Is There Sushi on the Dream?

I did see sushi for lunch at Cabanas on my Dream cruise (sail date 2/27). I'm a sushi fan but I didn't actually try any on the cruise (so much food, so little time!). I know for sure I saw various sushi rolls, but I'm not sure about what other kinds of sushi were offered.

:sunny:

Cabanas (lunch) Timon posted this was a sea day, so I don't know if they have it on the 3-night. Anyone know?
20110202_0195.jpg

originally posted by Timon

I read an article (Trying to find the source now) that the Sushi Chef's onboard the Dream were trained by none-other than the world renowned Chef Asanuma Yoshio (Chef Yoshi) on the trip from the shipyard in Germany to Florida. I also read in the same article that he hated every minute of it! :thumbsup2

Some people just don't like boats. :confused3

I don't have an answer to your question, as I haven't even been on our first cruise yet, I am looking forward to eating some! This, and I typically don't even like Sushi! :laughing:

I had it last Friday (3/11/11) for lunch. It was yummy but the wasabi was hot and I usually like it very hot. It actually made me tear up at little. I had the salmon rolls.

my DD LOVE sushi too I can not wait to show her the photo...but she can only have vegetarian sushi rolls she can not have shellfish....

My boyfriend loves California rolls. I don't mind shellfish but I prefer the vegetarian rolls like you're daughter.

my DD LOVE sushi too I can not wait to show her the photo...but she can only have vegetarian sushi rolls she can not have shellfish....

If she is particularly allergic, make sure to let the sushi chef know - a lot of the time sushi chefs prep and roll the sushi in the same place for fish/shellfish and veggie rolls. Better safe than sorry...

I have never had sushi but have been wanting to try it. I never want to order it in case I don't like it ( I would hate to waste my money). Sounds like the cruise will be the perfect time to try it! My sister will be with me and she loves sushi- so she can eat mine if I don't like it!

Oh so yummy! I can't wait! What could be better, sun, Disney, fun, sea, and sushi!

So they have sushi for lunch at Cabana's everyday, even on the 3 night cruise?

Sushi would be great! We finished the Mexican Riviera cruise aboard the Wonder a month ago and my family and I were missing our white rice. The food was great though, but we just missed our rice. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter