Island Drive and Beach Break (TT11) for the non-beach person?

Bonnie1222

DIS Veteran
Tortola is a long day in port, and while I normally do take excursions, I was thinking this one might be good to get a little more of the island than just wandering the port area. However, DH is NOT a beach person. Is there anything to do near the beach they stop at, maybe some local shops or town to walk around?

Or is it safe there to just hail a taxi and have them take us to the lookout at Sky World and then call a taxi to take us back to the ship when we are finished?

Tortola is a long day in port, and while I normally do take excursions, I was thinking this one might be good to get a little more of the island than just wandering the port area. However, DH is NOT a beach person. Is there anything to do near the beach they stop at, maybe some local shops or town to walk around?

Or is it safe there to just hail a taxi and have them take us to the lookout at Sky World and then call a taxi to take us back to the ship when we are finished?
Are you talking about Tortola? If so, yes, it's safe to do on your own. We hated the Island Drive & Beach Break and would not recommend it.

Are you talking about Tortola? If so, yes, it's safe to do on your own. We hated the Island Drive & Beach Break and would not recommend it.

Yes, I am talking about Tortola - thanks for the information. We will start researching local things to do and make a plan. If you have any recommendation I'd appreciate it. We like to shop, like craft beer and truly enjoy just walking around checking things out.

St Thomas we found a brewery - and while they are normally not open the day the ship docs they offered to open so we could stop by and sample some beers and see the facility. We thought that was pretty cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter