Itinerary experts/veterans-Need your help

awatt

<font color=CC66CC>My pontoon boat is like a float
I'm thinking I've made a mistake in planning. can you help me?

We will be there week of 6/23. Our 1st park will be Tues at MGM for EE in the morning. We'll take a midday break and then go to MK about 4PM. The next day,Wed we'll do the reverse- MK in AM and MGM in PM.

If FP's on the major attractions during a busy time of year can be gone by early afternoon does it make sense to split days like this? Seems when we get to the evening park there will be long lines and no FP's. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Hi! You may be right. We went to EPCOT on our trip down last August. We picked up our f/p for test track pretty early in the a.m. I'm sorry I can't remember the exact time, but shortly after we got ours there were no more f/p's left for the entire day. Unfortunately we had dinner plans elsewhere and had to leave the park before our f/p time came up. We gave them to other people as we walked out. On another day we walked up to the Pooh ride at MK right after there were no more f/p to give out. Because the line was long, we left and decided to try later. When we came back later in the evening, there was almost no line and we got to ride! F/p is great when you can get it and the return times fits your needs. If not, stand-by lines usually peak and slow down naturally, even in busy times. You may just have to play it by ear!!

Should I not split the day between 2 parks?

Since you will be going to both parks in the am, why don't you try to do the FP rides in the morning. In the pm you can do what you missed and the non FP rides. Often the crowds thin out after 4 or 5 pm and the standby lines aren't very long. Either way you will be in a park in the late pm, and the FPs may be gone. I don't think it matters which park you'd be in.

Thanks. that makes perfect sense and its reassuring.

I had viosions of walking in at 4Pm and not being able to do anything because of lines/crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter