Is there a trick to getting a Minnie Van?

Fido Chuckwagon

DIS Veteran
On my last trip we tried to get a Minnie Van on multiple occasions but it only ever worked once. Using the lyft app it would constantly just timeout while it was searching for a minnie van. These weren’t exactly peak times either. We were able to get it working once but that was it. Is there some other tip or trick to get this to work?

I’ve got two kids in car seats so regular lyft vehicles are no good.

In my experience, there are no tricks. Sometimes supply/demand just doesn’t go in your favor.

We’ve mostly had good luck connecting to one, but occasionally it never will. We always have a Plan B in mind just in case.

We visit WDW frequently and have used Minnie Vans since they started. It is definitely becoming more and more difficult to get one.
Like PP said, it’s supply/demand. Sometimes we can get one and sometimes we can’t. Fortunately for us we can use a regular Lyft if we need to.

Depending on the ages of your children, you might be able to use Uber as a fall-back. Lyft doesn't have any vehicles equipped with car seats, but Uber does have some with one car seat.

Florida law requires a car seat or booster for children younger than 6. So if your older child is 6 or older, you could use Uber.

The other option would be a portable booster like BubbleBum for kids needing boosters.

If those options don't work, it's luck of the draw with MV, or Disney buses.

Yeah, my kids are 4 and 11 months, so I need two car seats. I think we’re stuck with Disney buses again if we can’t get a minnie van.

If you need and can't get, a Minnie Van from your resort, ask guest services if they can do anything for you, especially as you have little ones.... we got lucky a couple of times :)

Last trip we tried everyday and we managed to snag a minivan 2 times. I asked the driver if they don't have as many since when you look at the app there seems to be none driving around . He said " no there are more running now just not showing on the app because they are with customers"

High demand it seems. I might just use Uber/Lyft next trip. I preferred minivan for the safety ( yes I'm that kinda person to worry about such things).

Yeah, my kids are 4 and 11 months, so I need two car seats. I think we’re stuck with Disney buses again if we can’t get a minnie van.

Not sure of your comfort level, but in Florida, a 4-year-old can legally ride in a booster seat. DD will be 4 on our next trip, and I bought an inflatable one to throw in my backpack, just in case we need an uber/lyft at some point. If you went that route, you could also try for an Uber that has a carseat for the littlest one and use the booster for your 4-year-old. I know people have differing comfort levels with child seats, but wanted to throw it out there.

If you're interested, Bubblebum and Hiccapop are the two main inflatable ones, or you could look up the Mifold, which is more of a strap system that brings the seatbelt to the child rather than the child to the seatbelt. All three have passed safety tests and are legal on the US market.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter