Is zillow.com accurate?

ticktock

<font color=darkorchid>I'm more of a Georgian girl
Inspired by the what can I do to make my house appraise high? thread, I went over to Zillow.com. While my house value has fallen again, it is still about $70k more then we need it to be for the refi we are hoping to get. So does anyone know how accurate their estimates are? Thanks.

The site seemed to be way off to me.

Said my house was a 3br 2.5 bath, its a 5br 3.5 bath.

The estimate was very low when looking at recent sales of comparable homes in our area.

So i cant say how much i would trust what you are seeing there

for what ever reason, zillow has my house listed 2 times. One is $20,000 less than the other and they both are at the same address, have the same sq ft, same bedrooms, etc.

Go figure:confused3!

Nope its not ,,, We just sold our for what we thought was fair market value
for "the times" Zillow has our home worth a hundred grand more., 2 years ago
it was worth that , but no way in todays market. That was in Minnesota.

My house on Zillow is not even my house. The picture is my house, but the room count and square footage are off by over 800 feet.

We have an old house to sell that is 3/1 1287 sf. Zillow has it as 800-something sf and worth at $30K less than other houses in our nieghborhood have been selling for.

So no - Zillow is not always accurate or even close.

When I looked at zillow, the house was mine, but when I clicked the box in front of it, it wasn't my house number. The info for my house was a little bit down the street! It says they take their info from tax records. I think the last tax assessment we received was very close to what was shown on zillow.

Zillow has the age, square footage, number of bedrooms and bathrooms in our house all wrong. It lists our neighbor's house at $120,000 more than what it sold for 8 months ago.

It's at least 30K off (less) on our house, but way high on some of the neighborhood homes so I'm suspecting that they refinanced when prices were inflated.

Off for us. Number of bathrooms, garage spaces, and even square footage are quite off.

It lists for about $40K less than I think we can get for it right now, which isn't that bad I guess.

Dawn

I just checked ours just for fun. Bedrooms are right (technically, if you don't count the office or the bonus room), baths are lower than we have, square footage is higher than we have, elementary school is wrong, and zillow lists our house at $150,000 over what it appraised for last month. I'd love to sell it for that much, but there is totally no way! :rotfl2:

OK - the zillow-value of my house is over $220,000 what it apprasied for when we refi'd a few months ago. Really, honestly, we just have a nice house in a modest subdivision. If my house value was as high as Zillow says...we wouldn't be able to afford the taxes.

And...if someone wants to buy it for that much...PUT UP THE SOLD SIGN, I would be outta here so fast my husbands head would be spinning.

In our area Zillow is pretty accurate. Two sold our house two years ago, right about what Zillow felt it was worth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter