Is this a good way to start my day now?

Last night after Fantasmic we did Pooh, small world, and the carousel. I crashed once we got in the car (it was 11pm) and forgot to update.

Anyways, even though we didn’t rope drop, we had a pretty fulfilling day. I rode everything I wanted to besides Buzz, Peter Pan, Alice, Lincoln, Nemo, and Pirates - save that for next time!

Oh and we never waited more than 15 minutes for anything. I rode Falcon with single rider (5 minute wait) and then rode it standby in the third hour of reservation (10 minute wait). Got FPs for Hyperspace, Matterhorn, BTM, Star Tours, and Splash - never waited over 9 minutes, Splash took the longest. All the Fantasyland attractions we rode were 15 minutes and under (Dumbo listed 20 but we only waited 10). Pooh was 5 minute wait, as was small world and the carousel (although we basically walked on to the carousel).

Speckled! I'm so glad you had a great day, and it looks like you got to do TONS of stuff! Weren't you aiming for 28 or so attractions? So that would mean you knocked out over 20 different experiences? You're making me doubt my down-to-the-minute plan and I'm now thinking it's probably going to be wastepaper within five minutes as we just go with the flow. What did your parents think of the day overall?

Speckled! I'm so glad you had a great day, and it looks like you got to do TONS of stuff! Weren't you aiming for 28 or so attractions? So that would mean you knocked out over 20 different experiences? You're making me doubt my down-to-the-minute plan and I'm now thinking it's probably going to be wastepaper within five minutes as we just go with the flow. What did your parents think of the day overall?
It’s good to have a plan to fall back on but maybe not a down to the minute one. The plan I ended up having was more of a general structure of the day (galaxys edge, lunch, parade, FP rides, non-FP rides, Fantasmic, fireworks, a few non-FP rides, leave) and I think that it was more helpful than an exact plan, as you can’t plan exact FPs. I made a plan really fast after we weren’t going to rope drop, but hopefully you won’t have to do that. What I really fell back on and kept checking in the end was my screenshot of Skyegirl’s FP “priorities.” Those really helped my FP decisions. You should also keep an eye on times though - for instance, BTM was lower priority than Star Tours, but at the time that I could get my next FP, BTM was later than Star Tours. Getting BTM at the time listed (3:40-4:40) fit my plan better, while the current listed Star Tours time was too close to the parade time. I also had a list of must-dos and would like to dos and that was helpful to have as well.

It’s good to have a plan to fall back on but maybe not a down to the minute one. The plan I ended up having was more of a general structure of the day (galaxys edge, lunch, parade, FP rides, non-FP rides, Fantasmic, fireworks, a few non-FP rides, leave) and I think that it was more helpful than an exact plan, as you can’t plan exact FPs. I made a plan really fast after we weren’t going to rope drop, but hopefully you won’t have to do that. What I really fell back on and kept checking in the end was my screenshot of Skyegirl’s FP “priorities.” Those really helped my FP decisions. You should also keep an eye on times though - for instance, BTM was lower priority than Star Tours, but at the time that I could get my next FP, BTM was later than Star Tours. Getting BTM at the time listed (3:40-4:40) fit my plan better, while the current listed Star Tours time was too close to the parade time. I also had a list of must-dos and would like to dos and that was helpful to have as well.
A general plan and some knowledge and priorities are huge and so helpful. I think a “first thing in the morning” plan is usually a good call (obviously you had to change yours!) A time-based schedule just doesn’t really work at DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter