Is two bedroom for four waste of points?

Nope. We got a Grand Villa for our upcoming trip for the four of us! DH, DD, her BF and me. I know some may think this is a waste of points, but it works best for us and it's probably the one time we will do it, so why not?! Believe it or not, it's only 180 points for Sunday through Friday. I only have to borrow 30 points from next year when it's only DH and myself, so we will have plenty of points.

Have a great time! :)

Mmm Sharon - now you're tempting me. I didn't realise a grand villa was so few points. How far out did you make your ressie?

We get a OKW 2 bedroom all the time for the 4 of us. The kids like their own beds and I like to make a pot of coffee early in the morning without waking someone up in the kitchen/living room.

When we took my in-laws with us a few years ago we got a two bedroom. We took the master bedroom and gave them the studio part. It was nice for everyone to have the central living area open whenever anyone wanted to use it and for both couples to have a closed off door for privacy. Well worth the extra points in my opinion.

Cinderella said:
Mmm Sharon - now you're tempting me. I didn't realise a grand villa was so few points. How far out did you make your ressie?

11 months out.

This last trip we had a one bedroom for the 4 of us, the first 4 nights. Then we moved into a 2 bedroom for when the extended family arrived. When we checked onto the 2 bedroom the first thing my DH said was " I hope we don't get used to this". So we will see next trip what he wants me to book.

I think the 2 bedroom is a great idea if you have the points.When we have 4 my ds13 loves the air mattress and we all enjoy the closeness of the one bedroom.I'm sure in the future as the boys get older they might want a little more privacy but for now its all good.

We get a 2 BR for the 3 of us too! I thought we were the only ones. DD whose 8yo, loves having her own room, and we can get up early and have coffee or stay up lateand we don't interfere with her sleep! :)

completely depends upon you.

if you want to spend the extra points - go for it girl!!!! :cool1: :cheer2:

I don't like to waste points (as had been noted).

but my brother has 2 kids (teenagers) and they NEED a 2-bedroom. they fight alot!!!

asking them to share a bed would amount to WWW III.

if you family is the same way - go with a 2-bedroom.

but also kept in mind one thing, kids get spoiled fast, so always stay at a DVC resort or another timeshares with 2-bedroom.

or you will be hearing - where are you (you and your spouse) sleeping?

where the kitchen?

where the other bathroom?

on all your future trips to anywhere!!!

Add my :earsboy: to the list of a family of three using a 2BR. We actually spend a fair amount of time in the suite since we enjoy hitting the parks early, staying a few hours, then coming back to the resort to relax by the pool, take a nap, snack, or go for a run before heading out for the night. Our DD5 is thrilled to have her own room, TV (she doesn't have one at home), and bathroom. DW and I, on the other hand, enjoy not sleeping on the couch or not having to tiptoe around DD sleeping on the couch while we fix a late night snack. To us, vacation means relaxation, and after rubbing elbows with thousands of our closest friends in the park, we thoroughly enjoy spreading out in our suite. As many have said, if you have the points, you should feel free to use them as you wish. :paw:

I don't know about a waste of points, but I don't see my family doing it any time soon (2 kids but they are young now.) We can fit in a studio, but once the baby gets out of the pack and play it will be tougher. We are planing on doing aero bed situation then.

For only 50 points that isn't bad. I can't imagine doing it on a weekend though. We have been know to do a stuido during the weekend, and swicth to a one bedroom during the week.

It really depends on your points. If you got them why not? (we don't, we have to make 170 points go a long way, we bought to go once a year, and keep going more often then that.)

I think if we had a 2 bedroom we would want to invite others since we had the space and never do (like friends or in laws.)

Enjoy your space. :goodvibes

Compared to most DISers we're probably considered spendthrifts as we actually get 2BRs for just DH, me and a baby/toddler! We figure that's what timeshares are for -- it allows us to get more room than we would have otherwise. It is worth it for us to spend the extra points for that extra room to allow us our own bedroom on vacation; DS sleeps by 7:30 pm.

We made the mistake of booking a 2 bed at OKW for our first ever DVC stay (we had banked points that had to be used.) I call it a mistake as we loved the accomodation and now don't wat to stay in a 1 bed. It's just me, DH, DS8 and DD7. We've booked another 2 bed for 8 nights next year - I had great plans for our points stretching really far but the 2 bed bug has put a stop to this :flower:

We always get the 2BR. DS doesn't want to share a bed with DD and he shouldn't have to. The way I look at it is that it is not a waste of points to ensure that my children are comfortable on their vacation. After all, it's their vacation too.

Just booked our trip for next July and debated if we really needed a 2 bedroom since we all fit in a 1 bedroom.

Well...decided since we had the points to book the 2 bedroom. Everyone sleeps better in his/her own bed and its a vacation so best to enjoy! :cool1:

But the temptation to save some points on a studio or 1 bedroom did make for a good debate between DH and Me. :love2:

We are a family of 4 - DH, me, DS7 and DD3. We much prefer a 2 BR, and usually get one. Sometimes if we know we want to take an additional trip in a use year, we'll go for the 1BR, but we really enjoy the extra space of the 2BR.

Cinderella said:
After talking to my DD8 about our upcoming trip with myself partner and DS11, she said she doesn't want to share bed with her brother anymore. I have switched the ressy to a 2 bed instead of a one - only about 50 more points. I thought the space would be nice and they won't have to share. Also - i may have to get an add on in the near future!

Is a two bed an extravagent waste of points for 2 adults and two kids? How do others do it? Do you take a blow up bed with you?
Heck no!!! We often have a 2 bedroom for three people! The extra bathroom is the real issue here. I want my own bathroom, and the only way I can do that is to have anyone who is with us use the second bedroom.

We have a 2BR booked for Christmas at OKW. DW and I in master suite, DS18 and DD16 in 2nd bedroom. I was considering dropping to a 1 BR to save points (264 instead of 361), but all these comments are making me change my mind. Two teens sleeping in my living room doesn't sound all that appealing.
Thanks for the info.
Tony

dianeschlicht said:
Heck no!!! We often have a 2 bedroom for three people! The extra bathroom is the real issue here. I want my own bathroom, and the only way I can do that is to have anyone who is with us use the second bedroom.

Send em down the hall to a public resort washroom - :sunny:

For bathing they can go swimming :rotfl:

I agree - if it was separate adult couples/singles, for sure it is a 2BR for us

Cheers
jaysue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter