Issue with our TA, advise please!

Monkeyfeet

Mouseketeer
Our TA came recommended from someone and in the beginning we would hear right back from her. Anyway, she reserved our trip and basically since then we haven't heard a thing from her even after emailing her a few times now. I'm not one to constantly email and I do not expect an email back right the same day, but I feel within 72 business hours is fair.

We started off at the resort that we REALLY wanted (we have never stayed in anything but a value so were excited for one specific mod), but when a promo was released it was for a room type that was out of our budget, so we switched to another resort. Eventually standard rooms were released at our preferred resort and after numerous calls to her to try and change it (over 3 days), we weren't able to get a hold of her and Disney couldn't change it (which I understand). We would have lost money with her if we just canceled it and made a new one ourselves and we are on a tight budget. There have been a few other things like this (preferred rooms were released at this new resort that fit with our budget and we couldn't get a hold of her to upgrade that).

Anyway, our room request on our reservation is from our original resort, not the one that we will be staying at. She never noted the whole purpose of this trip on our reservation (surprise bday present for both kids), she didn't add on ME, and there are a few other resort things she didn't add.
I spoke to a very sweet CM that said only the TA can change the info. I also need to add ME to our reservation. I last emailed her 8 days ago and still nothing (I feel it is reasonable to hear within 72 business hours, so I don't even need to hear back the same day).

I just wanted everything set and am feeling annoyed and now I am whining. Any thoughts on how I can have the info added or is it not really that big of a deal? I think we can do a room request ourselves when we do online check-in, is that correct? I don't think making note of the kids' birthdays matters, right?

We don't go until Sept, so I know I have time. We've only been a few times before and usually just for a few days. This will be our one big trip with the kids to Disney and I just wish this woman would get it together to have the planning go smoothly.

Is there someone higher up in the agency you can contact? Your TA is not handling your account well at all, and if a higher up can't do anything about it, I would cancel and rebook on my own.

Unfortunately she is independent. I am just frustrated and I know the new issues are small at this point. I think it is just a combination of all of it. We are never ones to have complaints, but this is just annoying.

If I was to cancel, I would lose some money to her, but the big thing is that the resorts have gone up quite a bit during the time that we will be there since we first booked. My husband would not be the happiest with me.

I would also suggest going over her head to someone else at the agency. She's not doing her job and I would ask someone else to take over.

Just read that she's independent. That's not good. Personally, I'd try and rebook yourself and see what you can come up with and then cancel with her. I would hope you'd have some repercussion and not lose out on any deposits considering she's been neglecting her job, but I'm not familiar enough with how that works.

Even if you lose money (which I don't think anyone would like) at least you would KNOW your vacation is booked correctly, and everything how you want it, if you do it all yourself. Right now your agent has shown she is not trustworthy and you are not a priority. Not only would I cancel, I would put a review out there on Yelp or Trip Advisor telling people about your issues.

I have been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt and think that maybe she has been having something big going on in her life (an illness or something like that), but then she should have been upfront about that before she took us on.

I've never felt inclined to leave a bad review for a service before, but I will probably end up doing so in this case.

Thanks again!

I have been trying to give her the benefit of the doubt and think that maybe she has been having something big going on in her life (an illness or something like that), but then she should have been upfront about that before she took us on.

I've never felt inclined to leave a bad review for a service before, but I will probably end up doing so in this case.

Thanks again!

Even if something is going on, a simple e-mail is the least they should have done. It is nice of you to want to give her the benefit of a doubt, but not answering you for over a week is inexcusable.

Sorry for your situation. Makes me so happy with the TA we use, she even emailed me back when she was on vacation herself, never gone 24hrs without responding, weekends included.

OP, you seem very laid back. If it was me, I would be really angry that this TA isn't even answering. That's not acceptable. Are you sure she sent Disney any money you gave her? I wouldn't even want to give her any more money. She doesn't sound trustable.

Wait why would you loose any money from her at this point? I can't imagine since your trip is in September that there is any deposit you would be loosing as there is absolutely nothing she would be on the hook for at this point besides her time which she hasn't been giving you.

I would ensure that she has paid Disney everything you have paid her and at that point do a 3 way call with her and Disney both on the line. If you can't get her on the line call Disney and ask for a manager. Ask if there is any way to get the TA removed from your reservation and for it to become a regular reservation as your TA has not been doing their job.

Last edited:
Our TA came recommended from someone and in the beginning we would hear right back from her. Anyway, she reserved our trip and basically since then we haven't heard a thing from her even after emailing her a few times now. I'm not one to constantly email and I do not expect an email back right the same day, but I feel within 72 business hours is fair.

We started off at the resort that we REALLY wanted (we have never stayed in anything but a value so were excited for one specific mod), but when a promo was released it was for a room type that was out of our budget, so we switched to another resort. Eventually standard rooms were released at our preferred resort and after numerous calls to her to try and change it (over 3 days), we weren't able to get a hold of her and Disney couldn't change it (which I understand). We would have lost money with her if we just canceled it and made a new one ourselves and we are on a tight budget. There have been a few other things like this (preferred rooms were released at this new resort that fit with our budget and we couldn't get a hold of her to upgrade that).

Anyway, our room request on our reservation is from our original resort, not the one that we will be staying at. She never noted the whole purpose of this trip on our reservation (surprise bday present for both kids), she didn't add on ME, and there are a few other resort things she didn't add.
I spoke to a very sweet CM that said only the TA can change the info. I also need to add ME to our reservation. I last emailed her 8 days ago and still nothing (I feel it is reasonable to hear within 72 business hours, so I don't even need to hear back the same day).

I just wanted everything set and am feeling annoyed and now I am whining. Any thoughts on how I can have the info added or is it not really that big of a deal? I think we can do a room request ourselves when we do online check-in, is that correct? I don't think making note of the kids' birthdays matters, right?

We don't go until Sept, so I know I have time. We've only been a few times before and usually just for a few days. This will be our one big trip with the kids to Disney and I just wish this woman would get it together to have the planning go smoothly.

If you know your confirmation number, you can call and add ME yourself, and you have lots of time to do that. Ditto with the room requests...you have forever. I think these things are not a big deal. But I have to wonder if the TA is worried that you are going to have her make those arrangements and then change them again, it does sound like you've moved things around a lot of times already. Still, I do think that hearing back within 48 hours would be more than reasonable.

That's plain bad service. I use a TA and she gets back to me in 24 hrs, usually sooner. I also have her cell #. I don't abuse it, but if it's something important I can text her.
I understand your TA isn't affiliated with any agency and appears to work alone? So there's no recourse for you except to rebook yourself and then cancel your res with her. Or go to another TA and hsve your res transferred.
She should have requests and birthdays noted on your res and book your DME. This is bare minimum. Some TAs book FPs & ADRs too, although I prefer to do those myself.

Sure you can book ME your self and when you arrive at check in mention birthdays but....It is a big deal or why bother using a TA? It's their job. Doesn't matter how much you change res, many people do when new discounts come out. Plain & simple, she's not doing her job.

Last edited:
Please call Disney back right away and when you get a CM on the phone - ask to speak to Guest Services. Be persistent! Some CM won't transfer you and try to discuss. Again, be persists by that only Guest Services will be able to help.

Once you get someone ask them the current steps in how to take over your reservation from a TA! (Back in 2014 it involved a few emails and statements such as me taking charge of my reservation but that was it).

This way you don't have to put a new deposit down, won't loose the room etc. Once this is done you can change anything you would like. And with this board to ask ... You don't need a TA anyways ;)

This is why I don't use travel agents. I've heard too many of these stories.

Tell the "someone" who recommended this agent (& who I suspect is the agent's relative or friend...) that the agent has left you hanging & should not be recommended.

I agree that an independent agent is a terrible risk- I hope she hasn't taken the money and run. You can't trust her as she hasn't followed through, so I would not send her another penny under any circumstances.

Call Disney to alert them that this agent is delinquent- if they keep getting complaints they might ban her from working with them. Also tell her you're canceling because she hasn't been getting back to you in a reasonable time frame. If you don't get a full refund, report her to the Better Business Bureau, and give her bad reviews on Yelp, etc. Then book with Disney directly.

Last edited:
When I called Disney directly, they told me that nothing can be changed, even adding on that it is both of our kids' birthdays, without the TA doing it herself. I called them yesterday and emailed and was told the same thing both times. The email states that any modifications to our resort, tickets, or dining has to be through the TA only.

Honestly, I need to be laid back about this because if not, I feel like I could totally freak out over this. We are not able to go often and this will be our one big trip. As little as this sounds, I wanted the kids' birthdays added on so while we first arrive they are wished happy birthday. That would be so exciting for them.

Our contract with her states that if we cancel then we lose $100. We put down a $200 deposit. I have added on MNSSHP, Behind the Seeds, and one the Memory maker by calling Disney directly and each time they have looked up our resort reservation. It also shows on MDE. So I know she paid it.

I looked up our resort and at this time, there isn't any availability for this same time frame. I looked up the other mods and there is a pirate room at CBR but it increases our vaction by $1,400 and that would not include dining.

I have time. I am just feeling so frustrated.

Please call Disney back right away and when you get a CM on the phone - ask to speak to Guest Services. Be persistent! Some CM won't transfer you and try to discuss. Again, be persists by that only Guest Services will be able to help.

Once you get someone ask them the current steps in how to take over your reservation from a TA! (Back in 2014 it involved a few emails and statements such as me taking charge of my reservation but that was it).

This way you don't have to put a new deposit down, won't loose the room etc. Once this is done you can change anything you would like. And with this board to ask ... You don't need a TA anyways ;)

Thank you, I will do this!

Also once you get everything switched over and in your name make sure you inform the TA that you find the contract null and void and you will not be giving her the $100. If she continues to pressure for it I believe you can report a TA to Disney so they will no longer be authorized to do bookings with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter