"It was the time of our lives!" WL Jan 10-15 2010 NEW: 5/17 PTR LINK UP!! PG 44

Great update Katie! What a gorgeous day it was! The sky is so blue and I can sense all the excitement in your writing!!

I can relate to the whole stroller dilemma - it's so hard to decide what to do, but we will be renting a double stroller from orlandostrollerrentals.com like we did last October when we go back in 2 weeks. Yes, my girls are 5 and 6 but really...Disney is HUGE and they will be tired, so we will still be using one this trip - the weight limit is 100 pounds so we are getting in just under the wire with one being 39 and one being 44...a total of 83 pounds! It is such a nice stroller and we loved having one that we could take out of the parks. I hope your stroller wasn't too much of an issue - I agree, they have made them a lot smaller than they used to be! On our big Thanksgiving trip in 2007, we piled a whole bunch of kids in a double stroller (not for too long)....it looked like a clown car!!:rotfl:

Sara

Thank you, Sara!!! I just got done reading most of your Thanksgiving TR! We are seriously considering going for Thanksgiving with the family for my DS birthday. I am just really concerned about the crowds. I LOVED your report though!! I will have to pick your brain.

I am so happy you agree about the strollers! They def. help a lot. Oh--and I just updated again.

Love the update! :goodvibes

It sounds like we had similar reactions seeing the Christmas decorations! I totally wasn't expecting them either...what a great way to start out, right?!

And wow...that stroller looks so small!

Can't wait to read more!!!

YAY!! So happy about the decorations!! Still cant get over it. I just updated as well!!!

YAY for the Christmas decorations still being up!!! :woohoo: Oh my! Those strollers do look TINY!! Ally is super-tall--I'm not sure she and Claire would be comfortable in a stroller like that! I envison them elbowing each other and getting in each other's space! YIKES! Hmmm. . . Were there straps to buckle in Aiden? I would be afraid that Claire would just climb out whenever she felt the need--you know?! Can't wait to read more!! :goodvibes

Sounds like both of our girls are tall for their age (not a shocker!) UGH the strollers were so small. There were two buckles, so we did buckle Aiden in on one side but not Abby. We had a little issue with Aiden getting out that almost resulted in an emergency, stay tuned (EPCOT day). There were moments where they would start to complain that one was eating the other's snack, playing with their toys, etc. We would just tell Abby to get out and walk if they had trouble. Just updated--check it out!

I remember staying at the WL when we were younger...my brother was 8 or 9 and I was 11 or 12. The best part was that boat ride!

Also, have you looked into Orlando Stroller Rental? Not having kids I don't know much about it except that they'll drop the stroller off at your resort and pick it up at the end of your stay...might be something worthwhile?

And on the cruise...it's not a Disney Cruise :( My boyfriend loves cruising, and since he humors me on all my Disney trips, I caved and agreed to a cruise. I looked into a Disney cruise, but it's twice the price of a Carnival cruise...I just couldn't justify it. We'll see how I like it :) We are going to Disneyland in March though. I'm super excited! :yay:

YAY for Disneyland!!! And I am sure the cruise will be great!! I have heard that the Disney cruises are more expensive!! I have seen the stroller rental place. We are most likely going to drive to WDW, so we have plenty of room to bring our own. I think we decided that we would bring one for my DS that reclines for naps, and make my DD walk the parks in December! Yikes!

I am so glad the decorations were still up for you to see - aren't they just incredible?! :lovestruc

I don't envy people with the stroller dilemna; it seems like a tough one. Justin is 3 1/2 and so he is still in a stroller but my aunt was wondering if this trip would be he last one, just because of hauling it around, etc.

Have a great weekend!

Strollers are a PAIN! But decorations were amazing!!

That's so awesome that the Christmas decorations were still up - aren't they gorgeous?!

That stroller does look really small. I thankfully never had to deal with a stroller at WDW. My youngest was 4 during our first trip with the kids and he hated being in a stroller, so I lucked out! He was a trooper that whole week and the only time that he complained of tired legs was when we were walking around World Showcase - more than likely he was just bored ;)

HAHA yes, he was probably bored. We are not going to get one next year for my DD. She will have to tough it out! I will do another update tonight about the strollers. Thanks for reading!!

OK, the pic of your little boy dancing outside of Pinocchio's is just too cute & I love that those ladies stopped to dance with him! :goodvibes

That blanket looks super comfy!!

great TR!!! love it so far and can't wait to see the pictures of your room!!! :goodvibes Thanks for sharing, great job!!! :thumbsup2

Nice update!! MK looks beautiful... I wish I could be there right now :goodvibes

We saw that dancing CM on the bridge to Adventureland.. she must be one of those 'hidden' disney treasures!!

DSC01664.jpg

(she's standing on the left)

She didn't even stop dancing when people walked up to her to ask questions! :cool1:

Looking forward to reading more

Emma princess: x

Sounds like a lovely day, I love your blanket it's so cute and it really sounded as though you needed it!!!

Katie, I am loving your report so far!!! You have already had so many magical moments, no wonder it was the time of your lives! :goodvibes I am so happy for you that you got to see the decorations. I want to see the castle all lit up so badly! I can't wait to hear about the rest. I know someone that was there for some of your days so I keep scanning all the pics with crowds in them to see if you crossed paths, it would be funny if you had!

I just read all of your trip report so far and am really enjoying it! Can't wait to hear what happens next!

that blanket looks so nice and warm, I'm sure you are happy you made that purchase. And it will be a great souvenir from your trip. Can't wait to see more pictures from WL. I stayed there in Sept for a quick trip, it is such a magical resort.

Sounds like both of our girls are tall for their age (not a shocker!) UGH the strollers were so small. There were two buckles, so we did buckle Aiden in on one side but not Abby. We had a little issue with Aiden getting out that almost resulted in an emergency, stay tuned (EPCOT day). There were moments where they would start to complain that one was eating the other's snack, playing with their toys, etc. We would just tell Abby to get out and walk if they had trouble. Just updated--check it out!

Yes!! Ally has always been in the 95th percentile for heighth!! Oooh--I think you have convinced me that renting the WDW strollers is NOT the way to go!! Thank you for sharing all of that valuable info! Uh oh--I can't imagine what happened to Aiden in Epcot!! YIKES!

Loved the update! We have matching Cupcake Pink Hipsters!! :goodvibes Love it!! Aiden is sooo cute dancing to the polka music!! Would you believe that I didn't know that Pinocchio Village Haus had an upstairs?! Good to know!! :thumbsup2 Love the blanket!! Sorry it was sooo cold!! Ya'll got the record temps and we got the record rainfall!!! :scared1:

Another great update :thumbsup2 You all got so much done! And it sounds like your kids were having an absolute blast!!! That picture of your DS dancing is adorable :goodvibes

And wasn't that cold crazy?! You were smart to buy that blanket - we should have done that since it was cold for us the entire week. I wasn't expecting those temps so I didn't even bring heavy jackets for us, just light ones.

Excited to hear about your room at WL!

Katie, what a fun first day! Nothing like the MK :lovestruc So sorry you guys had to deal with those temperatures though! We've only been to the world in August (and once in October), so I absolutely can't imagine walking down Main Street in anything but shorts and a tank!
Can't wait to hear more!

Hi! Thanks for posting on my TR!

I can't wait to find out where your room is! I agree that blanket does look like the best purchase ever :)

I feel so badly for your DS not being able to get comfy in the strollers. I know how it can be with a 2yr old that needs some sleep!

Joining late, but your TR looks like fun! I wondered how the cold weather in FL had affected everyone! Can't wait to see what room y'all got.

OK, the pic of your little boy dancing outside of Pinocchio's is just too cute & I love that those ladies stopped to dance with him! :goodvibes

That blanket looks super comfy!!

The blanket WAS comfy! Cant wait to use it to watch a movie! It was such a cute moment! One I will never forget!

great TR!!! love it so far and can't wait to see the pictures of your room!!! :goodvibes Thanks for sharing, great job!!! :thumbsup2

Thank you SO much!! Glad you like it---should post about the room tonight!

Nice update!! MK looks beautiful... I wish I could be there right now :goodvibes

We saw that dancing CM on the bridge to Adventureland.. she must be one of those 'hidden' disney treasures!!

DSC01664.jpg

(she's standing on the left)

She didn't even stop dancing when people walked up to her to ask questions! :cool1:

Looking forward to reading more

Emma princess: x

Emma--How funny is that!! It must be her job to dance and welcome people!! That is so funny that she just kept dancing. She seemed to have a playful personality and was very nice to pose for me. Thanks for showing me the pic!!!

Sounds like a lovely day, I love your blanket it's so cute and it really sounded as though you needed it!!!

It was a great day, Jo!!! Thanks so much for reading and commenting!!!

Katie, I am loving your report so far!!! You have already had so many magical moments, no wonder it was the time of your lives! :goodvibes I am so happy for you that you got to see the decorations. I want to see the castle all lit up so badly! I can't wait to hear about the rest. I know someone that was there for some of your days so I keep scanning all the pics with crowds in them to see if you crossed paths, it would be funny if you had!

Hi!!!! Can you believe that they days just get better from here?! I will post about the castle tonight. That would be SO funny if we were in their pics...let me know!!!

I'm in! Just found your report! Loving it!! :thumbsup2
I really want to go and see the Christmas Decor too!!

Thank you so much for reading!!! The Christmas decorations were so amazing!
I hope you get to see them one day!!

I just read all of your trip report so far and am really enjoying it! Can't wait to hear what happens next!

Thank you so much and WELCOME!!! I will post about our room and dinner tonight. So happy you are reading along!!

that blanket looks so nice and warm, I'm sure you are happy you made that purchase. And it will be a great souvenir from your trip. Can't wait to see more pictures from WL. I stayed there in Sept for a quick trip, it is such a magical resort.

THe WL was amazing!!!! And so was the blanket! We are still using it. It is very good quality. I should post more tonight! Thanks for reading along!!

Looks like you had a wonderful first day at the Magic Kingdom!

We did, thank you!!!

Yes!! Ally has always been in the 95th percentile for heighth!! Oooh--I think you have convinced me that renting the WDW strollers is NOT the way to go!! Thank you for sharing all of that valuable info! Uh oh--I can't imagine what happened to Aiden in Epcot!! YIKES!

Loved the update! We have matching Cupcake Pink Hipsters!! :goodvibes Love it!! Aiden is sooo cute dancing to the polka music!! Would you believe that I didn't know that Pinocchio Village Haus had an upstairs?! Good to know!! :thumbsup2 Love the blanket!! Sorry it was sooo cold!! Ya'll got the record temps and we got the record rainfall!!! :scared1:

That is so funny---Abby has always been in the 95th percentile!! Aiden was ok, of course, but it was a close call with his little legs hanging out of the stroller :eek: I loved my hipster!! My mom gave it to me for Christmas. I will post something soon on what I had inside...I ended up formulating what I thought was the perfect use of the purse.

Yes!!! Pinocchio's has an upstairs!! And it is soooo much better up there. There are only a couple of tables, so we got lucky. But, for that reason, it was really quiet and not busy at all. The blanket was one of my favorite purchases. And yes---that is SO our luck to get the COLD and the RAIN!!!! What gives?! hehe

i'm here!! can't wait to read everything!!

Thank you so much for reading along and WELCOME!!!

Another great update :thumbsup2 You all got so much done! And it sounds like your kids were having an absolute blast!!! That picture of your DS dancing is adorable :goodvibes

And wasn't that cold crazy?! You were smart to buy that blanket - we should have done that since it was cold for us the entire week. I wasn't expecting those temps so I didn't even bring heavy jackets for us, just light ones.

Excited to hear about your room at WL!

I know!!! You were there for all the crazy cold!!! It gets much warmer for us the next day. What did you do about jackets?! Did you have to buy new ones?? I should post about our room tonight!!!

Katie, what a fun first day! Nothing like the MK :lovestruc So sorry you guys had to deal with those temperatures though! We've only been to the world in August (and once in October), so I absolutely can't imagine walking down Main Street in anything but shorts and a tank!
Can't wait to hear more!

HAHA it was a very different experience! I had to buy a backpack for all of our gloves, hats, etc. Made it even harder to tour with children!! I should post more tonight!! Thanks for reading along!!

Hi! Thanks for posting on my TR!

I can't wait to find out where your room is! I agree that blanket does look like the best purchase ever :)

I feel so badly for your DS not being able to get comfy in the strollers. I know how it can be with a 2yr old that needs some sleep!

Thank you so much! I am very lucky to have a mellow 2 year old who can skip a nap and still act like an angel! I guess it was God's gift after I had my DD who fought sleep and got really cranky!! hehe

I should post about our room tonight!!! Thanks so much for reading along! I am enjoying your TR as well!

OH--and I meant to ask you about your screen name. Is it a play off of Dixie Chicks? Because I love them.:lovestruc

Joining late, but your TR looks like fun! I wondered how the cold weather in FL had affected everyone! Can't wait to see what room y'all got.

Thank you SO much for reading!!! Luckily, it only affected us for this one day. I was SO glad I ordred the kids fleeces! My DH and my mother kept telling me I was crazy for buying gloves and thermals to go to Florida b.c it was usually in the 70s. Good thing I did!!! I will post tonight about the room!

Great update! Katie,
the pictures are so beautiful...such a clear day...I love the sunset pictures such a beautiful ending.

thanks! for all the info on the stroller I know now that we will be renting from the orlando stroller rental when we go in Nov/Dec.

:wave2: Connie

Hi Katie!

Loved the update. Too bad how cold it was on your 1st day in the MK! Hopefully it warmed up before you left, although as I recall your trip was smack dab in the middle of the cold spell, wasn't it?

Definitely do the non-Disney stroller rental next time. My 6 yr old (who is also quite tall) fit in fine along with my 4 yr old. And the double jogger that I rented definitely reclined. I have used both Orlando Stroller rentals and Baby's Best Friend, but my preference was Baby's Best Friend, both for the stroller itself (more of a true jogger) and slightly cheaper rate.

Looking forward to seeing your room! I take it the resort Christmas decorations were down during your stay? At least if you liked it so much during the non-Christmas time, I am sure you will be in love in December with the decorations. I hear it is one of the most popular resorts (if not the most popular) for Christmas decorations.

Can't wait for your next update!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter