Is There Anyway To Get Cheap Airfare To Go To WDW ARound XMAS??

DonaldsGrl103

DIS Veteran
I Asked this on the budget board but couldnt get too much help so hopefully someone hear will be able to help!!

Hey Everyone this would be our first time ever coming for disney during xmas. I live in ny so I would want to depart out of LGA or kennedy airport but was wondering if the airfare will damper my plans. I would probably leave Dec. 17 or 18 or 19th and come back the day or two after xmas. Any help is appreciated. We usually pay about 175.00 round trip. THANKS

Supply and demand drives prices. Your best bet would have been to book the airfare at 11 months out. Sometimes you get sales, sometimes you don't.

You probably won't get a good deal at Xmas, unless Southwest runs from your airport. Everyone travels at Xmas so since demand is higher, so are prices.

Look at the cost of fuel. It's insane, that also will feed higher prices.

Jet Blue just opened up their schedule through January (from JFK). The flights we want to take would be $478 per person!!!! ouch. Two years ago we flew at Christmas and it was about $450 when we booked, and by the time Christmas came around we had gotten some credit since the fares came down. But believe me, they didn't come down that much.

We are looking to travel around the same dates as you and the airfares are insane right now. We were anxiously awaiting Jet Blue to open up December and now that they have, the fares for those dates are around $300 pp. We're a family of 5 so there's no way we can do that. Last time we flew (not Xmas) we went Southwest for a total of $697, non stop flights! At this point I thing we'll wait for SW and if the price isn't right we may just drive.

Good luck, you're not the only one!

I also am in the same boat for Thanksgiving. MY dates are even a bit flexible and I can't get good rates. If not we will drive. What about priceline..did you read thru the FAQ at biddingfortravel.com. They are the experts!

The key is to just keep checking. I had to change my son's tickets from April to December since they couldn't join us on the April trip and I'd already purchased tickets. I had to pay a 50.00 change fee per ticket and didn't want to pay a whole lot more for the price difference between the initial tickets and the ones for December.

The are flying Alaska from Seattle and prices were about 400.00 Dec 18 - 23rd. They fluctuated slightly but about 2 weeks ago, I checked one morning and they were down to 278.00 - I jumped on it. I often check almost daily when planning a trip and invariably run across a decent low rate that last for a day or so. Also just bought tickets on Northwest to fly into Providence from Seattle and then out of Baltimore back to Seattle this coming August. Usually mulit-city trips are fairly expensive but snagged these for 289.00 roundtrip. I checked daily for weeks and this past Wenesday morning the right price came; for the heck of it I just checked again and it's back up to 350.00.

the more often you check, the more apt you are to run across a deal.

From travellady,check often.Got RT tickets for our December trip on ATA $189.00 was $280.00 when we started checking and now is back in $260.00 range,Indianapolis to Orlando.::yes:: :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter