• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's a Jolly Holiday with LL. *FINISHED* Final Update on pg. 58.

Lady Lallie

DIS Veteran
This is going to be my first attempt at PreTrip Report. I have developed PreTrip Report envy while reading TarzansKat and Tinkerbellarella, so much so that I am going to join the cool kids crowd and write my own! :thumbsup2

Over the last few days I have been trying to come up with a title for my PreTrip. I have title envy as well in case you were wondering. I haven't been able to come up with anything that fits the snappy, snarky, quirky, funny title that I desire. Then it hit me! :idea: What better title than, "Once Upon A Time..."!?!?!? It may not be ground breaking or earth shattering but it fits me. I am constantly fantasizing about being a princess in a faraway land and my true love coming to rescue me. It happened. Seriously. More on that later. Thus my PreTrip Report is titled and we are off to a beautiful beginning.

If you would like to skip right to the "good stuff" here are the links. Though if I do say so myself, the other DIS'ers and I are great at the chitter chatter inbetween "stuff".

The Who.
The When.
The Who, continued.
The Where.
ADR's. The confusion, the decisions, the questions.
The Stress.
The Offending Earrings.
MNSSHP
Halloween Costumes.
ADR's. The confusion, the decisions, the questions, continued.
ADR's. The confusion, the decisions, the questions, continued...again.
We don't need no stinkin' totals!
Doubts.
I'm on the phone...
I Did It! I Did It! I Did It!(Say to the tune of "Toga/Tonga Toast Chant"
Dream A Little Dream.
Off Topic but want to share!
Binder, Tickets and Mickey Heads...Oh My!
Why?
The Lists. Part 1: Magic Kingdom
The Lists. Part 2: Disney Hollywood Studios
The Lists. Part 3: EPCOT
My New Camera!
LL's Photo Essay
LL's Crocs.
The Lists. Part 4: Animal Kingdom
LL's Crocs, continued.
The Lists. Part 5: The Characters
Double Digit Dance!
Off Topic!
The Lists. Part 6: Pop Century Resort.
Wedding Update.
The Lists. Part 7: Wilderness Lodge Resort.
The List of All Lists: The Updated Itinerary
Ticka Ticka Ticker.
Wedding Memory Book
The Lists. Part 8: Disney Related Wedding Tunes
Does this count as an update?
I do believe in...
LL's Got a Ticket to Ride.
The Lists. Part 9: The ADR's.
The Lists. Part 9: The ADR's Continued.
DF's Trip of '95.
DF's Trip of '95, Continued.
LL's First Trip.
1988 Time Period Photos.
We're All Mad Here!
The Lists. Part 10: The New & Improved Itinerary
To Do List.
The UNthinkable.
The Impulsive ADR 411.
LL's got a Brand New Bag.
T-shirt Debate.
Shoe-palooza.
Lady Listy Strikes Again.
LL's Purchases.
P.S. I think it's only 32 days until Disney. (feel free to dance in your chair).
My Calendar says...
LL's Got Shoes!
What LL Will Be Doing in Four Weeks. Day One.
What LL Will Be Doing in Four Weeks. Day Two.
What LL Will Be Doing In Four Weeks. Day Three.
Wilderness Lodge Photo Session Info.
What LL Will Be Doing In Four Weeks. Day Four.
What LL Will Be Doing In Four Weeks. Day Five.
What LL Will Be Doing In Four Weeks. Day Six.
What LL Will Be Doing In Four Weeks. Day Seven.
What LL Will Be Doing in Four Weeks. Day Eight.
LL's Souvenir List.
LL's Great Shoe Debate of '08.
A little of this....a little of that.
LL & DH's Top Fives.
Red Sox Game.
Decisions, Decisions.
More Trip Randomness.
I can't think of a witty title. Meh.
A Little Dance.
Say Cheese for the Big Cheese. Mickey, That Is. Part 1.
No More Drama.
Say Cheese for the Big Cheese. Mickey, That Is. Part 2.
The Mega Update.
DH's MNSSHP Shirt!
Five Days!!
Say Cheese for the Big Cheese. Mickey, That Is. Part 3.
Three Days! Three Days! Three Days!
Suitcases and Memory Cards and JuJu and LGMH's....OH MY!
So long, Farewell.....
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!
The Trip Report Has Begun!

Me aka Leslie. I am 25 and will be celebrating my 26th birthday while at WDW. Woo Hoo! I love birthdays and have had some not so happy ones the last few years so I am planning this trip because who couldn't have a happy birthday at WDW?! I love everything Disney, though I still am not quite sure about that Hannah Montana, she frightens me just a little bit. I have been on four previous trips. One when I was 5, halfway through the trip I came down with Chicken Pox and spent the rest of the time in the Camper(we drove down) with my grandma. I think this is why I am so obsessed with Disney, I was cheated out of the rest of my trip. I hate the teacups. Hate. On this same trip, my loving Uncle took me on them pre pox while my parents took my younger brother. My mom swears to this day that my eyes literally rolled back into my head. No teacups for me. I also went with my family when I was 13. I have gone as an adult in 2003 and 2005. The last trip did not go as planned and this one is going to make up for it. More on that later. My favorite characters are Sulley, Stitch, Mary Poppins and Belle.

Soon to be Husband, Marc, referred to as DF from here on out until he becomes DH on 6/28/08. DF is 27 and been to WDW only once. He went at age 13 with his family and stayed at Fort Wilderness camping out. He doesn't remember much about this trip except that it was really hot as he went in August and that his mother and aunt had absolutely everything planned out. I have heard tales of this huge notebook with everything in it and a huge sized poster that was left at the family deli which was a time line broken down to the hour of which rides they would be on. :scared1: I am a planner by nature but even I am not this bad. DF indulges my Disneymania and is looking forward to the trip. My next step is to get him to agree to WDW once a year! :rolleyes1

DF & I met a little over two years ago and have been together ever since. We met on one of those dating websites, and truly is exactly the kind of guy I was looking for and dreaming about. To steal a line from Juno, "He is the cheese to my macaroni." A little more back story on me is needed I believe. I was actually married about 3 years ago and it lasted for a very short amount of time, six weeks to be exact before the ex asked me for a divorce because he had been cheating on me for some time. Yep, surprise surprise! It wasn't a healthy relationship to begin with and I am grateful to have met my true love in DF. I had gone on the dating website just to get myself out there and I met DF. :lovestruc I do have issues from my past that I work to remedy with a mixture of time, therapy, humor and Disney! :lmao: In fact the last time I went to Disney was in 2005 for my Honeymoon, there was nothing honey or moon-ey about that trip, it was plan awful and I am very very eager to change all those bad vibes with our upcoming trip.

Here are some pictures of us. They are from meeting with our photographer for the Wedding and doing some test shots. As you can see it was a test for my hair as well, I am normally not so spiffy.

ml3.jpg
ml-1.jpg

I am not a wedding kinda girl but because a wedding with all of his family was so important to him, I agreed to the madness. We are still having a somewhat small-ish wedding but more about that later! I have been so stressed out with the wedding planning that I decided to plan a trip for my Birthday/Honeymoon Part 2 to distract me from all the wedding drama. Why, you ask, are we not going on a Disneymoon? Well I have been in July and don't wish to ever repeat that again. It was hot, miserable and so freaking crowded, shocking huh? Plus, we both wanted to do something for our Honeymoon that neither had done before so that has led us to a Bermuda Cruise! We are both looking forward to this. We see the Cruise to Bermuda as our relaxing, nothing planned, sit by the pool, drinks lots of rum swizzles vacation. While Disney will be planned, agenda filled and lots to see, do and eat vacation.

This Disney vacation is my antidote to the Wedding stress. Trust me, I need it.

So during all my escape daydreams while dealing with Wedding stress, I started to think, When!? When would we go to that most magical happy place in the whole entire world!? Summer was out. I never wish to repeat the summer heat or crowds again. I shudder to think I might have to when I have children in the future. Thus the debating began.

Thought #1 - December.
Pros: I love, love, love Christmas. I love everything about it. Why not combine Christmas with Disney? Of course it wouldn't be during the actual holiday, I was thinking more around the first two weeks of December.
Cons: After the Wedding, I only have 4 vacation days to use at work and I can't take unpaid time off. Also, I wouldn't be able to have my birthday off. I abhor having to work on my birthday. It's cruel and unusual punishment.
Thought #2 - Columbus Day Week.
Pros: I could combine the exsisting day off for Columbus Day and get a full week into Disney.
Cons: I would still have to work on my Birthday. Shudder. Plus, another girl at work had already planned a vacation so it would be tricky to get the time off.
Thought #3 - Labor Day Week.
Pros: It's my birthday, yahoo! I wouldn't have to be at work and I would also get a full week off since I would combine my vacation with a work Holiday. Possible free dining...hmm?? Also, the last few birthdays have not been absolutely wonderful as all birthdays should be. Three years ago, the ex asked me for a divorce the day before my birthday. Another year, DF's father had a kidney transplant and last year was just not a good time with money so we didn't do much to celebrate.
Cons: I have read that Labor Day can be crowded, eek! Also the weather is still hot hot hot. It's also the closest date to the wedding. Would finances permit another vacation that close to the Bermuda Cruise??

Choices, Choices. After much debating with DF, reading all those helpful Disney websites, we decided to go in September. Happy Birthday to Me!

Next...where do we stay?

You've started your very own pre-trip report! party:

I love seeing the picture of you with your DF, you two are adorable! And it's wonderful to put a face with the Lady Lallie name! :)

You have a great start so far, and I truly can't wait to read more. I think you and DF will really enjoy this trip. September can be hot, but I have gone that early before (while pregnant!) and still had a great time! :goodvibes

Keep those posts comin'! :thumbsup2

You've started your very own pre-trip report! party:

I love seeing the picture of you with your DF, you two are adorable! And it's wonderful to put a face with the Lady Lallie name! :)

Thanks! Lallie is a childhood nickname, my parents and extended family still call me that.

You have a great start so far, and I truly can't wait to read more. I think you and DF will really enjoy this trip. September can be hot, but I have gone that early before (while pregnant!) and still had a great time! :goodvibes

Keep those posts comin'! :thumbsup2

Thanks. I hope I just keep people interested in little ol' me. How pregnant were you when you went? You are a brave lady!

Thanks! Lallie is a childhood nickname, my parents and extended family still call me that.
That's cute! My dad still calls me kid. And sometimes, little butt. Oh, how I wish my butt was as little as it was then. :lmao:

Thanks. I hope I just keep people interested in little ol' me. How pregnant were you when you went? You are a brave lady!

Honestly, I wasn't that far along. Just starting to show, I think, and just into maternity clothes. I got pregnant in May, so I was 4 months along. That was a trip with my hubbie, mom, and dad. Boy, did we have a blast. Granted, we took it very slow, availed ourselves of many sit down dinners and air conditioned places! :thumbsup2

Okay, pardon the quick thread hijack here...

I actually have a pic that is so cute from that trip. I was meeting Chip and Dale. Since you've read my pre-trippie you know that in MGM, DH and I always win a stuffed toy at Pizza Planet. Well, since I was pregnant, we planned for the cute little teddy bear we won to be for DS. I did know he was a boy before we went on the trip, so that was cool. Anyway, Chip and Dale playfully tryed to take the teddy bear from me. I guess because I wasn't showing that much, it wasn't obvious I was pregnant, also my top was sort of loose and flowy. I said to them, no, this teddy bear isn't for me, it's for my baby, and I patted my belly. Chip and Dale proceeded to gently rub my belly, and then for the picture, held the teddy bear in front of my stomach. It was so cute, and so much fun!

Okay, hijack over. Just thought you might like that. ;)

P.S. Of course we're interested in lil ole you!

That's cute! My dad still calls me kid. And sometimes, little butt. Oh, how I wish my butt was as little as it was then. :lmao:

Honestly, I wasn't that far along. Just starting to show, I think, and just into maternity clothes. I got pregnant in May, so I was 4 months along. That was a trip with my hubbie, mom, and dad. Boy, did we have a blast. Granted, we took it very slow, availed ourselves of many sit down dinners and air conditioned places! :thumbsup2

Okay, pardon the quick thread hijack here...

I actually have a pic that is so cute from that trip. I was meeting Chip and Dale. Since you've read my pre-trippie you know that in MGM, DH and I always win a stuffed toy at Pizza Planet. Well, since I was pregnant, we planned for the cute little teddy bear we won to be for DS. I did know he was a boy before we went on the trip, so that was cool. Anyway, Chip and Dale playfully tryed to take the teddy bear from me. I guess because I wasn't showing that much, it wasn't obvious I was pregnant, also my top was sort of loose and flowy. I said to them, no, this teddy bear isn't for me, it's for my baby, and I patted my belly. Chip and Dale proceeded to gently rub my belly, and then for the picture, held the teddy bear in front of my stomach. It was so cute, and so much fun!

Okay, hijack over. Just thought you might like that. ;)

P.S. Of course we're interested in lil ole you!

That is so adorable! I love Chip & Dale, I think it was because I watched all those Rescue Rangers cartoons as a child. Now I am singing the song in my head. :rolleyes1

I actually have written down your pizza planet tip down in my planning notebook. I have been keeping a collection of random things that I have never done before that I would like to try during this trip. Of course for pretrip report purposes you will have to wait to see what the rest are. On our second date, DF and I went to an arcade and he won me a lion that I still have. I think it would be fun to go to and play. Thanks for the tip!

That is so adorable! I love Chip & Dale, I think it was because I watched all those Rescue Rangers cartoons as a child. Now I am singing the song in my head. :rolleyes1

I loved the Rescue Rangers! And Tail Spin! And Duck Tales! Remember all those? They were so much fun. :::sigh:::

I actually have written down your pizza planet tip down in my planning notebook. I have been keeping a collection of random things that I have never done before that I would like to try during this trip. Of course for pretrip report purposes you will have to wait to see what the rest are. On our second date, DF and I went to an arcade and he won me a lion that I still have. I think it would be fun to go to and play. Thanks for the tip!

Happy to help. :)

I loved the Rescue Rangers! And Tail Spin! And Duck Tales! Remember all those? They were so much fun. :::sigh:::

I loved all of those, especially Duck Tales. I just don't think they make shows like that anymore, though I do love Jo Jo's Circus, hehehe. She's so cute and the lion, I mean his name is Goliath, how cool is that? I envy that you have an excuse to go to the Playhouse Disney shows. I believe this was on the Disney Channel way back in the day but I am not sure, I loooooved "The Wuzzles" Oh my! They were wonderful. :yay:

:banana: Love it so far! A Bermuda cruise sounds awesome :cloud9:

Great pictures of you two! :thumbsup2

Thanks! With all my obsessing with planning the trip to WDW, sometimes I forget I am going on the cruise. That makes me sound like a true diva but I am really not. It's such a nice little surprise when I remember. I can't wait to relax! :boat:

Thanks! With all my obsessing with planning the trip to WDW, sometimes I forget I am going on the cruise. That makes me sound like a true diva but I am really not. It's such a nice little surprise when I remember. I can't wait to relax! :boat:

You don't sound like a diva at all. In the midst of all my wedding stuff, I actually forgot about my honeymoon ALOT. (We did 6 nights at the Polynesian and a 4 day Disney cruise)
As I was walking down the aisle, I was like, "I'm going to Disney tomorrow, I'm going to Disney tomorrow" so I wouldn't be so nervous! :lmao:

How long of a cruise are you taking? I hope we get to see pictures when you get back!

You don't sound like a diva at all. In the midst of all my wedding stuff, I actually forgot about my honeymoon ALOT. (We did 6 nights at the Polynesian and a 4 day Disney cruise)
As I was walking down the aisle, I was like, "I'm going to Disney tomorrow, I'm going to Disney tomorrow" so I wouldn't be so nervous! :lmao:

How long of a cruise are you taking? I hope we get to see pictures when you get back!

We are going for 7 nights. It leaves right in Boston, so we don't have to fly or anything. I am excited. My parents are actually going on the same cruise in May so I am hoping they will give us some good tips. Honestly though, I don't want to plan anything, I just want to take lots of pictures. I love pictures, I will post some after. I have some I want post now too but think I am going to wait until I run out of things to write about. :laughing: I do keep telling DF if we like this cruise that we should do the Disney Cruise next year. Hehehe.

I was trying to find this picture earlier and couldn't but Voila, here it is. This was in October, we had just gotten engaged about two weeks before.

105_0797-1.jpg

I also wanted to show off our children a.k.a. our kitties! Sadly they will not be coming to Disney. I am not sure who will take care of them when we are gone, I think it depends on how it goes while we are on the cruise.

Sulley - Named after the Monster himself, when he was little he had all that spikey hair all over the place. DF refers to him as "Big Moose-y" He weighs over 20lbs and I am guessing he is closer to 25lbs now. Sulley is my baby, I have had him since he was kitten. He is the chewer of all things plastic, likes to cuddle on top of my arm while I am navigating the computer mouse and if you leave open a dresser drawer he will sleep in it, also likes to sleep in boxes.
105_0618.jpg

P1020907.jpg

Ruby - Took us about 3 weeks to name her. I really wanted to name her Boo but DF wouldn't go for it. Her names fits her and we usually call her "Ruby Doobie" She is almost a year old. We got her after I moved in with DF and Sulley was lonely for the cats that lived with us before. He doesn't like to be alone. Ruby is a little doll but doesn't let Sulley boss her around, if anything it is the other way around. She is fiesty and will attack Sulley at a moments notice.
105_0911.jpg

105_0749.jpg

Here are some with them together. The first one was the first couple of days that Ruby was home. Sulley hissed at her for at least two days and I really thought it was going to work out. You can see the huge difference in size!
105_0774.jpg

105_0828.jpg

So that is our little family!

HI Leslie! I am Kathleen and I found you over on Heather's PTR! Great story so far....I'm in!:goodvibes

You're one of the cool kids now! :goodvibes

Your wedding sounds like it will be lovely! Great pics of you and DF! The cruise sounds wonderful. I am sure it will be the perfect honeymoon!

Yeay for Disney on your birthday! Remember to get a birthday button from Guest Relations! :thumbsup2

Your kitties are precious! I love how Sully sleeps on his back -- my Bagheera does that too!

You're one of the cool kids now! :goodvibes

Your wedding sounds like it will be lovely! Great pics of you and DF! The cruise sounds wonderful. I am sure it will be the perfect honeymoon!

Yeay for Disney on your birthday! Remember to get a birthday button from Guest Relations! :thumbsup2

Your kitties are precious! I love how Sully sleeps on his back -- my Bagheera does that too!

I feel like one of the cool kids and that is half the battle! :rotfl:
Sulley loves sleeping on his back like that. Last night while I was on the computer he was next to me on the desk, because of course he knocked down the picture frame and I had on there, silly me! I should have known he'd want to sleep there. Anyways, I go to get up and I must have startled himi and he was on his back and he almost rolled over on the floor. It was really cute. He caught himself though.

As I was falling asleep last night I was thinking about that great binder you put together. I think I am going to have to attempt something like that. That's how I get myself to sleep at night, think about things related to my Disney Trip. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter