Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

now something to consider ... [if you're squeamish, look away] .... is that things are not quite right. If the weeks are issued in any way other than amending PVB .... (I'm looking at you, resort use plan) ....than the next timeshare license number on deck is PR2641. They are issued sequentially. Obviously, another company could file an application and take that number, but just +1 for the next "next available" number.

It says that we can call on June 6th to book paying cash, can we not book online with points?

It says that we can call on June 6th to book paying cash, can we not book online with points?
They have not announced when points can be used for booking.

On June 4, DVC members can call member services to book rooms using cash.
On June 5, WDW Annual Passholders can make reservations using cash.
On June 6, all guests can book stays using cash.

What is the view on better pricing? Initial sale with (hopefully) discount for current members or waiting a few incentive cycles?

Right now, nothing has even been declared into DVC for points based sales. Until that happens, the rooms can’t be booked using points.

DVD remains owner of all rooms which is why they start with cash stays.

I’ve seen several posts from people commenting on the rise of PVB pricing and how it “should” sell for 120-130 on average. I’m not sure where that number is coming from but based on popularity, amenities, and proximity to MK plus being walkable to TTC (Epcot monorail) I think 140-150 pp is probably more accurate. Although it doesn’t have the versatility of CCV, another resort selling in the 120 range, I do think the items listed above and offering partial TPV’s put it closer to VGF than WL.

I don’t however think the 200+ pp costs that its commanding now on resale sites is anywhere near realistic, I understand how the new tower coming online and fear of high direct pricing is pushing buyers to offer higher than average prices.

I’ve seen several posts from people commenting on the rise of PVB pricing and how it “should” sell for 120-130 on average. I’m not sure where that number is coming from but based on popularity, amenities, and proximity to MK plus being walkable to TTC (Epcot monorail) I think 140-150 pp is probably more accurate. Although it doesn’t have the versatility of CCV, another resort selling in the 120 range, I do think the items listed above and offering partial TPV’s put it closer to VGF than WL.

I don’t however think the 200+ pp costs that its commanding now on resale sites is anywhere near realistic, I understand how the new tower coming online and fear of high direct pricing is pushing buyers to offer higher than average prices.
There are several brokerage sites that release pricing data on their monthly average sale pricing for each resort. Between that data, the rejected offers and the ROFR threads here and on other social media - you can cobble together a fairly accurate market for resale points. Or you COULD. Right now all bets are off for PVB and to a lesser extent OKW which is the other resort that has been taken back in ROFR by DVD this month.

At least those are all the sources I was using to put together my idea of market value. But what do I know! I got eaten by the Poly ROFR monster today at $160pp... so clearly they feel my valuation was too low.

Last edited:
I’ve seen several posts from people commenting on the rise of PVB pricing and how it “should” sell for 120-130 on average. I’m not sure where that number is coming from but based on popularity, amenities, and proximity to MK plus being walkable to TTC (Epcot monorail) I think 140-150 pp is probably more accurate. Although it doesn’t have the versatility of CCV, another resort selling in the 120 range,
I think it’s coming from when it was selling in the 130s price range just 6 weeks ago.

I think it’s coming from when it was selling in the 130s price range just 6 weeks ago.
I agree with this (though I would quibble that people are going gaga over the new Tower which is presumed to be part of the association, so perhaps the tower adds $10-25 of longer term value, though my priors are that it detracts value unless/until there’s a lot more infrastructure to absorb the extra guests). Usually when supply expands, unless demand expands even more, prices go down. Perhaps the tower will somehow be so awesome that millions of additional points will not ultimately depress the average sale price, but this would be a market anomaly.

Unlike some of my skeptical friends, I do think Disney can and might keep it above $150 for at least the rest of this year, and maybe as high as $175…but I would be surprised if it’s more than $170 for too long. A huge unknown is the point chart (the optimists think it will somehow be better than VGF, I think the median villa will be significantly higher)— I’m genuinely curious how many people buying resale at $180 or (gasp) $200 per point will be happy if the majority of 1/2 bedroom villas require 25% more points than VGF equivalents, let alone 30% or more.

If that happens, buying to stay in a 1 bedroom would be underwater from day one.

I’m not guaranteeing it won’t happen, but That would be nuts.
I think it would turn the project into the third straight lemon.
  • VDH taxes
  • CFW dues
  • PVB tower (if 1BR is 25% more than VGF) point charts would be the most extreme difference of any WDW resort. Unless this is club level.

I think it would turn the project into the third straight lemon.
  • VDH taxes
  • CFW dues
  • PVB tower (if 1BR is 25% more than VGF) point charts would be the most extreme difference of any WDW resort. Unless this is club level.
Huh.

See that even makes me more optimistic about both the point charts and the pricing.

Like the DVC leaders, I also work in a strategic role at a Fortune 500 company. And everyone I have ever seen put together a resume like THAT has found themselves paying for LinkedIn Premium pretty quickly.

People who need a win do desperate things.

It will be interesting to see what happens next. Put me down for $225 and a point chart that looks basically like Riviera’s.

facebook twitter