Is there Covid in your circle?

LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
I knew a couple in their 70's from NYC who got it back in the spring, the wife passed away suddenly but the husband recovered.

Over the summer I've known a few early 20's young adults through my kids who had it, most passed it ok but one girl is a long hauler, she & her whole family got it on a "back to school" family trip in August.

This month the mom of one of my kids friends got it, she is a secretary in a local school, the schools are now remote because it was moving so fast through the district. She recovered, she is in her 60's.
Today I found out that SIL's MIL who is in a long term care facility just tested positive, she is in her 70's. Thing is family isn't allowed to visit so the only way she caught it is through the people who work in the facility. I hope she'll be ok, it's too early to know.

In a word, unnerving.

It’s been in my house. Youngest DD (14) tested positive December 11. We got the results on the 16th. She felt mildly sick for a few days. Her major symptom was a headache. Her temp was up a bit, but not a fever. No respiratory symptoms at all. My other DD’s (20 and 17) and I tested negative. I am shocked. The night before her headache started I drove her to and from her volleyball practice 30-40 minutes away. So over an hour in the car with her unmasked with the heat on. She got it while in a car for about 30 minutes and was masked.
Otherwise I know of a few of my kids friends who have had it. One couple that DH and I had been friends with for years the wife and daughter had it. Husband escaped it. Everyone has recovered.

My daughter, her husband, their 7 month old and their 3.5 year old all tested positive. They think the baby got it at daycare and shared. Luckily mild symptoms or asymptomatic. They are local and have all been released from isolation. My sister-in-law in another state also tested positive. She is a hospital nurse and also fairly mild symptoms.

I know DD and family were taking the best precautions that they could.

I've had a couple coworkers test positive. That's it. They both recovered with (so far) no issues. And they caught it before Thanksgiving.

No, I don’t know of anyone who’s tested positive.

I had a very very bad cold that was in my lungs for a few weeks in January/February. It was so bad that I could only climb two or three stairs before I’d have to stop and catch my breath for a minute. I was sick for about 6 weeks. Part of me wonders if it may have been Covid even though we didn’t have any reported cases in the city until March or April.

A cousin who does not live nearby had a mild case, but his wife never got it, and a coworker’s grandfather got it and recovered. Those are the only two I know of.

My neighbor and his wife had it. 14 day quarantine, daily calls from the Health department. They said it was like a mild cold. Pretty amazing since he is 69 and a stage 4 cancer patients.
A co-worker has lost 6 family members to covid. Another lost her dad. And my Facebook feed is full over people who have lost loved ones.

I've had one co-worker test positive. Her Husband and son had it and she tested positive but was only mildly sick.

I also just found out today that another co-workers son tested positive, so it is likely she will too, as they live in the same household.

I do not work directly with either of these people but my daughter works directly with the new one.

No one in my "circle", but I know a few people who have had it. One spent some time in the ICU. No deaths, yet, thankfully.

I know lots of people who have had it, including myself. No one I know has been hospitalized for it though. Most people I know who had it felt crappy for 1-3 days and then recovered fine thankfully.

I knew a couple in their 70's from NYC who got it back in the spring, the wife passed away suddenly but the husband recovered.

Over the summer I've known a few early 20's young adults through my kids who had it, most passed it ok but one girl is a long hauler, she & her whole family got it on a "back to school" family trip in August.

This month the mom of one of my kids friends got it, she is a secretary in a local school, the schools are now remote because it was moving so fast through the district. She recovered, she is in her 60's.
Today I found out that SIL's MIL who is in a long term care facility just tested positive, she is in her 70's. Thing is family isn't allowed to visit so the only way she caught it is through the people who work in the facility. I hope she'll be ok, it's too early to know.

In a word, unnerving.
We've had quite a few staff members in our school that have had it this year... around 15 of the 80ish staff members. Thankfully all have/are recovering. On the other hand I'm grateful that no one in our extended family has.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter