IT`S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE...COCKTAILS, STEAKS AND CAKES..11 JOLLY HOLIDAY NIGHTS @ RPR-DEC 2019

I can't believe it's been that long! I so enjoyed seeing you both that night! I'm desperate for a little holiday getaway, but I don't think it's in the cards for this year. I'll just have to enjoy yours vicariously.❤

I know, seems like yesterday.....

Oh I hope you have a getaway sometime soon......it`s nice to have a little break....... ::yes::

Yaaaaassss! So excited for this one! Thanks for letting us all tag along on your trips Carole!

:welcome: along to this one Elsaspiritanimal......glad to see you here too.......

It‘s always lovely to have company along the way......so, yes, a warm welcome back.......:wave2:

Following along! We’re not doing a Christmas trip this year, so I’m excited to see all your pictures of everything!

:welcome: to you JaxDad........

Hi :wave2:

Glad to see you.......and again, hope you enjoy this one........I did try to convince my guys to go to St Augustine for the lights, but as we only have 11 nights and heading to KSC I was vetoed.......lol......

Following along! We’re not doing a Christmas trip this year, so I’m excited to see all your pictures of everything!

:welcome: Raeven......glad you’re here too!!

I’ll make sure Tom goes into picture overdrive....I adore Christmas pictures anytime.........

And yes, hope you enjoy this one too........:wave2:

As many of you know, we are not planners in any way shape or form.....the thought of making a plan and sticking to it fills us with dread......our minimum plans are ones we cannot do without.....

And those are flights, hotels, rental car, travel insurance and obvious things like passports and ESTA`s.

Anything else we play it by ear and day by day.......things like what parks we will go to we always decide usually when we wake up, same with going anywhere for the day. We wake up and think where will we go today...….

However when Kyle is with us, it`s usually a shorter trip and there are places he would like to go and places he`d like to eat, so he takes precedent over what we want to do, thankfully his tastes are very similar to ours which we are happy about!!! Glad he`s never been the type to want to eat in fast food chains and nowhere else...….

One of our main plans this trip is again to go and visit KSC.

Last year for some reason, was the first time we visited this and we were blown away by the whole place. Never have we come away from anywhere with such a sense of pride and immediately wanted to go back.

Kyle is massively into Space and all advancements being made, as well as Astronomy, and has been since he was a small child...….I`m convinced if they ever offered him a seat to go to Mars he`d take it!!! I keep telling him I wouldn't let him go of course.......

We haven't chosen a day yet, but we`ll probably go on a midweek day again as it was relatively quiet and we`d hope for the same again with any luck.

There really was hardly anyone around when we arrived, and didn't change much the whole day, we were incredibly lucky.

i-f2w3zvS-X2.jpg

i-W6vQvj4-X2.jpg

Everything was so impressive, as soon as we walked in we were completely awestruck on every single thing we saw the whole day.

Probably nothing more so than the Shuttle.

Seeing the reveal is something that brought me to tears, and Tom and Kyle were a little speechless for a while...….and I wish I could experience that reveal again for the first time......

i-GkrWNz7-X2.jpg

Spacex are a company that are doing tremendous things in Space, sadly a lot more than NASA are doing and are miles ahead in development of many things.....amazing company and so interesting to read about their future plans.

i-nQv8459-X2.jpg

Saturn 5 is another tremendous display to see........and fascinating to hear from the engineers that are around to chat to about the whole experience.

i-LJCWw6f-X2.jpg

I think Kyle is most excited about going here again....although the parks are a close second.

The Macy`s Parade is wonderful...….it does scream Holidays and Christmas as soon as it begins......we do like you don't have to be there five hours before it begins to get a good spot......you can see it from almost anywhere and even if you`re not at the front, you can still see everything clear.

i-kg7VrMd-X2.jpg

i-F7FLgQf-X2.jpg

i-CP7WhJK-X2.jpg

I do like a bit of fake snow....….and it is beautiful when it falls as Father Christmas appears and switches on the tree......

i-jNgf6zc-X2.jpg

Both parks are decorated beautifully, not too gaudy and not overdone, it just sits right with the theme of the parks.....

i-Wkqjrqp-X2.jpg

IOA has the Hogwarts Castle Light Show, and that is worth seeing. The ones througout the year that they had, weren't as appealing to us as the Holiday one is.......they just get everything right...….

It does get incredibly busy, some suggest the later shows, which were less people, but I think more people are thinking that way on certain nights....

i-Xvp5vrv-X2.jpg

i-WNfWqcK-X2.jpg

Those are our must do things.

But, Kyle is here for the rides......and he`ll want to hopefully do Hagrid`s.....we were especially fortunate to get to ride when we didn`t expect to, but I guess Mummy dust does exist after all!!!! So, we hope he does get to experience the ride as it`ll be a year before he`s back again.

We love all the rides......the only ones we won`t do are Jimmy Fallon, Fast & Furious and Pteranadon Flyers for obvious reasons......although not sure I`d ever want to do that one.......it looks very precarious when you walk underneath and see them swaying around.....give me a good old fashioned coaster any day!!!

I doubt we`ll do any of the water rides......if it`s less than 90F that`s a no from me.......and Kyle isn`t a fan of getting drenched.....he thinks he`s a magnet for the water.......we came of JP bone dry once, and Kyle who was sitting beside me.....got absolutely drenched.......

Food choices coming up........

My hubby teaches astronomy to high school students. Sounds like he and Kyle would get along famously!

Really!!!!

Oh my goodness......Kyle would bend his ear so much if they met!! They would for sure.......how interesting!

He‘s recently bought a new telescope.........it’s not The Hubble for sure, but it is much bigger than the first one he had......he‘s also bought a special laptop and all sorts of gadgets so he can control the telescope by programming it from the laptop.........he loves astronomy!

His pictures are quite impressive too! He’s now wondering how to build an observatory on our land!!! That was a firm NO!!! :rotfl:

How did you like Hagrid's?

It was excellent......we both loved it, and I didn’t think I’d ever forgive them for Duelling Dragons.......lol......

I wouldn’t have stood for hours for it, but I wouldn’t stand for hours for many things.......but we got on very quickly so we were delighted with that.

I can’t imagine anyone finding fault with riding it.......

I'm here and ready to go!!! popcorn:: The picture of you and Kyle when he was younger is adorable!!! And it's only Kyle that has aged... You look the same as you did back then!

I'm here and ready to go!!! popcorn:: The picture of you and Kyle when he was younger is adorable!!! And it's only Kyle that has aged... You look the same as you did back then!

:welcome: Back Nancy.........:-)

Oh you are too kind!!!! Thank you...... I will take the compliment though......lol......we were so excited setting off for our first venture to Orlando......although Kyle was a little nervous as he’d never flown for as long.

But, so happy to see you here, hope you enjoy this report too.....:wave2:

I was gone for a few days...I come back...and see you have started a new trip report!!!!! I'll grab a seat and follow along popcorn:: You must be getting excited now. If your countdown in the single digits yet?

Well...off to finish reading the other trip report. I can't wait to hear more details on this one!!!!

Yay! Get the place warmed up for us and take away all the crowds (right... we'll be there Dec. 30 & 31 -- completely full! But, we know it going in).

As many of you know, we are not planners in any way shape or form.....the thought of making a plan and sticking to it fills us with dread......our minimum plans are ones we cannot do without.....

This reminds me... .Monday I'm making plans for us for May 2020. LOL. Start feeling the dread!

I was gone for a few days...I come back...and see you have started a new trip report!!!!! I'll grab a seat and follow along popcorn:: You must be getting excited now. If your countdown in the single digits yet?

Well...off to finish reading the other trip report. I can't wait to hear more details on this one!!!!

:welcome: Pumpkin.......

lol.......well, I don’t like to hang around and yes, we are in single digits....we have 7 sleeps till we drive up to the airport for the overnight........:cheer2:

Glad to see you here Pumpkin.....few more details coming up....:wave2:

Yay! Get the place warmed up for us and take away all the crowds (right... we'll be there Dec. 30 & 31 -- completely full! But, we know it going in).

This reminds me... .Monday I'm making plans for us for May 2020. LOL. Start feeling the dread!

:welcome: along Alice........

Hope you enjoy this one too.......

We’ll try and warm the place up for you if we can......lol.......and looking forward to hearing about your trip too......and ahem.....your May one is of interest to us for sure........especially one of the dining options......:wave2:

@schumigirl Oh how I wish we weren't a day off in our coming and going! I'd have loved to have been able to meet up with you, Tom and Kyle! This trip, no flu allowed! :-)

@schumigirl Oh how I wish we weren't a day off in our coming and going! I'd have loved to have been able to meet up with you, Tom and Kyle! This trip, no flu allowed! :-)

:welcome: along PoohIsHome........

Yes, we’re planning on no down time this year........fingers crossed!

Would have been lovely to say a quick hello to you.......but hope you have the best time on your trip.......and nice to see you on this trip report too, hope you enjoy it.......:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!