"It was the time of our lives!" WL Jan 10-15 2010 NEW: 5/17 PTR LINK UP!! PG 44

Hi Katie!! Wow--what amazing updates!! :thumbsup2 I missed so much, but I'm finally all caught up! Let's see if I remember everything I want to comment on...

First of all OH MY. The Wilderness Lodge is gorgeous!!! It really reminds me a lot of AKL (with the railings showing in the lobby and the sink in your room and things like that). I can't wait to visit it next time.

That's so sweet that the CM let your daughter have a pin right after you got there! What a great start.

YAYAYAYAY!! :woohoo: I'm so excited that the Christmas decorations were still up for you! They are just gorgeous. I am determined to see them someday. And it probably helped the fact that it was so cold because you could look around and still feel like it was Christmas.

AW--I bet your son and those ladies Polka dancing was just adorable! :cutie: I love how everyone is just so friendly at WDW. And Polka Dancing makes me think of Steve Urkle :laughing:

I can't believe it was so cold in Florida! I mean, I expect it here (we've had snow/ice twice this winter already and temps below freezing) but not in Florida! It's supposed to be sunny! I hope it warms up for your family. But your blanket is super cute--I'm glad you thought to buy it!

Sorry about the loading docks. That really stinks. It's a good thing you were prepared with the sound maker! And Woo-Hoo for being able to see Wishes from your room! That's so great.

WONDERFUL start to your report!! I can't wait to read about the rest of the days! :goodvibes It looks like your family is going to have the greatest time ever.

Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much for all of your comments!! It was freezing and def. broke all sorts of records. Gets better, though! We did have a fantastic time!! I feel like I want to finish the TR all at once b/c there is so much I want to write about! ha!

Great start! I'm so glad that you guys loved WL. Isn't the boatride to MK a nice treat? Can't wait to read more.:thumbsup2

YES! The boat ride was surprisingly quick and peaceful. Thanks so much for reading!!!!! Hope the little one is doing well!

Oh my gosh, poor Aiden getting his leg stuck under the stroller! I'm glad he was okay, but what a scary moment for you and for him!

Isn't Soarin' the best?! I absolutely love that ride, I even kick my feet back and forth like a little kid - and it never fails, I lift them up without even thinking about it on the part where you go towards the mtn & then pull up last minute. The smells, the breeze - it's just an awesome ride! :goodvibes

Great update, I am glad to hear your sons leg is fine. We didn't get a chance to ride soaring last time we were at WDW, and I can't wait!

YAY for an Epcot update!! :woohoo: I just love seeing Abby wear my bow! :lovestruc Too cute! I love how you clipped it to her hat! I'm so sorry that Aiden hurt his foot on the stroller--how scary!! I'm glad we were able to figure out an alternative for renting a stroller!! :goodvibes And YAY for Soarin'!! It is my absolute favorite ride in all of WDW!!! Can't wait to see where you go next, what character you meet, and what you buy!! :goodvibes

Great update! I can't wait to try Soarin'! I get a little nervous with heights, too, but I think I will do ok with it. I am glad that Aiden's leg was ok, that must have been scary. Can't wait to hear more!

I'm so excited for one of your updates! I love them :goodvibes You do such a good job of detailing your day.

Love the kids clothes - and that clippie is adorable! How scary about DS and the stroller - I'm so glad it wasn't anything too serious.

I'm so glad someone else calls Spaceship Earth "the ball". I just updated about our afternoon at Epcot and I wrote the same thing :thumbsup2

And don't you just LOVE Soarin'? Such an amazing ride - makes me want to take a ride right now!

Can't wait for more!

Poor little Aiden getting his leg caught in the stroller, thank goodness he was OK, the seats on the strollers aways look pretty slippery to me!

I find Soarin to be such a relaxing ride, I even listen to the music at home sometimes, I'm so glad you overcame your fears to ride it :thumbsup2

I'm all caught up! Great report so far. WL looks heavenly! :cloud9: I love the fireworks from your balcony! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

Oh my gosh, poor Aiden getting his leg stuck under the stroller! I'm glad he was okay, but what a scary moment for you and for him!

Isn't Soarin' the best?! I absolutely love that ride, I even kick my feet back and forth like a little kid - and it never fails, I lift them up without even thinking about it on the part where you go towards the mtn & then pull up last minute. The smells, the breeze - it's just an awesome ride! :goodvibes

UGH! I know!! I hate to even think about it!
Soarin' is amazing!!! I loved it, was still nervous, but loved it!

Great update, I am glad to hear your sons leg is fine. We didn't get a chance to ride soaring last time we were at WDW, and I can't wait!

Ohhh total must do! It was amazing!! I am so happy he was not hurt too!

YAY for an Epcot update!! :woohoo: I just love seeing Abby wear my bow! :lovestruc Too cute! I love how you clipped it to her hat! I'm so sorry that Aiden hurt his foot on the stroller--how scary!! I'm glad we were able to figure out an alternative for renting a stroller!! :goodvibes And YAY for Soarin'!! It is my absolute favorite ride in all of WDW!!! Can't wait to see where you go next, what character you meet, and what you buy!! :goodvibes

Just a little update :) Still REALLY tired from the Saints celebration! The kids got off two hours early today for the Saints parade in New Orleans!

That was the "emergency" that I told you about! It was horrible...dang strollers!! We loved it too!!! Soarin' is Abby's absolute favorite now! I should update soon.

Great update! I can't wait to try SoariI n'! I get a little nervous with heights, too, but I think I will do ok with it. I am glad that Aiden's leg was ok, that must have been scary. Can't wait to hear more!

I think you will be fine! It really does have it's moments where you are like "WOAH..you are on a ride...you are not really flying" haha It was scary, but happy it was all ok in the end!

I'm so excited for one of your updates! I love them :goodvibes You do such a good job of detailing your day.

Love the kids clothes - and that clippie is adorable! How scary about DS and the stroller - I'm so glad it wasn't anything too serious.

I'm so glad someone else calls Spaceship Earth "the ball". I just updated about our afternoon at Epcot and I wrote the same thing :thumbsup2

And don't you just LOVE Soarin'? Such an amazing ride - makes me want to take a ride right now!

Can't wait for more!

THANK YOU!!!! I love your updates too!!! The clippie is so well made by Becky! I was so happy with her work!

HAHA we have always called it "the ball". I did read that on your TR...SO FUNNY! Great minds think alike.

Soarin' is a once in a lifetime ride!

Yay for such a short wait for Soarin'! I'm so glad Aiden's leg is OK; how scary!

Denise

The waits were amazing that day!!! We loved it! It was scary, but a learning experience for sure!!

I'm on page 7 and loving it so far! I'll let you know when I'm all caught up!

YAY! Thanks for reading it!!

Poor little Aiden getting his leg caught in the stroller, thank goodness he was OK, the seats on the strollers aways look pretty slippery to me!

I find Soarin to be such a relaxing ride, I even listen to the music at home sometimes, I'm so glad you overcame your fears to ride it :thumbsup2

They ARE slippery!!! The old ones were NOT! We will rent from Orlando strollers next time!

Soarin is relaxing...I would love to get the music!!! Where did you find it??

Terrific update! Glad your daughter loved Soarin!

Thank you so much!!! It is her favorite ride now!

I'm all caught up! Great report so far. WL looks heavenly! :cloud9: I love the fireworks from your balcony! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

SO happy you caught up!! I will do a much bigger update of Epcot tomorrow:) WL is AMAZING!! Everything we could want in a resort. I dont know if we can stay anywhere else! hehe.

Hey Katie!!! :goodvibes

Sorry I am late getting here! But, I am here now and going to go catch up!! I love the caricature picture of your beautiful babies!!:goodvibes

Yes! That is right! Another update:thumbsup2

Sorry to leave you so soon last update! We have been recovering from too much celebrating after our Saints won the Super Bowl!!! Our entire region has just stopped working and attending school to have fun and party :woohoo: Such a special moment!

Take some time to watch this amazing Disney commercial featuring the Saints (if you haven’t already seen it)!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAOVdJ0Z-N0

I just LOVE seeing the gold and black Mickey balloons :cloud9:

Also, here is an article and pics of Drew Brees the day after the Super Bowl in the Magic Kingdom parade!!! Wish I would have been there for that!! (Compliments of the disboards)

http://www.disunplugged.com/2010/02...-new-orleans-saints-visits-walt-disney-world/

My husband and I have been in New Orleans the past TWO weekends having a blast and celebrating our wedding anniversary. It has been just GREAT! The players and coaches are amazing. Sean Peyton (head coach of the Saints) lives close to me, so some kids and their parents waited for him to get home from the airport outside his subdivision. He actually stuck the Lombardi Trophy out of his sunroof and they all got to touch it and take pics with it!! Class act. Quoting one of my favorite movies (Princess and the Frog)

“Dreams DO Come True in New Orleans!”

Ok---back to the TR--

Last I left you, we finished Soarin’ and were headed to Nemo!!

DisneyDay2EpcotJan11017.jpg

My husband took a phone call for work, so the kids and I hung out by the entrance. Aiden got a KICK out of the seagulls that say “Mine, Mine, Mine!” He would call to them “Heeeyyy birdies!” and then they would “reply” to him. He really thought he was making them do it. He was screaming and jumping up and down saying “I did it!”…everyone was laughing at him. We got some pretty funny video. Here they are checking out the birds.

DisneyDay2EpcotJan11015.jpg

We enjoyed the ride, like always. Abby just loves boarding the shells…such a cute touch!

Right when we got off of the ride, there was only 3 minutes until the next Turtle Talk with Crush show! We ran in and I encouraged Abby to go sit in the front in order to have a chance to get picked. I forgot to mention to sit in the center :rolleyes: So, she sat to the far right where the CM placed her…and did not get picked. Maybe she will have much better luck later during the rest of the vacation? We shall see ;)

BUT the show was great none the less. Crush was super funny and had all of us laughing so hard.

DisneyDay2EpcotJan11020.jpg

When we finished, we exited but could not resist the Nemo gift shop!! My daughter has a tradition of saving up money all year for Disney. She has an Ariel piggy bank and this girl seriously saves it ALL!! She saved up to $150 for this trip. We really wanted to get her Disney Dollars to make it more fun for her. Unfortunately (if you do not know already) the Disney Stores will not be carrying them anymore and they encouraged me to get them from the front desk at the Wilderness Lodge. I tried that, and they did not have any either. So, we just ended up getting her a gift card.

This moment was so sweet to me. She ended up picking a snow globe of the seagulls that said “Mine” in front of the ride to remember the funny moment with her brother!! She also splurged on Nemo bath toys for Aiden. How sweet is that :love:

SaintsSB2010011.jpg

SaintsSB2010037.jpg

We had them send the gifts to the room so that we did not have to carry them with us. It took about two days for them to get back to the room----so don’t do it if you are leaving the following day!!

Up next…one of our favorites! Spaceship Earth!! Don’t you just LOVE the Michelangelo part where he is painting the ceiling? It gives me chills!!

DisneyDay2EpcotJan11029.jpg

DisneyDay2EpcotJan11032.jpg

Our ending “future” story was SOO funny.

DisneyDay2EpcotJan11033.jpg

We were laughing so hard that we were crying. The picture of my DD was horrible!! She was looking off and kind of had her mouth open. My DS had his pacifier in and my picture looked like a glamour shot! My head was kind of sideways and I had a big smile. My DH was the only one that looked normal. It just made the future scene that much funnier, though.

When exiting Spaceship Earth, we headed to the Character Spot to check out the wait. We had been walking right on all of the rides, but this was an exception. It was about a 40 minute wait, so we walked off and decided to come back later to try again.

Where were we going next? Back to Soarin’! Our fastpasses for my DH and DD were ready to be used and she was dying to show her Daddy the ride. On our way, we stopped and enjoyed a show from the JAMMitors! They were great.

Then, my DD spotted our first characters!!! I think it was too cold for them to come out the day before at the MK :goodvibes

Who did we see……………….
CONT ON NEXT POST

Chip and Dale!!! My kids LOVE them, so it was a nice surprise. I was anxious to see how my son was going to react to them this year now that he was a toddler. We knew he would do great and he did! He just loved the character interaction!!

At this point, I broke out a frame matting that I brought for the characters to sign. We would use it when we got home to frame a picture of the kids at WDW. Pics of the final product to come later in the TR! Chip and Dale so kindly signed it for us :lovestruc

DisneyDay2EpcotJan11023-1.jpg

We headed off to Soarin’. My DH and DD rode while Aiden and I took in the atmosphere and changed his diaper. When they got off, they both had huge smiles on their faces!! Such an amazing ride!

My son was getting ready to nap, so we loaded he and his sister in the stroller to help him doze off. Our plan was to fastpass Test Track and then head to the World Showcase to get on the friendship boat to lunch. I took out my iPhone to check the Test Track wait time and saw that it said “CL” which is code for CLOSED :scared1:

What!!???

This was a total surprise. I had researched right up to our arrival, and the only ride that was scheduled to close was Splash Mountain. We decided to find a CM and make sure it was true. My DD was REALLY looking forward to trying TT.

UP NEXT: Say it isn’t so! Is Test Track REALLY closed? Which lunch spot do we chose? Stay tuned!

Hey Katie!!! :goodvibes

Sorry I am late getting here! But, I am here now and going to go catch up!! I love the caricature picture of your beautiful babies!!:goodvibes

Thats ok!!! I am just so happy you are here :cheer2::cheer2:
Hope you are resting up and feeling great! Can't WAIT to find out what the baby is!!

The Super Bowl commercials give me chills all the time...I'm such a sap! :rotfl:

We're usually at WDW during the Super Bowl (this year I went on a cruise and fouled everything up...such a pained existence, I tell you!) But I don't think I've ever seen them run the parade so quickly after. That would have been neat to see!

That's so sweet of your little girl to buy stuff for her brother! ...It's things like that which make me want to have kids. Adorable.

cute update :goodvibes - that's so nice that DD saved so much money to spend at WDW!! :cutie:

My DF is a Saints fan (not many British people follow NFL, but he loves all sport so much!) but he couldn't watch the superbowl as it didn't start until 11.30pm UK time!! :rotfl: - he woke up in the middle of the night to check the final score!
Then we watched the whole thing on Monday night (recorded on Sky+, it's our version of TiVo!) - I'm finally learning the rules of the game, I think!! :rotfl: ...lol and I posted the Drew Brees 'Disney World' advert on my facebook page too, so magical! :wizard:

Looking forward to reading more

Emma princess: x

Congrats to your Saints! :cheer2: We were pulling for them here as well (even though it was hard since they beat my Vikes! :rolleyes: ). There are 3 former Sooners on the Saints roster, so we had to cheer for them! And, that footage of Drew Brees after the game, all teary eyed, holding his son - that was magical right there! :cloud9:

On to your update - I love the fact that Abby picked the snow globe in order to remember the moment with her brother, and the fact that she bought something for him. That is so sweet! :goodvibes You're doing a good job, mom!

I also think that is such a clever idea about the picture mat - I can't wait to see the finished product!

She ended up picking a snow globe of the seagulls that said “Mine” in front of the ride to remember the funny moment with her brother!! She also splurged on Nemo bath toys for Aiden. How sweet is that :love:

What a great sister! I love the snow globe she picked out!

We would use it when we got home to frame a picture of the kids at WDW. Pics of the final product to come later in the TR!

Can't wait to see it! :yay:

I hope that Test Track was just temporarily closed! :eek:

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter