ;o)

I simply can not wait until May... I think you need to go back sooner-

Love the favorites list... such a practically perfect way to sum up the trip... I will definitely be doing that with the fam on our next trip

Oh my goodness girl you are a shopper extrordinaire!!!! :rotfl: Wow that's a lot of stuff! Of course it's possible I buy just as much stuff at WDW but I don't notice because 95% of it is for my kids....

Yes, I survived the monkey picture! But thanks for the heads-up.... :lmao: That one is actually kind of cute - it reminds me of Abu, which is the only monkey that I like!

And your favorite character meet-n-greet was Mary Poppins in Epcot??!.....I never would have guessed! :rotfl2:

This was really great LL! Thanks for sharing it all!:lovestruc

WOW...that's a lot of souvies. No wonder you needed the rolling bag :rotfl: That's why I didn't have a souvie section on my TR. My one pair of earring wouldn't really cut it ;)
I don't plan on having a souvie section next time, I can't afford it! :lmao:

LOVE the villains book, LL! I am so going to have to bring a ton of cash with me for souvenirs...
I really love it too. I am sucker for villain stuff. Barnes & Noble has a Disney Villain Monopoly game that I am currently coveting.

Cool souvenirs! Love the Mickey ice tray.
They give us a touch of Disney everyday!

I love all your souvies!! I told DH that now since we have 2 WDW magnets, we need to start collecting them from the resorts we stay at. I really like your WL one!

I am tempted to buy the Beaver Butt soap as a gag gift for someone, I laughed when I saw it in Canada, but am really curious to see what the scent is...:laughing:
I'll have to ask my Mom if she has used it yet. :lmao:

Love the souvies!!!! Gives me great ideas for shopping next time around!!! ;o)
Which can be good...or bad. :rotfl2:

I simply can not wait until May... I think you need to go back sooner-

Love the favorites list... such a practically perfect way to sum up the trip... I will definitely be doing that with the fam on our next trip
I love lists and why not have a favorites list, I say!

Oh my goodness girl you are a shopper extrordinaire!!!! :rotfl: Wow that's a lot of stuff! Of course it's possible I buy just as much stuff at WDW but I don't notice because 95% of it is for my kids....

Yes, I survived the monkey picture! But thanks for the heads-up.... :lmao: That one is actually kind of cute - it reminds me of Abu, which is the only monkey that I like!

And your favorite character meet-n-greet was Mary Poppins in Epcot??!.....I never would have guessed! :rotfl2:

This was really great LL! Thanks for sharing it all!:lovestruc

Thanks LegoMom. I'm glad you survived the monkey picture. :hug:

did u enjoy a lot??
We had a fabulous time!

*** I haven't forgotten about this TR, I do plan to do my final thoughts soon. Thanks for being patient with me!! ***

It's about time to wrap up this Trip Report seeing that we have been home for almost four months.

Wow, four months. Sometimes it feels just like yesterday, other times it feels like we were there years ago. I am more than ready to go back...like today.

I am so glad that Marc and I were able to take this trip together. I think that we planned well but also were able to make changes to suit our vacationing style.

I was scrolling through my PTR for this trip last night. Just reliving all the planning and care that went into it. I found this little gem from August 16, 2008.

*As I wait for DH to finish his list, I have to tell you about the AWFUL dream I had last night. We completely missed September 2nd on our trip. Also known as Animal Kingdom day. Apparently DH & I slept through the whole day in our dream. It was awful and for some reason we couldn't get to Animal Kingdom for the rest of the trip. Was I glad when I woke up and realized it was a horrible horrible dream!!

How funny is that!?!? It's like I had a premonition about skipping Animal Kingdom. Marc was flabbergasted! I had totally forgotten about that dream.

I think we learned some valuable things while on our first Disney Vacation together. Thus, I leave you with one final list. Don't shed any tears, if you want to see more lists head over to my new PTR.

Supercallifragilistic-ADR'sApproachUs! PreTrip Report May '09.

Shameless plug, over. ;) On with the list!

* We are very lucky to have each other & the ability to go on vacations.
* I need some solo time during vacation. I never realized before how I am very much a solitary person like my Dad.
* We like our afternoon breaks.
* Disney can be romantical!
* Don't be afraid to tweak plans or not do something. Disney isn't going anywhere!
* Having relaxing, down time is essential for vacation.
* Take afternoon breaks.
* Schedule at least 1TS per day.
* Be sure to make time for evening swims.

And with that....Marc and LL's Jolly Holiday is officially finished!

See ya real soon! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

LL~thanks a ton for the time, effort, and love you've put into your PTR and TR. You have no idea how much I've learned from you! :worship:

Right after I read this I looked at your ticker! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

:lmao: Too funny!

That's my DS' style of kissing - I don't think I'll have him "kiss" the Beaver Butt soap should I buy it! ;)

LL, loved your last list. I learned many things on our November trip that I will be carrying over to our January trip. I think I might take a tip from you here and add it to my TR at the end. It's a nice wrap up! I also like your "Disney isn't going anywhere!" comment. It's true. And something I leared in November as well - I actually have MORE fun when we relax and just get to what we get to, rather than trying to fit it all in.

That is funny about the dream! I guess it wasn't such an awful dream, eh? I think sleeping for an entire day on vacation actually sounds like a really nice dream! :rotfl: (But, I can understand the panic of missing AK too)

I loved your TR (and am enjoying your new PTR). Thank you for taking the time and energy to share your trip, and planning, with us! :goodvibes

LL~thanks a ton for the time, effort, and love you've put into your PTR and TR. You have no idea how much I've learned from you! :worship:
Aw, thanks Trixie. I am glad to have helped. I know I learned a lot reading TR's before we went on this trip. :thumbsup2

:lmao: Too funny!

That's my DS' style of kissing - I don't think I'll have him "kiss" the Beaver Butt soap should I buy it! ;)

LL, loved your last list. I learned many things on our November trip that I will be carrying over to our January trip. I think I might take a tip from you here and add it to my TR at the end. It's a nice wrap up! I also like your "Disney isn't going anywhere!" comment. It's true. And something I leared in November as well - I actually have MORE fun when we relax and just get to what we get to, rather than trying to fit it all in.

That is funny about the dream! I guess it wasn't such an awful dream, eh? I think sleeping for an entire day on vacation actually sounds like a really nice dream! :rotfl: (But, I can understand the panic of missing AK too)

I loved your TR (and am enjoying your new PTR). Thank you for taking the time and energy to share your trip, and planning, with us! :goodvibes
Thank you. I thought it was fitting to end with a list.
;)

And it wasn't such a horrible dream afterall, as much as I missed AK this last trip at least I know we will enjoy it that much more in May.

Thank you so much for reading! :goodvibes

That's too funny about your dream! You will go to AK in May, won't you? Please say yes. :goodvibes

How perfect that you ended with a list! I love your lists, LL!

It was such a wonderful trip -- thanks for sharing it with us (and your love of lights and lists)!

Wow! I had no idea you were psychic!! What does my future hold? Please dream it up for me! ;)

Great wrap-up and learnings. Can't wait for May!! :goodvibes

That's too funny about your dream! You will go to AK in May, won't you? Please say yes. :goodvibes

How perfect that you ended with a list! I love your lists, LL!

It was such a wonderful trip -- thanks for sharing it with us (and your love of lights and lists)!
We are planning on going to AK in May. In fact I think we will go at least twice during the trip. Not for full days but we will get the AK experience. Marc has never been so he's really excited.

Thank you so much for reading about our trip!

Wow! I had no idea you were psychic!! What does my future hold? Please dream it up for me! ;)

Great wrap-up and learnings. Can't wait for May!! :goodvibes
Hmmm. I'll work on dreaming up your future! ;)

We are planning on going to AK in May. In fact I think we will go at least twice during the trip. Not for full days but we will get the AK experience. Marc has never been so he's really excited.

Thank you so much for reading about our trip!

Half days would be good -- that way it won't get miserably hot while you are there.

We are huge fans of Animal Kingdom -- the safari, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, Everest!

This trip I want us to see Festival of the Lion King and go to Rafiki's Planet Watch.

Half days would be good -- that way it won't get miserably hot while you are there.

We are huge fans of Animal Kingdom -- the safari, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, Everest!

This trip I want us to see Festival of the Lion King and go to Rafiki's Planet Watch.

The more I read about Rafikis Planet Watch, the more I want to go. I think it will be a good way to break up our time there too.

Oh you must do AK.

Here are my AK tips.

Bring lots of water (it's the hottest place on property because of the all the plants)

Wear Crocs- especially if you are planning on going on Kali.

Go straight to the Safari in the morning. Animals are way more active in the morning.

Do not ride Kali right before you see a show...you'll freeze in the AC

Planet Watch is NOT that exciting but the train ride is worth it for a little break when you feet get tired.

Lion King is a better show than Nemo so if you only have time for one...do that one.

Ok...I think that's enough for today!

Congrats on finishing your report!

Great wrap up, LL! How funny is it that you had that dream about AK before it happened! I think we're doing AK our first full day at the World so we should be able to check that one off the list rather quickly! (Knock on wood)

Congrats on wrapping it all up! I know that when you are in the middle of it-it can seem a daunting task.

I enjoyed following along. Thanks for sharing with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter