• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It Takes Two, Baby; a 2017 Flower and Garden dining report *NEW dining report!*

Yum! I'm glad I'm getting this preview of the F&G booths, since many of the things you had are on my list.

I do plan to macaron it up while in Epcot!

Night Ranger looked so fun! I'm always happy when a band sounds as good as you remember. There's always that moment of anticipation for me...will they or won't they??

Hello and :welcome: I'm glad you decided to comment :) SO exciting that you're doing a F&G trip soon!! Any chance it's when Steve and I go back in May (18-22nd)?

We are going May 4-9!

I can't wait to try those Sugar Skewer Shrimp!! They look soooooo good!!!

I really enjoy your reports and I'm grateful that the slushi showdown worked out so well:)

One that stood out to me when going over all the offerings was Bauernmarkt in Germany so that's where we went and I got the Potato Pancake with Onions, Carmelized Ham, and Herb Sour Cream:

My notes for this day have somehow disappeared from my phone but I loved this and it's tied with the onion tart as my fave of the day (not counting dessert b/c nothing came close to that macaron).
I also got the cheese strudel:
That potato pancake looks so goooood! I skipped that in favor of the cheese strudel which was also really good.

If you didn't figure it out that's the Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer and all I heard on our way to our first FP was "OMG I could eat a bowl of these shrimp". "OMG this is so ___________good". "Holy ________ I wish I had more". You get the idea.
This was one of my favorites! I thought the rice was super flavorful.

Another great and hilarious update!!!

the La Vie En Rose has replaced the GG slush as my fave
YEAH LADY!!!!
(me too)

I was longing for the pretty pink one
Ha! I honestly think the pink may be half the allure. It's just so pretty!

Since it had been like, 45 minutes since we'd eaten we decided to hit another booth.
:rotfl: eat small foods, digest, repeat. Such is the festival life!

there's a lady's face right smack up close staring at the camera so I decided not to lol
That's totally her fault and she was asking for it...
I mean I guess if there was food in the picture I'd be peer pressuring you more to post it.

Apparently "white sangria" in the Moroccan language means "petit sangria"
LMAO! Well except for the thimble of wine your Tangierine grub looks fantastic! The last time I was there I don't feel like they had french fries though... :confused3 Maybe something to appeal to the masses?

I'd never tried - and still never have - the Grand Marnier slush so it was between the Grey Goose and this one. Really the only way to discern my favorite was to either drink both at the same time, which I should have done, or have one right after the other.
I might have to do this one our trip in September... You know for research purposes... of course.

Notice the very sexy iron burn on my hand in the first picture and the receipt in the second. Photography is not my forte.
I always have burns on my hands, usually from cooking not ironing. I don't iron. (at pretty much all costs)

However judging alcoholic slushes is, and I felt guilty saying this out loud but the La Vie En Rose has replaced the GG slush as my fave :ssst:
Maybe they will start having it all the time?!?! #fingerscrossed #probablynot

Before our May trip can one of you remind me not to listen to my husband?? Because as some of you know, this is a recurring theme with him.......
Ha!:rotfl2:

We then tried finding the egg and couldn't, which almost made me title this report "Where the hell is the &*%%# egg?!" I said a few choice words and walked on.
Also, :rotfl2:

As boring as some think it is I wanted to ride the boat ride in Mexico because I love the fireworks on the ceiling.
I love the ride too!

Well, you probably won't believe me when I tell you the line was longer than any line we saw over Thanksgiving break.
I know people are against adding rides to WS but this is a result of not having many rides... And everyone is in WS for FG?

Apparently "white sangria" in the Moroccan language means "petit sangria" because that cute little plastic cup was F&G size!
Your white sangria looks like white wine.... And personally, I feel like the glass the drinks come in can make or break the drink. And when they fill to the top like that, it just doesn't taste as good. Call me crazy..

They finished playing around 7 and as lame as it sounds we were done. We went back to Wilderness Lodge with all intentions of walking down to check out Geyser Point but that didn't quite happen. We did stop in the gift shop to pick up some drinks and snacks for the room but that was all these 2 old people could manage. After a call to the boys we called it a night.
Sounds like a great day to me! (But then again, I am old also... )

Another epic installment and I appreciate you going the extra mile in the name of science ;)
To be fair you should have included the Grand Marnier which is my favorite. Hopefully you can give it a try on a future trip. I'll have to wait till next March to try La Vie En Rose or what I like to call the "pink" one :drinking1:rotfl:
I'm sad we missed the Easter eggs that looks like so much fun.
Love all the food booths you tried great pictures.
Glad you got to see Night Ranger I'm surprised you remember them since you were just a toddler :goodvibes

Yay! Here!! Following along on your foodie trip! Getting super excited about F&G!! Only 3 weeks for us now!
Which means, how can I lose 10 lbs in 3 weeks so I can put it back on during the trip? :rotfl:

Beautiful and delicious pictures!
What is exactly in a crabless crab cake? Is it like a vegetarian crab cake?

Everything looks so good especially that onion tart from France. Just wondering, you mention the tart had rosemary in it, was it very strong? I don't love a lot of rosemary as I think it's too overpowering but a very very light touch is ok. Thyme I am ok with. That tart looks so good though! I've also had both LVER and GG slushies. I am torn between which one I like better. Well, the color of LVER definitely wins out but I am sometimes a purist when it comes to things I like. I've not tried the Gran Marnier one so maybe next time.

Wow Night Ranger!! That's awesome! I'm so jealous! We'll be there when Starship is there, so hopefully we can catch them.
Sister Christian oh the time has come....:rockband:

However judging alcoholic slushes is
Well, of course it is! :P

I felt guilty saying this out loud but the La Vie En Rose has replaced the GG slush as my fave :ssst:.
Ugh..I knew you would say this. The only reason I say ugh is because it won't still be there in June. Boo hoo!

Of course I enjoyed my grey goose one and didn't let a drop go to waste, but as I was drinking it I was longing for the pretty pink one I'd finished not long before. It's a bit sweeter and yummier.
Well, I'm glad you enjoyed it...but just be quiet about the pink one, already! :sad:

I'd like to say I'll add the Grand Marnier one to the test in May but since one can only get the LVER (being lazy) during festivals I don't think I'll want to get anything but that.
I'll gladly take on this responsibility! Since i can't get the pink one! :sad1:

find the egg there, which was the first one I had a hard time finding:

Love it!!

And waited until 2:43 when I went and checked the sign, only to find out Sergio does NOT perform on Saturdays.
Before our May trip can one of you remind me not to listen to my husband?? Because as some of you know, this is a recurring theme with him.......
HAHAHAHAHAHA

I got the Potato Pancake with Onions, Carmelized Ham, and Herb Sour Cream:

Other than the ham, I'm all about this.

I also got the cheese strudel:
I mentioned this on another report but this sounds yummy and I don't think I have ever had cheese strudel before!

We then tried finding the egg and couldn't, which almost made me title this report "Where the hell is the &*%%# egg?!" I said a few choice words and walked on.
:rotfl2:

Well, you probably won't believe me when I tell you the line was longer than any line we saw over Thanksgiving break.
:scared:

Spoiler alert: he got that something a total of 4x the whole trip so you might say he liked it, or looooooooved it.

Um...yummy!!

I'm (still) a HUGE fan of 80's music, especially hair bands.
Love me some 80's music. Do you have SiriusXM? They have the Hair Nation channel. It isn't my favorite but it's definitely on the list.

the standby line for the 6:45 show was insane!!! No way were we getting on it for almost 45 minutes.
Um...no.

Steve and I both ordered the Moroccan Kefta Platter:

Looks good!

I love olives so I enjoyed the marinated olive salad.
This would be for my DH. He is an olive lover as well.

Apparently "white sangria" in the Moroccan language means "petit sangria" because that cute little plastic cup was F&G size!
:rotfl:

Night Ranger was on stage already and it was pretty packed, but we were still able to get a decent seat:

Yay!

They sounded just as good as they did when I was...............when they were..................the last time I saw them ;)
:lmao:

We went back to Wilderness Lodge with all intentions of walking down to check out Geyser Point but that didn't quite happen.
So disappointed! I expected better of you! ;)

Yay I got to gloss over egg pics so I don't see them. Mmmmm potato pancakes, onions, and then strudel with berry compote. 9 more days just 9 more days. I can make it.
Now it's less than 9 days for you :cheer2: I hope you have a great time!

I've never tried either one :sad2: Both are on my list for F & W (assuming the LVEN is available then?)
I *think* it normally is? We haven't done F&W since 2011 and sadly, we barely tried anything then.

I don't know if it's the angle, but that egg looks like it's four feet tall. I'm wondering how you could have missed it??:rotfl2:
LOL! Believe me, it was NOT 4ft tall! It's actually up in the front of Japan along the promenade and I was looking in the country/gardens themselves. Plus you know how sometimes something is right in front of you but you still don't see it :rolleyes:

I KNOW how old you were because I was around that age too :crazy2: Maybe Motley Crue will be there in November for F & W :love:
If Motley Crue is EVER there for F&G, F&W, Night of Joy :rotfl2:, or anything else I will BE there. Guaranteed.

Ok, I gotta admit this does look pretty good but what in the heck is a crabless crabcake???? Call me crazy but one would think crab is just about the only ingredient you need in a crab cake.
No idea, I don't make the food I just eat (and drink) it :P

What's going on here? You are only on the second booth and already this is the second dish with mushrooms o_O
We called it, "Kari day".

Yum, this looks amazing!!!! Was it at the France booth too?
Yes! My favorite booth so far :thumbsup2

So I guess Steve liked this???? And why did you not try it? :P
Shrimp are to me as mushrooms are to you!

e had a total Tangerine Cafe ordering fail on our trip and this would have been a million times better than what we ended up with
Uh oh, now I'm curious to read about your Tanerine fail. Hurry up and get on with your report, woman!

But I did enjoy the worlds smallest sangria too :-)
::yes::

So funny about Night Ranger! They actually played in my town a year or two ago for our Prairie Fest (over Father's Day weekend). I could have walked over to see them...:rockband: This year we get Sugar Ray! Yay!!!!
I think Sugar Ray is/was at F&G this year too!

I will preface this by saying, this sounds like an AMAZING food day!!!!
It really was; couldn't get much better. I wasn't as thrilled with our final day because it seemed too thrown together but our first day and in between were :thumbsup2

Craving one of these.. on monday morning at 8:54 AM, but it's 5:00 somewhere right?!
That's right! That's why they make Mimosa's and Bloody Mary's :goodvibes

very cute pic of you two!! :lovestruc:lovestruc
thank you :hug:

Holy moly, this looks awesome! I'm German and have seen a potato pancake or two in my day.. Again this is one of those things I meant to get but never did. Even those little ham chunks look divine.
My great-grandma used to make potato pancakes too; she passed when I was 8 and my grandmother never made them so I remember eating them but not really what they tasted like, sadly. But this was delicious! If there was one part I could have done without it would have been the ham but it was still good and went perfectly with the rest.

LOL, that would have been an amazing title though :rotfl:
I know right? In hindsight...............

I've also been meaning to go here FOREVER. Just gimme the olives and the pita bread.
I would've been happy with that too!

It looks like a ton of food for your $$, while the side of french fries might be a little odd, I don't think fries are a bad thing!
Yeah I wondered about the fries, could be to make it seem more "normal" to some people? And it was more food than most other QS meals.

Were the kefta, er petit beef burgers, seasoned!? Like were they Mediterranean in flavor?
Strangely enough they weren't :confused3 They just tasted like nicely grilled burgers.......

You should remind him you know best too.
You know, there should come a time when they no longer need these reminders but sadly, that never seems to happen :sad2:

Aw no Geyser Point. I plan on checking it out when I'm there I hope we get to it!
No worries, we did get there! I hope you do get to check it out!

Great start!! Your F&G food all looks really amazing, esp that stop in France!
So far France is my fave! It was a great first day :)

Sounds like a pretty full day to me after that early wake up, that dragging feeling I know all too well on those first days, but it is worth it especially on a shorter trip.
Ugh, very full. But you are correct, most especially on short trips those early arrival flights are good and I'm always glad we've done one.

Yum! I'm glad I'm getting this preview of the F&G booths, since many of the things you had are on my list.
Glad I can help! I was happy to see a couple reports on the booths before we left, too.

I do plan to macaron it up while in Epcot!
I want to see lots of xlsm/macaron pics on FB!

Night Ranger looked so fun! I'm always happy when a band sounds as good as you remember. There's always that moment of anticipation for me...will they or won't they??
That's the worst when you hear an "older" band, or shall we say a band from one's childhood? Happens more often than not that they don't sound as good. I remember a few years ago The Who played half time at the Super Bowl. They're far from my favorite band but I do like them. Sorry to offend anyone here but man, did they sound bad. And old :duck:At least I hadn't paid to see them in person but it was really sad lol

We are going May 4-9!
Excellent! Even though we'll miss each other:( Have you looked to see what band is playing that weekend for Garden Rocks?

I really enjoy your reports and I'm grateful that the slushi showdown worked out so well:)
So nice of you to say :goodvibes It was a hard job to undertake but someone had to do it lol.

Hey!!!!!! So many slushes!
Yes but are there ever TOO many slushes :rotfl2:

Excited for another one of your reviews :)
:thanks: I'm glad you're reading along!

That potato pancake looks so goooood! I skipped that in favor of the cheese strudel which was also really good.
I guess I'm a piggy since I went for both :rotfl: Glad you enjoyed the strudel though; it's hard to choose and not eat too much when you know there are so many more booths to try.

Another great and hilarious update!!!
:thanks: Even though mine didn't include an original song?

eat small foods, digest, repeat. Such is the festival life!
This should be practiced at home before arrival too - tip for all you future festival goers!

That's totally her fault and she was asking for it...
Very true. I should splash it all over social media #b***h be in my face :laughing:

LMAO! Well except for the thimble of wine your Tangierine grub looks fantastic! The last time I was there I don't feel like they had french fries though... :confused3 Maybe something to appeal to the masses?
That's exactly what I'm thinking about the fries, makes the dish seem "normal".
You should've seen the weird smile on my face when Steve came out with the food! I'd been illegally guarding a table and I saw him come; I smiled first, then saw the tiny cup and so under my breath through my smile I was like, "what the hell is in that tiny cup??"

I might have to do this one our trip in September... You know for research purposes... of course.
I'll leave that responsibility to you then! Make sure to report back :thumbsup2

I always have burns on my hands, usually from cooking not ironing. I don't iron. (at pretty much all costs)
I'll do your ironing for you if you do my cooking. I find ironing relaxing because I'm weird, but I do not cook except for sauce. Luckily Steve cooks so the boys don't have to eat takeout and frozen pizza every night.

Sounds like a great day to me! (But then again, I am old also... )
Yes younger folk probably think I'm a loser for calling it a day so early!

To be fair you should have included the Grand Marnier which is my favorite.
Okay, I'll do you a solid and try one next month. If I HAVE to ;)

I'm sad we missed the Easter eggs that looks like so much fun.
Last year was the first I'd heard of them and I was so sad not to be able to do it so I was extremely happy when I realized I could do it this year. Maybe next year Kathy's spring break will coincide with the time they have the eggs out!

Glad you got to see Night Ranger I'm surprised you remember them since you were just a toddler :goodvibes
:laughing: Not quite a toddler!

Yay! Here!! Following along on your foodie trip!
:welcome: I'm so glad you're here!

Getting super excited about F&G!! Only 3 weeks for us now!
Yay! I'm getting excited for our return, too! And then for our hopeful meet up when you return AFTER your first F&G trip in 3 weeks lol.

Which means, how can I lose 10 lbs in 3 weeks so I can put it back on during the trip? :rotfl:
If you figure it out, let me know! I told myself last fall I was going to lose weight before our Nov trip., then in Jan. said I'd lose weight before our March trip. Then when we got back this time I said I was going on a diet until our May trip..............yeah, you get the idea.

What is exactly in a crabless crab cake? Is it like a vegetarian crab cake?
Apparently so. Actually yes, I think when the booth options first came out this was listed as one of the new vegetarian options. I don't know exactly what's in it, I just know there's no crab lol. I'm sure they'd tell you at the booth, right? Whatever the heck is in there is delicious though!

Just wondering, you mention the tart had rosemary in it, was it very strong?
Nope not at all. I'm the same way, too much Rosemary is too overpowering and I don't like it. This was very, very faint.

We'll be there when Starship is there, so hopefully we can catch them.
We've seen them there, they're always good! When you go for the Pandora preview Herman's Hermits are there. If you like 60's music they are a lot of fun to see.

I'll gladly take on this responsibility! Since i can't get the pink one! :sad1:
OK! I'm putting this on you and @StarWarsMomofGirls! !

I don't think I have ever had cheese strudel before!
Oh you must find some! Do you have any German restaurants down there? My guess is no or my sister would have mentioned them to me.........

Love me some 80's music.
I always love the songs you post on FB that you're listening to :goodvibes

Do you have SiriusXM? They have the Hair Nation channel. It isn't my favorite but it's definitely on the list.
I don't but Steve does, and the first channel I put on when I take his car is Hair Nation:rockband:

So disappointed! I expected better of you!
I know, I'm a big disappointment :( But you know we did end up getting there :)

Those shrimp skewers look yummy! I like that you compared the slushies! I think I may have to do my own comparison, though. You know, for more opinions! :drinking: Maybe since there will be three of us going in 20 days, YAY!, me, my sister, and my bbf, we can all try a different version, the pink one, the GM one, and the GG one! And we can share! Then we'll have three more opinions! Your meal at Tangierine Cafe looks delicious! We should eat there more! I just booked the Biergarten for the Garden Rocks concert, to ensure a seat. Plus, I thought it would be a nice surprise as a treat for my sis & bff, for their birthdays. :cake: Starship will be playing the weekend we're there. My favs are Herman's Hermits & the Pointer Sisters though! I was sad that our trip didn't fall on their dates, but Starship will do! "We built this city on rock & rolllllll"!!! :rockband:

OK my friends, let's get this party started!!

DAY 1: FLOWER AND GARDEN TREATS
*TR disclaimer: since I'm not doing a TR on this trip, I may be including some pictures that aren't food. Sorry, but I'm giving you all fair warning!*

We arrived at WL around 10:30am after taking a 6:30am flight down. We all took this same flight in Nov (in 2 shifts) and even though it means getting up around 3am, we love landing at MCO before 9:30. We dropped our bags in our room which was ready - yay! - and even though I really wanted to take a look at Geyser Point, our stomachs won out and we went directly to the bus stop to hitch a ride to Epcot. Not wasting any time getting our eat and drink on!

In Nov. we saw neat greetings on the MK and AK buses but I hadn't noticed this one on the Epcot bus.
Since we entered in FW I took a couple topiary shots. That is, when I could get close enough to the topiaries through the immense crowds that flooded the park that day. This was our 3rd trip during F&G and both those times the topiaries had largely remained the same so I was happy when I found out there'd be a couple new ones, like Figment!

The ones up front always change and this is one of my favorites:

We really only spent enough time in FW for me to snap these pictures and we were on to WS and the FOOD! After quickly debating which way to go, we hung a right and made our first stop the Urban Eats booth:

I wasn't planning on trying anything from this booth until I read a review of the crabless cake here ( I can't remember whose review it was! @pepperandchips maybe? so that's what I got along with the Wildflower Pale Ale:

The beer was ok, I could definitely taste a fruity bit of aftertaste that was kind of nice. The crabless cake was pure deliciousness! The Old Bay was nice and spicy and the veggies were perfectly pickled :thumbsup2
Steve got the Seared Pork Tenderloin:

I tried a bite and we both agreed the pork was really tender. Steve liked his veggies too but he liked mine better. In the end we agreed our first booth was a win.
As good as these "snacks" were they certainly didn't fill us up, so we were now in search of our next stop. We normally take on WS beginning in Mexico; since we took a right to begin with we decided to continue that way and the next booth we came to was Northern Bloom in Canada

The Beef Tenderloin Tips looked really good to Steve and only kind of excited me so we got one of those and a Nanaimo Bar Trifle. First, the tenderloin:

Unfortunately we both gave this a thumbs down. The meat was tough and chewy, reminded Steve of beef stew. The mashed potatoes weren't creamy at all. I had a bite of each, Steve had a few bites and then it went in the trash. We also threw the dessert in the trash after a couple bites:

I loved the little cup it came in, but that was the best part! The dessert wasn't bad but it wasn't anything special. It tasted like a marshmallow......thing, with some hot fudge on it and a fairly tasteless whipped cream. I didn't taste any coconut and I'm a big coconut fan. I hated throwing it away but I also didn't want to waste calories on something that wasn't d-lish!
We took a break from eating for a little bit to do something fun (for me). Another special thing going on during F&G is an Easter Egg hunt called Eggstravagansa. You purchase a map that comes with stickers and then search for a rather large egg in each country in WS that has the likeness of a Disney character on it; match the corresponding sticker to the country on the map and when you're done, hand it back in for a super duper cool prize. Don't worry, pictures of everything to come! Since we were near Canada I started my egg hunt there and after a bit of searching, found Thumper down by the water:

I'm sorry if I've spoiled this for anyone still going who plans to do this! I did hear from someone else that they move the eggs every couple weeks so they might not be in the same spots when you go. I'm hoping that's true, because much to Steve's disappointment I plan to get another map next month when we go and I'd love to be able to do the hunt again, instead of cheating and just sticking the stickers where I know they belong and getting another prize of awesomeness!
Steve had gotten a bottle of water at our first food booth and was not looking for something stronger, so we went to the UK so he could get a Guinness in Rose and Crown:

I find it interesting to watch it settle while you wait for them to top it off. It wasn't crowded in here at all which surprised me because as I said before, the park was jumpin' today. So far lines at the booths hadn't been bad though but maneuvering through the streets was was a bit tough. While here I noticed another new topiary, or at least new since our last F&G visit in 2015:

She's cute! On past visits Capt. Hook was here with that hungry crocodile. Hook must not have been happy about being replaced, because he makes an Epcot appearance later in our trip pirate:
Now that Steve had an adult beverage I felt it only fair that I have one, too. My old friend grey good slush was calling my name.......but wait! Something else in France was calling out to me.....something from the Fleur De Lys booth.........actually a few things from that booth including the
Tarte a l'Onion Alsacienne:

Holy crap this beat the crabless cake! Very oniony with thyme and rosemary and a light flaky crust, mmm-mmm! Steve didn't think the onion taste was very prevalent but I did which was fine with me. We split this but I would have and could have easily eaten one myself. We are definitely getting this again in May!
As I said a couple things at this booth were calling to me, such as this gorgeous bit of deliciousness:

Holy crap again. Just LOOK at the center, you can even tell from the picture how MOIST it was! There is chocolatefudge in this macaron as well as raspberry jelly:

Plus the paper envelope they serve it in is adorable, it's like a French newspaper.
I didn't forget my beverage, don't worry! Similar to the grey goose slush yet very different is the 3rd thing on the booth menu that I purchased, something I'd heard tell of here on the boards a few times - the La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush:

This is Grey Goose L'Orange, St.-Germain liqueur,white and red cranberry juice. And I love it to pieces! It was quite warm out and this was like a snow cone for adults lol. You could most certainly taste the alcohol, more than in the grey goose slush if memory was serving me correctly, but this was more flowery, fruitier......just prettier tasting. Steve thought it tasted like pink lemonade; I didn't think so but I also don't think that would be bad.
But, but.......do I prefer this over my grey goose slush? However would I compare the two???

UP NEXT: MORE F&G EATS, TANGIERINE CAFE, AND WHICH SLUSHIE I PREFER

Found your food report YAY. Awe Thumper one of my favorites. Oh Yum I want one of those macarons. Love Night Ranger they were one of my favorites back in the day.

I am dying. Your sense of humor is just my style! Sister from another mister fo real.
We would have such a great time hanging out together :cool1: I'd be like your really cool Grandma :rotfl2:

(Scooting off to Facebook now to see if this bia got her comeuppance in a Facebook album?)
I would have LOVED to! The stuff I have to leave off FB b/c of my business.............

I like that you compared the slushies! I think I may have to do my own comparison, though. You know, for more opinions! :drinking: Maybe since there will be three of us going in 20 days, YAY!, me, my sister, and my bbf, we can all try a different version, the pink one, the GM one, and the GG one! And we can share! Then we'll have three more opinions!
You could have a CM set up a table with the slushes hidde en, and labeled "A", "B", "C" and do a blind taste test! Like coke/pepsi but oh so much better :drinking1

Starship will be playing the weekend we're there. My favs are Herman's Hermits & the Pointer Sisters though! I was sad that our trip didn't fall on their dates, but Starship will do! "We built this city on rock & rolllllll"!!! :rockband:
We've seen Starship there and like them; we've also seen Herman's Hermits and they'll be there again when we're there in May!

Found your food report YAY.
:welcome: Glenda! I'm so glad you found me :goodvibes

Awe Thumper one of my favorites
Well that's not surprising lol! It's a cute egg :)

Love Night Ranger they were one of my favorites back in the day.
Let's pretend TODAY is back in the day, that makes us sound much younger :rolleyes1

Following along. Loving your F&G pics!
:thanks: Glad to have you along!

THE DINING REPORT UPDATE WITH NO DINING
Yup, so if you'll hold that against me, you may go catch up on someone else's report :o This morning we took pictures of our room view and also ventured down to the new Geyser Point Bar and Grill, so I want to share those pics with you guys, even though you've probably seen millions of GP pics online already.

Our first trip to WL we had a standard view room on the 5th floor, and ended up with a spectacular view of both the castle and Wishes. This time, because I used my TA rate, we booked a courtyard view room. I knew we wouldn't have a view of Wishes but I was ok with that because 1.good TA rate and 2. we've lucked out so many times with great views we could deal with one that might not be perfect.
Our room was on the 6th floor: here's our view from our balcony looking to the left:

Looking straight out:

And to the right:

These views certainly weren't terrible at all, especially looking left and right. However I wasn't awed by them. I think because there wasn't much "action" outside? IDK, I know that sounds weird. I like when you can see/hear people, even just sometimes. Maybe because we were so high up, even on the very rare occasion we saw people down below we didn't hear anything. Whatever, it certainly had no effect on the trip!
We weren't rushing anywhere this morning but also didn't sleep in that late, and around 8:30 walked out to Geyser Point to check it out (Steve had actually walked down there earlier since he always gets up around 6. I don't).
Between the glare on the building and Steve in his tank top, you can see it was shaping up to be a really nice day.

Walking on the path from the Lodge, this seating area is over to your left by the water:

Coming from the Lodge and going to your right, you have the food ordering area and beverage station:

Now in the evening I think it's a different story as far as ordering, because I know they have tableside ordering. I'm not sure if this window is open just until a certain time in the evening or only for breakfast.
Speaking of evening, while I did not take a picture of the breakfast menu I did take a picture of this menu:

I don't know if I can stress this enough, but the views from the lounge are gorgeous, especially on a beautiful day. We walked to the "edge", by which I mean the "edge" of the concrete patio, and I took about 6 pictures of said view but I'll only bother you with a couple since I'm failing to post any food pics in this update!
Over to the left, that's the dock where you take the boat to MK/Contemporary/FW:

Straight out, this is a boat heading to FW:

After taking all the shots I needed we went inside to have a quick breakfast at Territory Lounge, which is serving breakfast I assume only until Roaring Forks reopens. While we weren't rushing this morning we did have 2 TS meals planned, so we both wanted something small and quick for breakfast.
Here is the temporary self-serve area set up in Territory Lounge where you can get your coffee, tea, bagels, pastries:

They had your standard Disney QS pastries including Danish and cinnamon rolls, and also bagels. Normally when I'm around Disney Danish (you have to capitalize Danish when talking about it in Disney terms) that's what I get, but again I knew I'd most likely be having at least 2 desserts later so I went healthy with a whole wheat bagel as did Steve, subbing cappuccino rather than coffee. Note I have no pictures of said bagels nor did I take a picture of the hot breakfast menu items they're serving in the Lounge :( Sometimes I fail! However the bagels were good and fresh, and I did take a picture of the back of Steve's coffee cup since I didn't remember the cups saying this on our trip last Nov:

I actually loved it! I was hoping the other cups had different quotes so I went and looked through the stack but they all said the same.
Cute story lol: from where we sat to eat, Steve could see the bar well and I couldn't at all. You can enter the lounge from either side. It was fairly busy with people constantly coming in and out. At one point I heard a woman getting a tad loud with one of the CM's behind the bar but I wasn't really listening. Steve was and told me the woman was beginning to argue with the CM because she wanted a Bloody Mary and the CM said they couldn't serve alcohol before 11 :confused3 Now my 2nd thought was, "that's weird, because there are plenty of restaurants on property that serve Bloody Mary's at breakfast as well as Mimosa's". But my first thought before turning to look at the woman was, "OMG! Kari @kastoney didn't tell me she was coming this week!!" :drinking:
Anyway mad lady and her friends finally walked out. Her friend suggested they head to the Wave but angry bird commented, "No, the Wave sucks". Hopefully she found her BM because obviously she needed one!

I'm going to end this update here and try to get my next one done soon so I can actually put some dining in this dining report. To all of you who celebrate, have a
HAPPY EASTER tomorrow! And to those that don't, have a good Sunday :D

UP NEXT: LTT LUNCH I PROMISE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter